[COMPLETE] Raspberry Jam by Carolyn Wells - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

SaraHale wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:35 am Another thing that I do to make the editing smooth, is to listen and repeat (imitate) a part of what I said then continue the rest of the sentence. You know how we get a preview with Punch and Roll, I don't only listen to it but say it out loud to have a similar voice as I can.

When I fix PL errors, I always like to say a couple of words before and after the word that I want to correct to make it less obvious that I recorded that part later. I hope you'll find these tips helpful when you get to record.
Very smart. I will definitely try that when I get back to recording!
SaraHale wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:35 am I don't use HTML frequently. But when I need to test something, I use this website (https://www.w3schools.com/).
I used to use that website! I really need to get back into coding. I'm taking a web design class next semester so maybe that will help.
SaraHale wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:35 am Well, I've uploaded Chapter 7. And hopefully, chapter 8 will be uploaded next week. Today, I added "Natural Reader Text to Speech" to practice future chapters before I record them to decrease my mistakes.
Yay! I have a busy day and a few other chapters to listen to, but I will get to this soon. As to "Natural Reader Text to Speech", what is that? I think LibriVox is cool because it can help new English learners learn by listening to others, and maybe more advanced English learners learn pronunciation and stuff by recording.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:43 pm Very smart. I will definitely try that when I get back to recording!
Please, let me know the moment you decide to get back to the recording. I'd love to be your DPL.
lymiewithpurpose wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:43 pm I used to use that website! I really need to get back into coding. I'm taking a web design class next semester so maybe that will help.
That's so COOL! I wonder what you'll learn, it seems exciting.
lymiewithpurpose wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:43 pm Yay! I have a busy day and a few other chapters to listen to, but I will get to this soon. As to "Natural Reader Text to Speech", what is that? I think LibriVox is cool because it can help new English learners learn by listening to others, and maybe more advanced English learners learn pronunciation and stuff by recording.
That's okay! Take your time. I do listen to other Librivox recordings all the time. But I need to practice listening to the chapter that I want to record and that's why I'm using a Text-To-Speech Extention/app to help me.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

Lovely recording! I think I can't make too many guesses yet until we get the autopsy back. I do think Aunt Abby saw the murderer, and the watch will be the solution.

Also, whatever text to speech thing combined with Speechling seems to have worked wonderfully! I still have a few notes, but overall it seemed more confident and correct. Nice work!

0:21 – very slight, bit it sounds more like ‘word’ than ‘worried’ to me

2:10 – heard ‘aromic’ instead of ‘aromatic’

8:11 – ‘whooshing’ sound (can’t quite describe it)

10:16 – heard ‘emptid’ instead of ‘emptied’

12:20 – heard ‘fury’ instead of ‘fiery’

14:02 – heard ‘Mrs.’ instead of ‘Miss’

17:39 – peculiarly sounds a bit off to me

Can't wait for more!

P.S. I will definitely let you know when I record again!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Campbell,

I've edited chapter 7 but the volume isn't right this time (85.8 dB). The volume was 86.3 dB. Could you please tell me your compressor settings? I can't amplify the recording without clipping. I don't know how this happened. The editing doesn't seem that noticeable to me. :hmm:

I've also recorded chapter 8 what's left is to edit it. Hopefully, I'll upload it on Thursday.
lymiewithpurpose

Of course! My compressor settings are -12, -40, 7:1, 0.2, 1.0, (in order) and no check boxes. That's strange, and I hope this helps. I may be a few days after you upload it with the Holidays. Also, people just uploaded in a mad rush, and I have about 14 chapters to listen to.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 7:15 am Of course! My compressor settings are -12, -40, 7:1, 0.2, 1.0, (in order) and no check boxes. That's strange, and I hope this helps. I may be a few days after you upload it with the Holidays. Also, people just uploaded in a mad rush, and I have about 14 chapters to listen to.
Thanks so much! I'll give it a try. That's okay, please take your time with the PL.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey,

I tried your compressor settings but still couldn't amplify the recording. :( Even though it worked on another recording perfectly. So, the compressor settings that I used are -20, -40,8:1,0.20,1.0. One more question, if you don't mind, what are the order do you have in your macro? Do you start with the compressor and end with noise reduction? Thanks!

Here are the PL Notes timestamps:

@00:20 - worried way

@2:10 - He had prescribed aromatic ammonia for Eunice

@8:10 - pushed back his chair from the table.

@10:14 - the half-emptied water-glass

@12:17 - wondered at her fiery exhibition of temper

@14:00 - where’s Miss Ames?

