[COMPLETE]The Life of Ludwig van Beethoven, Volume I by Alexander Wheelock Thayer - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Mmmmmmm.

Gizzard wormmmm
:9:
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm getting behind. Forgive me. I will catch up before the weekend.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Sections 6 and 7 PL OK!
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: August 8th, 2019, 5:37 pm Sections 6 and 7 PL OK!
Thank you, sir!
Disclaimer:
realisticspeakers

Put me in coach. I'm ready to play...klavier...today.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_08_thayer_128kb.mp3
[26:51]
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: August 11th, 2019, 2:29 pm Put me in coach. I'm ready to play...klavier...today.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_08_thayer_128kb.mp3
PL OK!

I'll have to look up the word vicar (sp?) I know it as a cleric and pronounced differently.
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:37 pm
realisticspeakers wrote: August 11th, 2019, 2:29 pm Put me in coach. I'm ready to play...klavier...today.

PL OK!

I'll have to look up the word vicar (sp?) I know it as a cleric and pronounced differently.
oh yeah...I'll have to change that. Did you happen to note the time?
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: August 13th, 2019, 10:13 pm
KevinS wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:37 pm

PL OK!

oh yeah...I'll have to change that. Did you happen to note the time?
No, I'm afraid not. It was used twice. If I remember correctly it was part of the discussion where the young Beethoven served on 'probation' and was seen a bit as a marvel while the organ master was away. Ludwig at the harpsichord for the opera rehearsals? It just struck me as strange. I assume(d) there is another use of the word.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

You know, it may come from the Latin 'vice.' He---Ludwig---was serving as a designated replacement.

That doesn't help with the English pronunciation, though.
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: August 13th, 2019, 10:23 pm You know, it may come from the Latin 'vice.' He---Ludwig---was serving as a designated replacement.

Nothing can help my pronunciation.

They are at 7:58 and 8:08. I see you marked it as PL OK, but I'm going to correct those two later on today, anyway.

I'll lose sleep if I don't.
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: August 14th, 2019, 6:11 am
KevinS wrote: August 13th, 2019, 10:23 pm You know, it may come from the Latin 'vice.' He---Ludwig---was serving as a designated replacement.

They are at 7:58 and 8:08. I see you marked it as PL OK, but I'm going to correct those two later on today, anyway.

You're a pro.

Now I know how to torment you! (Wink.)
realisticspeakers

realisticspeakers wrote: August 14th, 2019, 6:11 am

OK I rerecorded https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_08_thayer_128kb.mp3

just kidding, I edited in 'vI-kƏr
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Good call. You can always show off and use the voiced bilabial non-sibilant fricative.

PL OK!
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: August 15th, 2019, 11:58 am Good call. You can always show off and use the voiced bilabial non-sibilant fricative.

PL OK!
I know what you said.
Disclaimer: