[COMPLETE]The Life of Ludwig van Beethoven, Volume I by Alexander Wheelock Thayer - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: September 13th, 2019, 8:59 pm
KevinS wrote: September 13th, 2019, 1:42 pm Section 10

17:32 I think I would eliminate what sounds like nervous laughter from Mozart.
19:12 'Inmate' or 'intimate'?
The recording is cut short before its close.
I guess not everyone saw Amadeus movie 😒

I'm working with new software, I think my network cut out during file transfer.
Hahaha! I saw it. I stand by my recommendation.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

KevinS wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:00 pm 17:32 I think I would eliminate what sounds like nervous laughter from Mozart.
19:12 'Inmate' or 'intimate'?
The recording is cut short before its close.
I guess not everyone saw Amadeus movie 😒
I was loathe to remove the laugh. Alas, c'est probablement pour le mieux. (sad emoji)

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_10_thayer_128kb.mp3
[34:33]
Now with an ending!

inmate (n.)
1580s, "one allowed to live in a house rented by another" (usually for a consideration),
from in (adj.) "inside" + mate (n.) "companion."
OED suggests the first element is perhaps originally inn.
Sense of "one confined to an institution" is first attested 1834.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

What does a relieved emoji look like?
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: September 17th, 2019, 8:59 am What does a relieved emoji look like?
Like a happy face that has discovered the benefits of fiber.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

And I thought I'd have time with coffee before finishing Section 10 and then I could wait patiently for 11!

I best get to work.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Such a short section. PL OK!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 10 now PL OK!

I admit, the chapter is a bit bereft sounding without your Tom Hulce impression. (The chapter will get over it.)
realisticspeakers

Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

PL OK!
realisticspeakers

Warning! Section 13 recorded.

Just need to edit, and make corrections, and contemplate my butchering of the foreign place-names and utter lack of understanding of the various currency nomenclatures before torturing the general populace.
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: November 12th, 2019, 4:35 am Warning! Section 13 recorded.

Just need to edit, and make corrections, and contemplate my butchering of the foreign place-names and utter lack of understanding of the various currency nomenclatures before torturing the general populace.
I suggest a quarterback sneak. (Whatever that is.)
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: November 12th, 2019, 5:17 am I suggest a quarterback sneak. (Whatever that is.)
I have no idea. I have no idea.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_13_thayer_128kb.mp3
[48:12]
Disclaimer:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: November 13th, 2019, 8:35 am
KevinS wrote: November 12th, 2019, 5:17 am I suggest a quarterback sneak. (Whatever that is.)
I have no idea. I have no idea.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_13_thayer_128kb.mp3
[48:12]
PL OK!
realisticspeakers

KevinS wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 8:54 pm PL OK!
Chapter 10 coming at you. [46:52]

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/lifeofludwigvanbeethoven1_14_thayer_128kb.mp3
Disclaimer: