[COMPLETE][Psychology]Nerves And Common Sense by Annie Payson Call - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

Kitty wrote: January 21st, 2020, 4:05 am

I only found a small pronunciation error, since you wanted me to point them out to you:

> at 15:18: "and to conquer their foes" - I hear "foys", but it's really only "fohs" - should rhyme with "rose"

The rest is perfect.

Thanks and good luck with the next one. You did not correct chapter 2 yet, right ?

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Thank you for helping me with Pronunciation. A much needed one. I fixed Chapter 4 for your review. Please Let me know how it sounds now.

Thanks,
Scientila
This username is also my Gmail address.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Scientila wrote: June 8th, 2020, 4:08 pmThank you for helping me with Pronunciation. A much needed one. I fixed Chapter 4 for your review. Please Let me know how it sounds now.
yes it's correct now and I can mark chapter 4 PL ok. :thumbs:

Could you just please leave my note in the MW until I have checked. I put the page marker in there so I find my original notes back, otherwise I have to rummage through the whole thread each time ;)

Thanks

Sonia
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

Sorry wasn’t aware of page marks. Will leave it as is from next time.

So I can post the link in comments I guess.

Thanks,
Scientila
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Scientila wrote: June 9th, 2020, 4:27 am So I can post the link in comments I guess.
what link ?

Sonia
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

The chapter link after the fixes are made.
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

Hi,

I have uploaded a new link in MW for Chapter 2 after the fixes were made. This audio runs for 19:36. Tried not to change in Notes column, I believe this is what you meant in the other email. Please let me know for any more corrections. Thanks for PLing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/nervesandcommonsense_02_call_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Scientila
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Scientila wrote: June 9th, 2020, 4:30 pmI have uploaded a new link in MW for Chapter 2 after the fixes were made. This audio runs for 19:36.
yay, thank you, this is PL ok now. You only changed this one sentence, correct ? "invalid" is now perfectly pronounced :thumbs:
Tried not to change in Notes column, I believe this is what you meant in the other email.

yes that's what I meant. Thank you. I will delete my note reference now, since it's not needed anymore.

Sonia
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

Hi,

Yes that sentence and the next sentence as that ends the paragraph and to have voice continuity.
Previous audio had 2 seconds at the beginning, so reduced that to be between 0.5 to 1 seconds as per your feedback.

But, thank you... until I read your feedback I dint know there are two pronunciations and meanings for “invalid”. Glad I’m learning as well.

Thanks,
Scientila
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Scientila wrote: June 10th, 2020, 5:00 amBut, thank you... until I read your feedback I dint know there are two pronunciations and meanings for “invalid”. Glad I’m learning as well.
we learn more every day. I also learnt so much here on LV. Words I thought I had pronounced right my whole life and all of a sudden I hear they were wrong :lol: I definitely improve with every recording.

Sonia
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

Hi Sonia,

Posted Chapter 5. Fingers Crossed.
Thanks for PLing.

-Scientila
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Scientila wrote: June 17th, 2020, 7:54 pmPosted Chapter 5. Fingers Crossed.
Thanks for PLing.
:clap: yay a new chapter, and quite interesting. Though I wonder why the author always refers to the trying member as "she" :| he showed that grandfathers can be just as trying as grandmothers.

An excellent chapter and totally PL ok right away. A really good job, Scientila. :thumbs: Thanks

and have a nice weekend. Looking forward to the next part.

Sonia
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

Agreed!

Yay! Awesome!

You have a good weekend too.

Thanks,
Scientila
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

Hi Sonia,

Posted Chapter 6. Would appreciate if you can PL it when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Scientila
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Scientila wrote: June 27th, 2020, 10:09 pmPosted Chapter 6. Would appreciate if you can PL it when you get a chance.
hey cool, another interesting chapter :thumbs: all PL ok straight away, no textual errors at all. Well done.

If I can just make a small comment on some plosive noises throughout the recording. This happens often when you have the microphone right in front of your mouth, so that you "blow air" into it. Then it makes such a rustling noise. It's recommendable to put the microphone more to the side of your head, so the air blows alongside it. That way you will tone down such noises.

Nothing to change here though, I just wanted to give it as suggestion for further sections :)

Thanks, and have a good start in the new week !

Sonia
Scientila

Post by Scientila »

Hi Sonia,

Thank you! Yes, Agreed. I recorded these last summer, now editing and posting them.

I was thinking about those unpleasant noises too. Thank you for suggesting. Will try it from chapter 10 as those will be new recording. From 7 if there is much noise will re-record those. Still learning😊

Thanks,
Scientila