[COMPLETE] Raspberry Jam by Carolyn Wells - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

SaraHale wrote: April 20th, 2020, 8:05 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 20th, 2020, 7:22 am Well congenital was perfect, and the de amplification made the edit unnoticeable to my ears. The only thing I'm still having a bit of a problem with is the 'croaked'. Not sure if you've googled pronunciation, but the way to pronounce croak can be found here: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/croak. Hope that helps.

I only have about 20 minutes of recording run time to edit (so probably a few hours of actual work :lol:) but can then get to chapter 15!
Thanks! :hmm: I don't know what to do. I can't listen to the audio on the website that you have shared. But I've checked the word's pronunciation before on these websites:
https://www.wordreference.com/es/translation.asp?tranword=croak

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+pronounce+croaked&oq=&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Google now lets you practice the word and correct it for you when you choose American Pronunciation. And to be honest, I can't hear the 'oa' when I hear it.

20 minutes of recording run time to edit :?: Does that mean you are back as a reader? :9: I hope you are.
That is strange. I didn't know that certain websites like that wouldn't let everybody listen. Those websites you have sound right to me. But when I listen to your recording, I hear a different 'croa' sound, as in 'crock' (pronunciation here (same website as one you linked): https://www.wordreference.com/es/translation.asp?tranword=crock). The 'croak' should have the hard o sound found in the websites you linked (or as in 'float' or 'boat'). Let me know if that's confusing. If you don't think you can do it we can skip it though.

Sadly, not back as a reader yet. Honestly, I don't think I will be for at least another year. But I hope to be back! I am just editing plays and DRs. I was stupid and put a 40 minute play together just putting in the lines without adjusting volume as I go, so now I'm having to go back and amplify pretty much every single line to make the volumes match. Ah well.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

Wow, Chapter 15 gave some great clues, that I think helped me solve it. This may be totally obvious, but I suspect Hendricks as the main one, using Hanlon as help. Don't know exactly how, but Hendricks obviously really cares about Eunice. The medium is suspicious. With it's disguise, I think it was Hanlon playing that part with information from Hendricks about the name and stuff. Hendricks wanted the blame on Aunt Abbey. I also think Hendrick's ear problems have something to do with it, not sure what. I was also curious, maybe the gasoline actually killed Embury? Maybe not. This could all be totally off. Just thinking. We'll see.

Only a few notes:
4:50 – results should be pronounced ‘re-SULTS’ rather than ‘RE-sults’

11:52 – small note, but reconciled should be pronounced with a soft e

12:28 – heard ‘compulsively’ instead of ‘compulsory’

13:56 – heard ‘mint’ instead of ‘mite’

14:35 – recollection should also have a soft e

21:31 – I heard more of ‘owe’ than ‘awe’

20:32 – didn’t hear the ‘a’ in bigger’n a house, which makes it sound strange to me
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 21st, 2020, 10:53 am Wow, Chapter 15 gave some great clues, that I think helped me solve it. This may be totally obvious, but I suspect Hendricks as the main one, using Hanlon as help. Don't know exactly how, but Hendricks obviously really cares about Eunice. The medium is suspicious. With it's disguise, I think it was Hanlon playing that part with information from Hendricks about the name and stuff. Hendricks wanted the blame on Aunt Abbey. I also think Hendrick's ear problems have something to do with it, not sure what. I was also curious, maybe the gasoline actually killed Embury? Maybe not. This could all be totally off. Just thinking. We'll see.
:mrgreen: I don't know what to say. You are on the right track. Chapter 16 will confirm your theory. Good job. :thumbs:

Okay, I'll fix them along with chapter 14. By the way, I've just finished chapter 16, will upload it tomorrow morning.
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: April 21st, 2020, 10:59 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 21st, 2020, 10:53 am Wow, Chapter 15 gave some great clues, that I think helped me solve it. This may be totally obvious, but I suspect Hendricks as the main one, using Hanlon as help. Don't know exactly how, but Hendricks obviously really cares about Eunice. The medium is suspicious. With it's disguise, I think it was Hanlon playing that part with information from Hendricks about the name and stuff. Hendricks wanted the blame on Aunt Abbey. I also think Hendrick's ear problems have something to do with it, not sure what. I was also curious, maybe the gasoline actually killed Embury? Maybe not. This could all be totally off. Just thinking. We'll see.
:mrgreen: I don't know what to say. You are on the right track. Chapter 16 will confirm your theory. Good job. :thumbs:

