All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/voices-of-the-night-and-other-poems-by-henry-wadsworth-longfellow/
Longfellow's first collection of early poems, published in 1895, with a short biography by the editor, a chronological list of his works, plus analysis and commentary on Longfellow's themes, style, and talent, by various authors. ( Michele Fry)
- Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/voicesofnightoth00long/
- Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): special, Please follow along with the text and note any significant discrepancies. Reader welcomes crits/comments.
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
- Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Wadsworth_Longfellow
- Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Voices_of_the_Night
- Number of sections (files) this project will have: 25
- Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
- Original publication date (if known): 1895
- If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author
Keywords that describe the book: to come later
[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
- "Section [number] of Voices Of The Night - And Other Poems, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Read by Michele Fry of Baton Rouge, Louisiana]"
"Section 1, Section Title]"
For the second and all subsequent sections, use this shortened Intro:
- "Section [number] of Voices Of The Night - And Other Poems by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, [Title of Poem]"
END of recording:
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Section #]" This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain." (optional) Read by Michele Fry, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, date.
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Voices Of The Night - And Other Poems, by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. "
There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
[*]Example filename voicesofthenight_##_longfellow_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. voicesofthenight_01_longfellow_128kb.mp3)
[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: Voices Of The Night - And Other Poems
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below, or PM:[/list]
Soloist: Michele Fry (msfry)
BC: Michele Fry (msfry)
DPL: Larry Wilson (silverquill))