[Solo] Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope-mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce » November 7th, 2020, 4:31 pm

I was afraid when the first paragraph mentioned electioneering that it was going to be a political chapter. And I was hoping to escape from politicis for a half hour! But after all, it was Miss Dunstable, who is always refreshing. Thank you, and thank you for the prayers. It is comforting to know that you are praying for us in this very tense time. I believe some years ago the Queen described a year as an "annus horribilis." I've often thought of her comment this year. I hope we can think of 2020 as a bad year, looking back a few years from now, as that will mean that things were improved in 2021.

Marked both Chapters 37 and 38 PL OK.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!

NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley » November 22nd, 2020, 4:54 am

Hi

Here is Chapter 39 - I hope it will cheer you up!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_39_trollope_128kb.mp3 32:40

All we can di is look for the blessings in the middle of this time - we have seen more of Helen's brothers in the last year than in the decades since we married!

And you will have a new President in January - although we have to wait for a while to have a new Prime Minister.

Blessings

Nick

ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce » November 22nd, 2020, 8:41 pm

Yes, there are indeed silver linings in this situation! I look at the extra kindness and thoughtfulness of ordinary people, and the actions taken by businesses that contributed to the general welfare instead of the bottom line, and I am encouraged. This week is our Thanksgiving holiday, and we are all thankful for so many things that we took for granted before.

I am thankful that you decided to read the Cronicles of Barsetshire. I am enjoying them so much!!

Chapter 39 marked PL OK.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!