COMPLETE The Governess; or, The Little Female Academy by Sarah Fielding-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sections 5 & 6 PL OK.
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sections 7 & 8 PL OK :thumbs:
~Rosebud
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

Section 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/governessorthelittlefemaleacademy_09_fielding_128kb.mp3
15:37 duration

Hi, I've been trying to read ahead into the story, and I think I might need another two extra sections.
I will add them as I go along. Sorry if this is becoming bothersome to you...
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

No bother at all! I will add two more sections, then you can drag them to where you need them.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sections 9 & 10 - PL OK :clap:

Great work! I’m very much in suspense now, so I hope the next section is ready soon! :lol:
~Rosebud
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

mlcui

Post by mlcui »

RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sections 11 & 12 both PL OK :clap:
Holding my breath till the next part :wink:
~Rosebud
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/governessorthelittlefemaleacademy_13_fielding_128kb.mp3
Section 13 duration 13:56

What a difference a century makes!
This used to be the general way things were taught:
to be obedient without question; to be disobedient means you will be miserable forever;
to not think critically or independently...
This was the first novel purposely written for children.
I'm quite glad I wasn't born in that century...
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Oh wow! I can see how that would have been. (But then I suppose they didn't have all of the violence to deal with either that we have now... :?) But nevertheless, I too am glad to be where I am! :)
Looking forward to listening to it :thumbs:
~Rosebud
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/governessorthelittlefemaleacademy_14_fielding_128kb.mp3
Section 14 duration 14:01
RSlabaugh wrote: September 22nd, 2019, 8:55 pm But then I suppose they didn't have all of the violence to deal with either that we have now...
You have a very good point there! :!:
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Just so you know, I'm not forgetting about these files! I did run both through checker, so I just need to take the time to listen to them yet. I do have a rather busy week, but I'll see what I can do to squeeze it in sometime.
Thanks for your patience, and feel free to go your pace with the next files! We're getting so close to the finish line! :9:
~Rosebud