[COMPLETE] Raspberry Jam by Carolyn Wells - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: May 10th, 2020, 10:12 am Ok, sounds good. Have a great rest of Ramadan!
Thanks for your patience and understanding. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Hi Sarah,

I was just checking in on you since I haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is ok and you had a great Ramadan!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

Hi Sarah,

I was just checking in on you since I haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is ok and you had a great Ramadan!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 8th, 2020, 5:06 pm Hi Sarah,

Thanks, Campbell!

I'm very busy with work. I'm not sure when will I be able to upload or correct the sections.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: July 8th, 2020, 9:42 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 8th, 2020, 5:06 pm Hi Sarah,

Thanks, Campbell!

I'm very busy with work. I'm not sure when will I be able to upload or correct the sections.
Sounds good. Glad to hear nothing's majorly wrong.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hi Campbell,

First of all, I'm so sorry for taking so long with this recording. Thank you for sticking around. I appreciate it.

So, how's it going with you?

I've uploaded chapter 18.

And I'll work on fixing those mistakes.

A lot had happened in my life. My computer then the internet and then work. Hopefully, I'd be back on LibriVox soon.

Until we meet again, have an AWESOME day.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: March 14th, 2021, 2:39 pm Hi Campbell,

First of all, I'm so sorry for taking so long with this recording. Thank you for sticking around. I appreciate it.

So, how's it going with you?

I've uploaded chapter 18.

And I'll work on fixing those mistakes.

A lot had happened in my life. My computer then the internet and then work. Hopefully, I'd be back on LibriVox soon.

Until we meet again, have an AWESOME day.
Hi there, glad to hear you're doing ok. I'm excited to listen! Life has gotten a bit busy for me, so I'm not sure how much listening I'll be able to do soon, but I have a little break coming up in a few weeks that I could definitely listen to then. Let me know if that's too late. So excited to get back to this book!
Campbell
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

So good to hear from both of you!
Kathrine
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 14th, 2021, 3:35 pm Hi there, glad to hear you're doing ok. I'm excited to listen! Life has gotten a bit busy for me, so I'm not sure how much listening I'll be able to do soon, but I have a little break coming up in a few weeks that I could definitely listen to then. Let me know if that's too late. So excited to get back to this book!
Thanks! It's good to be back after such a long time. Not a problem! I want you to listen to the recordings. So, it's okay to take our time.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

kathrinee wrote: March 14th, 2021, 8:46 pm So good to hear from both of you!
Thanks, Kathrinee. So, how are you? I hope you are doing well.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:58 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 14th, 2021, 3:35 pm Hi there, glad to hear you're doing ok. I'm excited to listen! Life has gotten a bit busy for me, so I'm not sure how much listening I'll be able to do soon, but I have a little break coming up in a few weeks that I could definitely listen to then. Let me know if that's too late. So excited to get back to this book!
Thanks! It's good to be back after such a long time. Not a problem! I want you to listen to the recordings. So, it's okay to take our time.
Yay! I'm very excited to see who the murderer is. Can't wait!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 15th, 2021, 9:04 am Yay! I'm very excited to see who the murderer is. Can't wait!
Same here!

I have a question for you. :hmm:

I'm thinking about editing my mistakes to be ready for you during your break. What would be the best way to do so?

I think the safest way is to edit the mp3 file that I've uploaded. I'm afraid to use the Audacity files because I have taken a long break and I don't know if Audacity files match the final version of the mp3.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:06 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 15th, 2021, 9:04 am Yay! I'm very excited to see who the murderer is. Can't wait!
Same here!

I have a question for you. :hmm:

I'm thinking about editing my mistakes to be ready for you during your break. What would be the best way to do so?

I think the safest way is to edit the mp3 file that I've uploaded. I'm afraid to use the Audacity files because I have taken a long break and I don't know if Audacity files match the final version of the mp3.
Yeah, I'd guess that if you don't remember, it's probably best to go with what you know is safe. I know people say that reusing mp3 files can lower the sound quality slightly, but I've found that if you only reuse them a few times it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference.

Can't wait!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 16th, 2021, 8:56 am Yeah, I'd guess that if you don't remember, it's probably best to go with what you know is safe. I know people say that reusing mp3 files can lower the sound quality slightly, but I've found that if you only reuse them a few times it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference.

Can't wait!
Thanks! :thumbs: I'll use the mp3 files this time. Hopefully, everything would be fine.
lymiewithpurpose

Well, things opened up and I got to listen. I have to say, I'm surprised I guessed it, especially since my guess was based on absolutely no evidence. Next time I'll have to work on guessing it earlier :lol:. It was a great book to listen to, and you read it excellently.

I am sorry to say I found quite a few notes. I listed a lot because I know you like me to be pretty picky, so as normal, feel free to ignore any of them.

2:05 - interval - should be pronounced ‘IN-ter-val’ instead of ‘in-TER-val’

5:05 - heard ‘speak of me’ instead of ‘speak to me’ (I know this is a small thing, but it sounds a bit strange to me)

9:09 - exigency should be pronounced ‘EX-i-gen-cy’ instead of ‘ex-i-GEN-cy’

9:49 - heard ‘who owned him’ instead of ‘who owed him’

10:09 - the ‘t’ in ‘mortgages’ should be silent

12:13 - missing phrase ‘by the whole world’

16:52 - heard ‘hazard’ instead of ‘hazardous’

17:08 - heard ‘stores’ instead of ‘stories’

17:20 - miscalculation sounds a bit funny here to me, can you please check it? (Here is a website with how I normally hear it: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/miscalculation)

18:22 - heard ‘function’ instead of ‘unction’

20:40 - heard ‘Mrs. Ames’ instead of ‘Miss Ames’ (this is small, but I feel like I’ve made notes like these in the past so didn’t leave it out. Ignore if you want)

21:02 - heard ‘grabbled’ instead of ‘grabbed’

22:44 - heard ‘flug’ instead of ‘flung’

26:08 - heard ‘arouse’ instead of ‘arose’

28:21 - heard ‘he had to go to’ instead of ‘he had to get’

29:32 - heard ‘quartret’ instead of ‘quartet’

29:50 - heard ‘reminiscing’ instead of ‘reminiscently’ (really means the same thing so it doesn’t need to be changed, but I wanted to point it out just in case you wanted to)
Campbell