COMPLETE [Solo] Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Very little of Salmon or Norway in that chapter. I wonder if the Goat and Compass will be as absent in the next? Marked PL OK. Thanks for a great listen!

Glad you had a wonderful time seeing your family. All of mine is well. My daughter's hospital in Colorado is beginning to fill up, but is so far manageable. I do miss seeing her, but it's just too far to travel--3 days' drive, at least. It's nice to have my son only minutes away.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 32

We are experiencing an unusual heatwave: temperatures well over 30 degrees Celsius; with no air conditioning in the house sleeping is not easy.

We went dinghy sailing today - no wind this morning but a little breeze that picked up nicely in the afternoon. And bliss - three quarters of an hour car ride with air conditioning each way!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_32_trollope_128kb.mp3 22:52.1

I hope things stay manageable for your daughter - sorry she is so far away.
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Goats and Compasses pretty scarce in that chapter, as expected. Marked PL OK. I suspect the next chapter's name might better reflect its contents!

I think the warm weather is headed this direction this week. Perhaps you'll get a respite.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

I agree about the Chapter heading.

Here is the Consolation!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_33_trollope_128kb.mp3 23:03

We have some blessed cool and damp weather - so lovely to have some rain and to escape the heat!

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Yes, this chapter was better named. I enjoyed it, as always. Marked PL OK.

Glad you've gotten a break with the weather. Tomorrow will be a bit of an adventure here, as we are expecting the weather to be nearly 38 degrees. We don't often get that warm, and so most apartments don't have air conditioning. Our usual remedy - going out to eat, maybe take a walk in the mall, and to a movie to enjoy the air conditioning - is obviously not going to happen. I'll be enjoying it in my parents' garden, which is always cool.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 34 which does more or less what it says on the tin!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_34_trollope_128kb.mp3
28:03.5

We are in the throes of changing cars, which is all a little stressful!

Hope all remains well with you

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Oh, poor Lady Lufton. What a nasty surprise. Chapter 34 is PL OK.

Don't you wish cars and phones and computers would last forever? The changeout process is so stressful.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi Arlene

Sorry about the delay, but it has been a somewahat fraught couple of weeks.

Our lovely cat suffered a Saddle thrombosis and had to be put to sleep, which has rather upset us.

On a happier note, our lovely new curate, who started with us a couple of months ago but could not be ordained deacon at the time because of lockdown restrictions, was able to be ordained yesterday!

Here is Chapter 35 - you will need to turn to Wikipedia to find out who King Cophetua is (unless you are so well versed in classical literature that you already know!) because you won't find out from this chapter!

Blessings

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

My turn to apologize about the delay! How can life possibly be so busy when we hardly leave home? But it is.

So sorry about your cat. We can become so attached to those pets of ours. I still miss my Kittyness, even though he's been gone for more than 30 years.

Chapter 35 sounds great, and I'll mark in PL OK in just a minute. And then I'm headed straight for Wikipedia to satisfy my curiosity.

Hope all continues well with you.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

We are fine - apart from both of us having to have dental treatment! Think of us next Tuesday!

We are hoping to go away to a cottage near Gloucester for 4 days in a couple of weeks time - Covid willing - we have friends nearby whom we want to see, but the main reason is to look at the Severn Bore ( a rush of water a bit like a small Tsunami wave that is pushed up the river Severn by the tide when it is particularly strong.

Here is chapter 36
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_36_trollope_128kb.mp3 29:15.7; I hope you enjoy.

Have a lovely weekend
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

What a coincidence. I just heard of the Severn Bore for the first time this week. Hope the dental treatment goes well.

Chapter 36 is PL OK.

I never dreamed how the Audacity skills learned through work on this site would be put to work. Blending all the voices for virtual praise team and virutal choir are taking a big part of each week. But it's lovely to hear my friends' voices again, all singing together, even though everything was recorded separately. I have to play things over and over to get the timing and balance right. It's just like being at choir practice!
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 37
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_37_trollope_128kb.mp3 29:05.4

I hope you all remain well.

We had a lovely few days in Gloucestershire, seeing two lots of friends and the Severn Bore, and some wonderful countryside (although not as spectacular as yours).
Dental work proved a bit problematic; we both have to have further work - Helen root canal and me replacing a crown I didn't know I had lost - but the dentist was ill the day we were supposed to make a start on it all, so we are now waiting.

She had referred me to hospital, to have a lump in my mouth checked out - but the biopsy has shown it was benign, so all is well.

Blessings
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

"...the hubbub of a general election was to pervade the country. This produced no inconsiderable irritation and annoyance..." Could I be forgiven if I thought I had accidently brought up the news instead of Trollope? I will be SO glad when this election is over.

Chapter 37 has a few missing words at 1:27--"than at the present moment".

Your trip through the countryside sounds lovely. My son and I also had a beautiful walk through the fall colors alongside the White River here last week.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

I have )after a lot of difficulty getting into the site) uploaded a corrected version.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_37_trollope_128kb.mp3

At least I spotted my omission in the next chapter before editing it - 4 pages skipped!

I found them on my desk after I had finished recording - the chapter made better sense after I added those! Now to edit!

Regards

Nick
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

At last I have been able to upload this Chapter!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_38_trollope_128kb.mp3
29:47.9

We are now in lockdown again - fortunately it only started again Thursday, so we were able to go down to Bewl Valley again, and take our boat out - hardly sailing since we had very little wind, but the sun was shining and we did get a few minutes of sufficient wind to move properly on the water.

Sadly we couldn't go to the pub with our friends, because at that point we had greater restrictions on us than they did.

I won't mention the elephant in the room - but we are praying for America.

Keep safe

Nick