@17:36 - or your peculiarly hard position

Let me know what do you think of them? I feel that the edits aren't as good as the previous chapters.

P.S. Take your time! And Merry Christmas.
lymiewithpurpose

Hm. I didn't listen to chapter 7, but I downloaded it and the volume was good. Are you checking the right file?

My order for my macro is:
ReplayGain Normalize (I know this is discouraged, but my volume is usually so close anyways)
Compressor
Noise Reduction
Equalizer
De-Esser
De-Clicker

That is bizarre. Hope this helps!

I am leaving later this morning, so I will either get to this this morning or over the next few days. If it's not for a couple of days, Merry Christmas as well!
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

I listened to Chapter 7, and it is PL OK! I don't think the edits were bad. I only could tell because I was looking for them. Still smoother than most I've heard from other people.

I hope this volume thing works out! It read for me at 88.6 dbs. Strange that it doesn't seem like that for you.

Can't wait for Chapter 8! Thursday is the day I am traveling back, and I don't know if/how much time I will have. I will definitely get to it starting Friday though.

Merry Christmas!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: December 24th, 2019, 7:54 am the volume was good. Are you checking the right file?

My order for my macro is:
ReplayGain Normalize (I know this is discouraged, but my volume is usually so close anyways)
Compressor
Noise Reduction
Equalizer
De-Esser
De-Clicker

That is bizarre. Hope this helps!

I am leaving later this morning, so I will either get to this this morning or over the next few days. If it's not for a couple of days, Merry Christmas as well!
Hey,

Yes, I checked the right file. I change the compressor settings that you shared to make it work.

Thanks so much. I only use the following
Noise Reduction
ReplayGain Analyze (I get a different number every time)
De-Clicker

Thanks for taking the time to listen to it. Have a safe trip. :D
lymiewithpurpose

Ah, I see I misread your post. I'm glad that you got the volume figured out! And yes, your routine seems much simpler. I always use the compressor to try to even it as much as possible. The equalizer helps with my background noise. The de-esser is great for all of my sibilance. But yours works for you, and that's great!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: December 24th, 2019, 3:59 pm Ah, I see I misread your post. I'm glad that you got the volume figured out! And yes, your routine seems much simpler. I always use the compressor to try to even it as much as possible. The equalizer helps with my background noise. The de-esser is great for all of my sibilance. But yours works for you, and that's great!
Hey Campbell,

Chapter 8 is ready for a PL.

10 chapters to go.
lymiewithpurpose

Woohoo! Can't wait. However, be aware it may be a tad. Another project just submitted some 'Spot PLs' that if they are OK the project will be finished. Also, I am gone this morning and there's a good college American football game on tonight, then we have company... then tomorrow I have chores and an essential pro-league American football game to watch, so.... anyways, I am very excited and will get to it when I can. Have a good day (or days).
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: December 28th, 2019, 9:53 am Woohoo! Can't wait. However, be aware it may be a tad. Another project just submitted some 'Spot PLs' that if they are OK the project will be finished. Also, I am gone this morning and there's a good college American football game on tonight, then we have company... then tomorrow I have chores and an essential pro-league American football game to watch, so.... anyways, I am very excited and will get to it when I can. Have a good day (or days).
That's totally okay! Please take your time. Have an AWESOME week. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

Things are heating up. Here are my thoughts:
  • Eunice is only becoming more suspicious
  • Only thing working against Eunice is the 'ghost' Aunt Abby saw. Eunice would know the house better than to go into Aunt Abby's room.
  • There is a possibility that someone was concealed, but the method of death is still unclear
  • Could someone have poisoned his food (raspberry jam?) earlier, then come back to make sure he was dead? But they said the doctor didn't think it was through the stomach...
  • Can't make any more guesses until more info is given
Now to notes. I was picky this time and you may want to ignore some of them. Only a few are pronunciation, you're sounding great!

1:29 – heard ‘unknown’ instead of ‘known’

7:04 – missing word ‘more’ (in ‘one more person’)

9:16/1:19 – very small optional note here, but instead of ‘administered’ I’m hearing ‘administrid’. The ending should be pronounced the same as stirred, instead of ‘strid’.

9:58 – yes, I know I’m being picky. Feel free to ignore. Heard ‘extERmety’ instead of ‘extREmity’ (good pronunciation here: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/extremity)

10:46 – heard ‘mysteriously’ instead of ‘mysterious’

14:22 – heard ‘started’ instead of ‘startled’

22:30 – seems like ‘an irresponsible’ is mashed together

26:49 – heard ‘impertent’ instead of ‘impertenent’
Campbell