COMPLETE The Heidenmauer; or, The Benedictines. A Legend of the Rhine by James Fenimore Cooper-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Joel,

My apologies on your name! Not sure where I got that, but thank you for pointing it out so I could correct myself going forward.

The 128kb reflects the bit rate of the sound recording, not the size of the file. We have agreed with Archive that we'll include that on the files we upload to their site. Somehow it helps their software correctly handle the derivations that they automatically make.

MaryAnn
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heidenmauer_00_cooper_128kb.mp3

Crossing my fingers that I got it right this time.

I've uploaded on my MW.

For "source" on MW, I figure that would be where I'm accessing the book. So, archive.org?

No problem on my name. I'm sure you see a lot of names and when you don't have faces and real personalities with them, it's easy to get them mixed.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Joel, I see you have a section ready. Cool. I noticed you thought you had loaded it into the MW, but for some reason it is not there. Something that always gets me is that after pasting, you have to save ( for time) and press enter for the file, or it isn't saved. :?: Thanks, kind of frustrating for the first time through, but you are almost to what you wanted to do, record a book. ha :lol: Cheryl
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for catching that. Well, I've tried it again. I'm still not sure if it entered and saved or not. I think I'm doing it right, but there isn't anything that tells me that I did get it saved. Is there a way that I can backdoor it like you and see if it is there?

Also, when I put the time of 43: it seems to automatically change it to 19:

Joel
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Joel, It isn't there? You can see it by looking at the magic window, if it is there you will see it there. Open the magic window by clicking on "BC Admin", under the MW. Then click on the space under "notes" or the space under "URL", put in your info, then save it. If that doesn't work, there may be some little thing wrong that MaryAnne can fix. Don't give up - Almost there, :roll: :D Cheryl
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

Yes! I think I really did it right this time. Please let me know if you can see it now. Also if I'm missing anything. Hopefully by Chapter 1 it will go nice and smoothly. I am supposed to place the link in this thread also, correct?

Joel
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 00 PL Note: One short repeat about 13:08, "thence we proceeded to Manheim Thence we proceeded..."

All the rest is perfect.

Just one more note about procedure: When you upload a chapter go to the "status" field and select "ready for PL". Then when I look at my "dashboard" of projects I can easily see where you are. When you have corrected this little error, please set the status to "ready for spotcheck", Then, after checking it, I will set it to PL OK.

It is sort of a double check system - using this message board to communicate, and the MW status to keep track of what has been done.

FYI, your timing is good and your sound volume just right. I also like that your pronunciation is good and your voice really lovely. That part is opinion, so if you are a professional reader excuse me.
Cheryl
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

Wonderful. Thank you, Cheryl. Having that extra set of ears is very helpful. It's like writing a paper--always good to have another pair of eyes proofread because as well as the writer thinks it has been written, it is all too easy to miss something. So thank you for doing this.

Professional or not, I am not above compliments. I thrive on them. They keep me energized to keep going and improving. I appreciated what you said about my timing, volume and pronunciation.

I've been suffering with a cold all this week, so I'm having to hold off on any recording. Don't want to sound like a different reader right out of the chute.

Joel
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 00 PL OK
:thumbs:
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 1 PL OK
:D
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heidenmauer_02_cooper_128kb.mp3

I reloaded 00 and 01 because I realized that I had pronounced "Rhine" incorrectly in the title. That was the only change.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 0 change PL OK
Section 1 change PL OK
Section 2 PL OK
If you do make a change to to a section after it is PL OK, please set the status to "Ready for Spot check".
Thanks
Cheryl
jkindrick

Post by jkindrick »

Got it on the "Ready for Spot." Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/heidenmauer_03_cooper_128kb.mp3

My hope to have this done by September is still my goal, but I have recently picked up some new responsibilities elsewhere in my life and September might be a bit ambitious. Nevertheless, I will see this through and am enjoying the process.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 3 PL OK