[SOLO] Glimpses of Bengal by Rabindranath Tagore - dc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » January 21st, 2019, 11:17 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 9:42 pm
bhavya wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 9:19 pm
Introduction is ready for PL!
Great! I wanted to get this first one done before I leave, and am glad to report it as PL OK!
Really looking forward to listening to you read this book. :thumbs:
Great! Thank you!
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » January 27th, 2019, 3:23 am

From section 2 onwards, shall I read the disclaimer as "section number" instead of "chapter"? Because there are no real chapters in the book.
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19353
Joined: December 17th, 2011, 3:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by craigdav1 » January 27th, 2019, 7:36 am

Yes. As you say, there are no chapter numbers.

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » February 3rd, 2019, 2:12 am

Sections 3,4 and 5 are ready for PL!
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

silverquill
Posts: 8357
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 4th, 2019, 10:38 pm

PL NOTES:

Sorry to be behind, but I'm back from my travels.

First, I think you need to add the Section Number to your outro. This will help keep the reader oriented to where they are in the book. For the Introduction, just say, "End of Introduction." For the others, "End of Section 2" etc.

The volume on these last section is high. 3 is 91.7 dB -- just in range, but 4 and 5 are 92.2 db - just above the range. Your Introduction is closer to the target of 89 dB, at 89.4 dB. Since this is a solo, it would be better to keep them close to the same level for volume.

These three section also seem to have a lot of background noise, mostly a squealing noise of some kind. This can't be edited out, but I thought I'd mention it. I think so general noise reduction might help the all.

So, here are my additional notes:

Section 3
Ending silence is only 4 seconds; should be closer to 5

Section 4
0:54 gap in phrase “so in the [gap] I-know-not-what mood” that is jarring to the ear.
1:53-57 loud background noise (just mentioning)
Only three seconds of silence; should be closer to five seconds.

So, just a few things to take care of, then I think you're off to a good start.

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » February 5th, 2019, 1:27 am

silverquill wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 10:38 pm
PL NOTES:

Sorry to be behind, but I'm back from my travels.

First, I think you need to add the Section Number to your outro. This will help keep the reader oriented to where they are in the book. For the Introduction, just say, "End of Introduction." For the others, "End of Section 2" etc.

The volume on these last section is high. 3 is 91.7 dB -- just in range, but 4 and 5 are 92.2 db - just above the range. Your Introduction is closer to the target of 89 dB, at 89.4 dB. Since this is a solo, it would be better to keep them close to the same level for volume.

These three section also seem to have a lot of background noise, mostly a squealing noise of some kind. This can't be edited out, but I thought I'd mention it. I think so general noise reduction might help the all.

So, here are my additional notes:

Section 3
Ending silence is only 4 seconds; should be closer to 5

Section 4
0:54 gap in phrase “so in the [gap] I-know-not-what mood” that is jarring to the ear.
1:53-57 loud background noise (just mentioning)
Only three seconds of silence; should be closer to five seconds.

So, just a few things to take care of, then I think you're off to a good start.

Thank you, I will correct them and upload soon.
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » February 5th, 2019, 9:40 am

3,4 and 5 re ready for PL!
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

silverquill
Posts: 8357
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 5th, 2019, 10:02 am

Thanks.

All are better on volume. :thumbs:

Section 4 still doesn't have the section number, and Section 1, which I mentioned but forgot to mark, needs the outro, "End of Preface."

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » February 5th, 2019, 10:06 am

silverquill wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 10:02 am
Thanks.

All are better on volume. :thumbs:

Section 4 still doesn't have the section number, and Section 1, which I mentioned but forgot to mark, needs the outro, "End of Preface."
Thank you, I will correct them and upload tomorrow.
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » February 6th, 2019, 10:12 am

Hello!

Section 4 and 1 are ready for spot PL. Also, I have a question: there are a couple of footnotes in the next section. How should I read them? Do I add it in , in the middle of the letter or read it after the letter?
Last edited by bhavya on February 6th, 2019, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19353
Joined: December 17th, 2011, 3:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by craigdav1 » February 6th, 2019, 10:18 am

It's your decision but it usually makes sense to include them in the text rather than at the end of the section.

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » February 6th, 2019, 10:30 am

craigdav1 wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 10:18 am
It's your decision but it usually makes sense to include them in the text rather than at the end of the section.
All right...thank you. :)
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » February 10th, 2019, 7:26 am

Sections 2,6,7 and 8 are ready for PL!
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

bhavya
Posts: 491
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: India

Post by bhavya » February 12th, 2019, 8:16 am

Sections 10,11 and 12 are ready for PL.
Readers wanted for Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's !

DPL needed for The Cave Twins by Lucy Fitch Perkins

silverquill
Posts: 8357
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 12th, 2019, 8:26 am

I'll get caught up on these real soon.
Getting ready for another major snow storm.

Post Reply