[COMPLETE] Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Ok, turns out that long section was section 3 :D. Anyways, I got through it (with much pleasure). Here are my notes:
7:16 – associates, pronounced ‘ a-sso-shee-ates’ rather than ‘a-sso-shets’
13:34 – manifold, pronounced ‘man-ih-fold’ rather than ‘men-ee-fold’
13:43/13:48 – pronounced ‘ADjuncts;
41:05 – compass pronounced ‘cumpiss’

I am really enjoying this!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Campbell!
lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 24th, 2019, 2:19 pm I am really enjoying this!
Glad to hear that :9:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 24th, 2019, 2:19 pm Ok, turns out that long section was section 3 :D. Anyways, I got through it (with much pleasure). Here are my notes:
7:16 – associates, pronounced ‘ a-sso-shee-ates’ rather than ‘a-sso-shets’
13:34 – manifold, pronounced ‘man-ih-fold’ rather than ‘men-ee-fold’
13:43/13:48 – pronounced ‘ADjuncts;
41:05 – compass pronounced ‘cumpiss’

I am really enjoying this!
Uploaded for spot PL!

Patches @ 7:14-7:20, 13:33-13:49, 41:01-41:06
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 8:20 pm Here are my notes for section 5 :D :

9:02 – heard ‘progression’, text says ‘procession’
9:12 – had a hard time confirming pronunciation on this one, but where I am we pronounce admirant as ‘ADmirant’
9:15 – repeat of ‘minding the Koran’
16:53 – missing text ‘as high as I’

Uploaded for spot PL, patches @ 8:59-9:14 and 16:48-16:56.
The original recording has a bit of a different sound to it than my recordings usually have, and I'm not sure how to replicate that. If you think the patches are too obvious/sound odd, I'm happy to keep this as See PL notes until I stumble across similar recording conditions by chance. :lol:

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:34 pm Ok, got through section 14 (pleasantly, like normal :D). I think I was in a bit of a critical mood though, there seems to be a lot of pretty slight notes here :oops:. Again, take them or leave them, your choice :D

4:01 – raftsman – pronounced almost like ‘raftsmin’, the same way that ‘man’ is pronounced in ‘woman’. As a general rule, when the word ‘man’ is in an occupation, it will have that same ‘min’ sound
5:36 – heard ‘shouldens’, text says ‘shoulders’
6:53 – fireman – again, ‘in’ sound here
11:30 – orators – pronounced ‘oraturs’
14:02 – heard ‘responsibility’, text says ‘respectability’
15:42 – heard ‘interruptions’, text says ‘irruptions’
16:26, 16:40, 17:40 – headsman – again, ‘in’ sound here
Since there are other notes, I may as well mention that there is only about 4 seconds of silence at the end (I told you I was in a critical mood :twisted:)
Uploaded for spot PL with all these corrections! Timestamps updated in quote. :)

Readers needed:
lymiewithpurpose

All 3 are OK now! I am not going to PL any more today, as I am getting teeth pulled tomorrow. I will not be able to record for a few days, so I will need all the PLing I can get to keep me busy :lol:
Campbell
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 26th, 2019, 10:57 am All 3 are OK now! I am not going to PL any more today, as I am getting teeth pulled tomorrow. I will not be able to record for a few days, so I will need all the PLing I can get to keep me busy :lol:
Awww that sucks!
I actually did record another section today (so much for taking a break, I guess I lasted all of 2 days :lol: ) so I might go and edit that so you have another one to PL :mrgreen:

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Alright, you have another 23 minutes of keeping busy... Section 15 is up ;)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Section 33 is uploaded as well!

Readers needed:
lymiewithpurpose

I have notes for section 4! I am regretting procrastinating on my PLing, I am able to talk decently today and will be able to record tomorrow. Well, thanks for keeping me busy today :D

0:42, 1:47, 1:50 – encompass – pronounced ‘encumpiss’
11:04 – manifold – pronounced ‘manihfold’
Campbell
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 27th, 2019, 1:18 pm I have notes for section 4! I am regretting procrastinating on my PLing, I am able to talk decently today and will be able to record tomorrow. Well, thanks for keeping me busy today :D

0:42, 1:47, 1:50 – encompass – pronounced ‘encumpiss’
11:04 – manifold – pronounced ‘manihfold’
Thank you!
I guess I uploaded those together with the other section which had the same corrections... I came upon some "manifold"s today, and some other words as well, and thought to myself "Hey, I can pronounce those better now!"
Thank you both so much for all the helpful pronunciation tips. I notice pretty much daily that I use words that I had corrected by prooflisteners, I'm so grateful :9:

Edit: and I'm glad to hear your condition is good! Do take it easy though, your jaws probably could use some rest.
And once more: take your time. Recordings can get PLed at any point, I don't care when (as long as it's within the next 2 months and 4 days :lol: I'm still kind of on track for my target completion date! :D)

Readers needed:
lymiewithpurpose

Foon wrote: March 27th, 2019, 1:22 pm Thank you!
I guess I uploaded those together with the other section which had the same corrections... I came upon some "manifold"s today, and some other words as well, and thought to myself "Hey, I can pronounce those better now!"
Thank you both so much for all the helpful pronunciation tips. I notice pretty much daily that I use words that I had corrected by prooflisteners, I'm so grateful

Edit: and I'm glad to hear your condition is good! Do take it easy though, your jaws probably could use some rest.
And once more: take your time. Recordings can get PLed at any point, I don't care when (as long as it's within the next 2 months and 4 days I'm still kind of on track for my target completion date! )
Yep, I thought those corrections looked familiar, and once you get a note you always remember to apply it to future recordings. That's so great that you can use these notes in day to day life! This seems like it would be a great way to improve at a different language. I'm thinking about maybe trying a Spanish recording at some point - may need to work a little more on it though :lol:.

Thank you! I know I can wait, I just always look at the list of recordings/PLing I need to do and I don't like to see those section numbers waiting for me. Also, it feels good to be able to check them off :D
Campbell
Foon

Post by Foon »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 27th, 2019, 1:31 pm Thank you! I know I can wait, I just always look at the list of recordings/PLing I need to do and I don't like to see those section numbers waiting for me. Also, it feels good to be able to check them off :D
I'm afraid I've put another one of them numbers on that list :P Section 34 is up!

Readers needed:
lymiewithpurpose

Foon wrote: March 27th, 2019, 1:43 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 27th, 2019, 1:31 pm Thank you! I know I can wait, I just always look at the list of recordings/PLing I need to do and I don't like to see those section numbers waiting for me. Also, it feels good to be able to check them off :D
I'm afraid I've put another one of them numbers on that list :P Section 34 is up!
Well I just PLd section 8, so now we're even :lol:. Here are my notes!
20:26 – missing text “You Japanese man…”
22:40 – heard ‘companion’, text says ‘compassion’
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Section 33 is OK!
Campbell