COMPLETE [Solo] Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Sounded great as always. Marked PL OK.

Most of the politics in that one went right over my head. Miss Dunstable saved it from being too dry, though.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Happy Easter

He is risen!

Here is Chapter 24 - should be something of an antidote to the last chapter!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_24_trollope_128kb.mp3 38:05.2

I hope you enjoy listening to Miss Dunstable as much as I enjoyed reading her!
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

I certainly did enjoy her. Thanks! Marked PL OK.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi Arlene

Hope all is well with you

Sorry it has taken me so long to edit this chapter; I found myself doing a lot of clearing of old files and paperwork, and then having problems with the sety-up of my computer when we started using Zoom.

I hope I am now on top of that!

We are having wonderful weather - apart from the desperate need for rain! 2 days over the last 8 weeks! the garden is in sore need.

Anyway, here is chapter 25; I hope you enjoy

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_25_trollope_128kb.mp3 30:29.4

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

I think someone mis-directed your rain, and it ended up in my neighborhood. We had the most spectacular thunderstorm yesterday--rather unusual for us. We probably all appreciated the entertainment. It looks like our county will be remaining in Phase I for some time to come. The riots are not helping anyone's stress levels, and we are glad to be living a long way from downtown.

Enjoyed Chapter 25, as always. Marked PL OK.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is chapter 26

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_26_trollope_128kb.mp3 35:17.6

I would have posted this yesterday but there was a problem with the uploader. It seems to be sorted now, thank goodness.

Rain has returned to us now - for a little while. The garden and the water butts are feeling much better!

Nick
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi Arlene

Here is Chapter 27

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_27_trollope_128kb.mp3 26:57.4

I hope all continues well with you

We are still self-isolating; there are now mixed messages as the lockdown is eased, but there does not seem to be any real improvement in the risk!

The Uncle of a friend of our son's contracted Covid 19 and has just died; our son'e father-in-law had a triple by-pass operation and contracted Covid 19 but , to our great relief, is now recovering from both - albeit not quickly. It is a bit too close to home for comfort. So we stay at home, apart from an hour or so's exercise each morning, and sailing on a Wednesday (which we are now allowed to do, as we are a couple, as long as we stay 2m away from anyone else!

Enjoy and keep safe

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapters 26 and 27 are wonderful. Marked PL OK.

Everything is well with me and my immediate family. Some extended family members have gotten Covid-19. One was quite sick, but not sick enough to be hospitalized. All have recovered.

So glad you can get out to go sailing! I can now visit my parents each Sunday, and check on them. My father had a mild stroke in the middle of all of this, and it was very frustrating to have to leave him alone in the hospital. He is recovered now, and out puttering in his garden again every day. This is such a beautiful time of year.

We also have very mixed messages. The rules for religious gatherings are far more liberal than for anything else, but our denomination is being very cautious, taking Wesley's "Do no harm" rule as the first consideration. I don't expect to be back in our sanctuary until at least September.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 28

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_28_trollope_128kb.mp3 23:06.9

So sorry to hear about your father, but very glad he is recovering well. But so frustrating for you not to be able to see him in hospital!

Churches can only open for private prayer (under social distancing); our church is preparing to open for two hours each on two mornings a week - with three days in between to allow any virus to die naturally. I doubt there will be many takers - and they will have to obey a number of rules, including going in one at a time, with a volunteer present.

Zoom church is doing well, however, and on a Sunday morning a significant number of people join a Zoom get together, whereby we are randomly assigned a meeting room for about 15 minutes with 2 or 3 other church members, so we can catch up with each other - followed by a second random allocation. Virtual coffee! It is lovely to see people, even if it is not in the flesh.

Keep safe

Blessings

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 28 was almost like a reunion! Marked PL OK.

Zoom has certainly filled the gap in our church, as well. We have coffee hour on Sunday, and group studies on Wednesday. This week we had a "retirement parade" for our retiring pastor. The parade was headed by the fire department (she is a fire department chaplain), the boy scout color guard, and then all of our cars, decorated with signs and balloons, all honking and waving and yelling. It was a lot of fun. Not as much fun as a party, maybe, but we are more easily entertained these days.

I may have found another reader for LibriVox. He has recorded audiobooks professionally in the past, and is a voice actor. And bored. I hope this helps to fill his hours until he can again give museum tours--his usual volunteer pasttime.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is another Chapter with Miss Dunstable - I enjoyed recording and editing this one a lot

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_29_trollope_128kb.mp3 54:04.8

Does the fact that your pastor hass retired mean you go into an interregnum - or do you have a replacement already? In lockdown it must be difficult to find someone - and to keep things going without a pastor!

How did you come across your new reader? He sounds a wonderful find!

Hoping all continues to be well with you

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

This chapter was indeed a treat. Trollope at his best, and you at yours. Marked PL OK.

Our new pastor was assigned to us in March, which allowed the two pastors to work together for a smooth transition. That's so much more important this year, as it will be such a challenge for him to ensure continuity when we cannot all meet face-to-face.

The new reader (I hope he has taken some action on it) is the husband of a dear friend. He's always so busy with other volunteer work that he never considered it seriously before. But the current circumstances make different uses of time both more necessary and more possible.

Hope all continues well with your family and friends. The news from the UK sounds just like ours--gradually-increasing social contact more due to quarantine fatigue than to any lessening of consequences.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Just a short chapter this time, to move the plot on

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_30_trollope_128kb.mp3 14:43.5

There will be a little wait before the next chapter as we are off to see our boys tomorrow for a week. We have hired a self-catering cottage near Bolton in Greater Manchester for 3 nights, to see Richard, our youngest, and then another cottage for four nights between Loughborough and Northampton, about equidistant from John (our eldest) and Chris (who has the grand-daughter. We have not seen them since Christmas, so we are looking forward to it - even though we shall be seeing them all in their gardens or some out of door places! Still, we are now allowed to go inside if we need to, as long as we stay socially-distanced.

Keep safe

Blessings
Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 30 is marked PL OK.

Have a wonderful and safe trip!
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

We had a lovely time - it was so good to see our children after such a long time.

I hope all remains well with you and your family

Here is Chapter 31

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_31_trollope_128kb.mp3 45:35.1

Enjoy

Regards

Nick