COMPLETE: The Golden Bough:The Magic Art and Evolution of Kings Volume 1-leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
niobium

Post by niobium »

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/thegoldenboughpart1themagicartvolume1_06_frazer_128kb.mp3

section 6 with 1:10:15 recording time

I have a question about the outro; i can go back and redo them again, but i thought it was only necessary to have 'end of section...' ive used that method for a long time now
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Yes, the only mandatory thing at the end of the section is " End of Section (or Chapter) X". And then the 5 seconds of silence. Anything else is optional. :D
Leni
=================
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Leni wrote: August 6th, 2019, 7:16 am Yes, the only mandatory thing at the end of the section is " End of Section (or Chapter) X". And then the 5 seconds of silence. Anything else is optional. :D
I have a question about the length. I've never listened to a section this long before. Is there no longer a limit? :?:

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I listened to Section 06 and it sounded great, no repeats or other problems. I use a program called Checker to check tech requirements and I got a flag on the length because it is more than 1 hour. Also, the instructions say that there should be 5 seconds of silence at the end, but it doesn't say, "at least 5 sec." or "no more than 5 sec. " and this section has 10 seconds. So I PMed Leni to see if I can go ahead and PL this or ask for some time changes.

Good job, interesting stuff. :thumbs: :thumbs:

aniroo
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, people :D

Our rule of thumb is no more than 72 minutes, because that is the standard length of audio on a CD and yes, there are still people who use CDs, and we want to give people that option. So 1:10 is still ok. Longer than 72 minutes, we would have to cut it in half.

About the 5 seconds, it used to be 10 seconds for longer recordings, but that has been changed to 5 seconds for all recordings.
Leni
=================
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #06 PL NOtes

The final silence is is about 12 seconds. Please cut about 7 seconds off the final silence. It looks like you know how to generate silence, so just set it for 5 seconds and we'll be good to go. Be sure to note the new time when you resubmit.

Thanks, :D
aniroo
niobium

Post by niobium »

i just updated the first two entries and have and additional 2 submissions happening soon
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

niobium wrote: August 27th, 2019, 3:42 am i just updated the first two entries and have and additional 2 submissions happening soon
It really helps me if you would set those to "Ready for spot PL." It shows up on a chart I use and I would catch it faster than just posting that they've been fixed.

thanks,
aniroo :D
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 6 seems to be OK. I marked it OK in the MW, but Section 00 still doesn't have an outro " end of prologue or section 0 "

also the volume still is quite louder starting at 25:40.

Maybe you edited it and haven't loaded it in the MW yet?

Thanks,
aniroo
niobium

Post by niobium »

aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 00 Preface: Pl Notes.

You've used the shortened form of the intro which is OK for all the other sections, but not the first one. :D

START of recording (Intro):
"Chapter [number] of The Golden Bough: The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings, Volume I. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"The Golden Bough: The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings, Volume I, by James George Frazer. [Chapter]"
The outro is missing "End of section 0, Preface. :)

Well read, just technical issues. :thumbs:

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 1 PL Notes.

First of all, very well read, just some issues that shouldn't take long to remedy. :thumbs:

The first thing I noticed when opening the file was two long sections of silence. Then when listening I realized that pages of text were missing. Here's hoping you have them cached somewhere and just forgot to splice them in. Otherwise, just recording the missing pages will fix it. Excuse my spelling, please :?: The times are approximate, but you should be able to see them.

at 29:30-36:30 some minutes of silence. It ends at 29:30 with "Spring contains medicinal virtues" on page 19 and picks on at 36:17 with " Origin of the A???? Myths of Orestes and Hyplita" on p.24

at 41:14 It ends with "Orestes at Troegen" p. 26 and begins again at 48:14 with "Syrian Practice of sacrifice of chastity regarded as substitute for sacrifice of hair " p. 30

at 1:04:20 completely out of context " ? The male consort of Diana" just delete.

I hope I got the pages right. :D

Hard to believe that having sex with strangers was less repugnant than cutting your hair. :roll:

Thanks,
niobium

Post by niobium »

section 2 and section 8 are a pair of short ones ready for proof listening, totalling only 14 and 11 minutes each
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I see that you have listed section 0 , the prologue as Ready for PL. Did you edit it ? IF it's an edited section, it should be listed as REady for Spot PL so I can just check for edits and not have to listen to the entire section again.

Thanks,
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 00 PL Notes:

Chapter [number] of The Golden Bough: The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings, Volume I. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"The Golden Bough: The Magic Art and the Evolution of Kings, Volume I, by James George Frazer. [Chapter]"
The outro is missing "End of section 0, Preface

Section 2 PL OK :D

Section 8 PL NOtes

@24:-- 49.0 there is an extended silence. It should be cut.

You've introduced the section as Chapter 5 subsection 4 which should be about Magical Control of the wind. This appears to be a discussion of PRivate and Public magicians and I have no idea what chapter or subsection it is. I think if you make the intro match what it is that you are reading I will listen to PL it.

Thanks,
aniroo