[SOLO] Maybe--Tomorrow by Jay Little - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

xios01 wrote: January 20th, 2019, 5:02 pm
ChuckW wrote: January 20th, 2019, 4:18 pm Chapter 7 is PL OK. How are you not making any mistakes?
Well, honestly, I doubt I'm %100... I tend to swap/stumble minor things like articles such as A's and The's (However, I pay very close attention to and correct anything that MAY cause a context change to the story)...
But I do have a process... I'm trying to read an entire paragraphs for each take as a whole. when doing preliminary proof listens in between takes, I always include some of the audio from the previous take, make sure I didn't skip something... check each word, and redo the take if there's a mistake (sometimes a snippy little edit)... last, I proof listen the entire thing once I've completed the chapters... (for example, when I discovered on chapter 5 that I skipped 2 whole paragraphs... Ooops... lol)

Not to mention, as this author has this contemporary, flowery, romance-ish, stream of consciousness writing style (combined with lots kinds of existential verbiage, and apparently a significant hatred of question marks with sentences that are obviously interrogative )...
I sometimes have to read/rehearse a paragraph, maybe, 15-20 times before I get it accurate and sounding correct (I hope).
Haha! Well, it sounds like your method is working wonderfully so far -- and since this isn't a word perfect PL, I wouldn't worry too much about the minor article slippages. And you've managed to make the prose flow very nicely, so kudos! :-)

Chapter 8 is PL OK.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Chapter 9 is PL OK.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
xios01

Post by xios01 »

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Whoa, Rogers! Not cool! :shock:

Chapter 10 is PL OK.
PROJECTS
xios01

Post by xios01 »

ChuckW wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 2:40 pm Whoa, Rogers! Not cool! :shock:

Chapter 10 is PL OK.
yeah, I know, I hated even reading that part... and I know that the author throws that derogatory again (at least)... i’ll give you some ample warning next time...

the author is so sensative to lgbt issues, yet throws racial concerns (and womens issues) under the bus...
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

xios01 wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:02 pm
ChuckW wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 2:40 pm Whoa, Rogers! Not cool! :shock:

Chapter 10 is PL OK.
yeah, I know, I hated even reading that part... and I know that the author throws that derogatory again (at least)... i’ll give you some ample warning next time...

the author is so sensative to lgbt issues, yet throws racial concerns (and womens issues) under the bus...
Yeah, I kinda picked up on some of the subtler strains of sexism and misogyny that runs throughout this book, although I suppose some of that could be chalked up to when it was published (and the rest could be interpreted as a character flaw in Gaylord). But that racial epithet truly came out of nowhere. I literally shouted at my computer when I heard it... and am sorry you had to read it. I know from personal experience that it's never fun having some of that stuff sneak up on you (especially when you start reading a book without prior knowledge of its... uh... more outdated elements). No need for the warning though. I should be better prepared for it next time. :-)

And all in all, your recordings are still top-notch and largely error-free! Chapter 11 is also PL OK!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Well, I certainly wasn’t expecting that!

Chapter 12 is PL OK.
PROJECTS
xios01

Post by xios01 »

Woo-hoo... Halfway mark passed...

Chapter 15 posted...

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/maybetomorrow_15_little_128kb.mp3 17m:18s

now, lets hope I can get through Chapters 16 and 17... Long and Lots of Dialogue...
xios01

Post by xios01 »

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Haha! I'm never gonna catch up. :lol:

Chapter 13 is PL OK.
PROJECTS
xios01

Post by xios01 »

Chapter 17 Posted*

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/maybetomorrow_17_little_128kb.mp3 36m:1s

* Remember when I said I would warn you... warning!...
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Chapters 14 and 15 are PL OK.

Can't wait to hear more about Gaylord's NOLA adventures!
PROJECTS
xios01

Post by xios01 »

xios01

Post by xios01 »

ChuckW wrote: January 28th, 2019, 7:00 pm Chapters 14 and 15 are PL OK.

Can't wait to hear more about Gaylord's NOLA adventures!
please... Be easy on me!... 16 and 17 are 2 of the longest chapters ...
both contained intense amounts of dialogue between about 15+ characters (especially Ch. 17)...
and a good chunk of them were drag queens...
In NOLA...
in the 1950's...

Can you say "Mary!"? (Well... I can, I said it enough in that dialogue... )
xios01

Post by xios01 »