Okay, I'll fix them along with chapter 14. By the way, I've just finished chapter 16, will upload it tomorrow morning.
I guess I've read too many murder mysteries. I'm still interested in the how/why. If Hendricks did kill Embury, how? And why did he enlist Hanlon? Haven't gotten that figured out. I guess I'll learn more in Chapter 16.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 21st, 2020, 12:10 pm I guess I've read too many murder mysteries. I'm still interested in the how/why. If Hendricks did kill Embury, how? And why did he enlist Hanlon? Haven't gotten that figured out. I guess I'll learn more in Chapter 16.
Hey Campbell,

I've changed my mind. I've uploaded Chapter 16 & 17. I'll try to do Chapter 18 tomorrow. I want you to get the story as a whole by now and then I'll fix all the PL Notes in one sitting.
lymiewithpurpose

Oh, Chapter 16 brought up some new stuff. I think it's kinda unfair that Mr. Patterson was introduced so late but it does add a layer to it. So now I'm thinking Hendricks and Patterson worked together and enlisted Hanlon. Can't wait to find out. Unfortunately I have a bunch of notes this time. Some of them are pretty nit picky so as always feel free to skip some.

3:17 – heard ‘Mrs. Ames’ instead of ‘Miss Ames’

4:10 – heard ‘more trippened’ instead of ‘more’n tripped’

7:18 – heard ‘Scotts’ instead of ‘scoots’

9:25 – breakfast is just the slightest bit off- the ‘break’ should not be pronounced as in ‘break’ but should sound more like ‘brek’ if that makes sense

10:06 – not sure if this is intentional, but Embury here sounds different than the other times you say it

11:01 – heard ‘worst’ instead of ‘worsted’

16:01 – heard ‘wielding’ instead of ‘wheedling’

16:12 – heard ‘backed’ instead of ‘banked’

16:40 – ‘photographer’ has a unique pronunciation, I won’t point you to a link as I don’t know which ones you will be able to hear

17:15 – heard ‘fused’ instead of ‘fussed’

19:17 – heard ‘respond’ instead of ‘response’

22:28 – shady should have a hard a in it

24:26 – very picky here, but I’m having a hard time hearing the second ‘in’ sound so it sounds more like ‘bring’ to me, there may be nothing you can do though

27:33 – collateral sounded funky to me, it sounded better earlier

27:42 – heard ‘bolt’ instead of ‘blot
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Chapter 16 is interesting. Didn't change too much for me, but with Hanlon being a climber maybe he climbed up through Patterson's window? I can't wait for the next chapter.

Sadly have quite a bit of notes here too.
0:25 – heard ‘scarefully’ instead of ‘skilfully’

0:38 – heard ‘in fear’ instead of ‘infer’

1:07 – heard ‘intuition’ instead of ‘tuition’

1:25 – missed ‘a’ in ‘a Westchester suburb’ (which can change the meaning)

5:41 – heard ‘noodle’ instead of ‘noddle’

8:37 – borrowed sounds a bit like board here to me

13:46 – there is some loud traffic noise, maybe just replace this silence with silence (if that makes sense)

15:53 – missed ‘go’ in ‘gotta go up’

22:10 – heard ‘racking up’ instead of ‘whacking up’

23:42 – heard ‘hardly’ instead of ‘hearty’

24:35 – heard ‘skyscrapes’ instead of ‘skyscrapers’

25:06 – heard ‘experiment’ instead of ‘expert’
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Thank you so much! I'll fix them. :thumbs: One more chapter to go then fix the errors.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Campbell,

I'm so sorry for not uploading the last chapter. I've been busy.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to edit it. Maybe, next Saturday. :hmm:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: April 25th, 2020, 12:23 pm Hey Campbell,

I'm so sorry for not uploading the last chapter. I've been busy.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to edit it. Maybe, next Saturday. :hmm:
Sounds good to me, hope all is ok.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 25th, 2020, 12:44 pm Sounds good to me, hope all is ok.
Everything is okay! I just have a lot on my plate right now. And I'm still adjusting to Ramadan. Today would be the third day in Ramadan. :9:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: April 25th, 2020, 6:24 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 25th, 2020, 12:44 pm Sounds good to me, hope all is ok.
Everything is okay! I just have a lot on my plate right now. And I'm still adjusting to Ramadan. Today would be the third day in Ramadan. :9:
Ah, that makes sense. And times are crazy. Have a good Ramadan.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 26th, 2020, 6:23 am Ah, that makes sense. And times are crazy. Have a good Ramadan.
Thanks! :9:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Campbell,

I'm still here. But I'm very busy and there is a high chance that I won't be able to finish it soon. So, maybe after Ramadan (May 26th).
lymiewithpurpose

Ok, sounds good. Have a great rest of Ramadan!
Campbell