COMPLETE: William Again by Richmal Crompton - choc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

You're all set! I removed the Amazon link from the top post. If somebody (*cough*) uploads a scan of the book to Archive by the time you finish, we'll use that as the text link; otherwise we'll just leave the text link blank.

Campbell, thanks for volunteering as DPL! I've given you access to the MW and will PM the workflow instructions to you in case you haven't seen them yet. Let us know if you have any questions!
Laurie Anne
david wales

Post by david wales »

Hi Laurie Ann, Thanks so much. Will get started in the next few days. I can hardly wait. I laughed all the way through the last William book I recorded.
Peace, David
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

chocoholic wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 7:53 pm You're all set! I removed the Amazon link from the top post. If somebody (*cough*) uploads a scan of the book to Archive by the time you finish, we'll use that as the text link; otherwise we'll just leave the text link blank.

Campbell, thanks for volunteering as DPL! I've given you access to the MW and will PM the workflow instructions to you in case you haven't seen them yet. Let us know if you have any questions!
Great thanks! Just got the PM! I'll read the instructions!

Thanks,
Campbell
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

chocoholic wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 7:53 pm You're all set! I removed the Amazon link from the top post. If somebody (*cough*) uploads a scan of the book to Archive by the time you finish, we'll use that as the text link; otherwise we'll just leave the text link blank.

How about a Gutenbeg link - http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17125
david wales

Post by david wales »

LA, Just a question. Campbell won't have the physical book to dpl. So he will be listening for glitches but not fidelity to the text??
Peace, David
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

dlolso21 wrote: January 22nd, 2019, 8:00 pm How about a Gutenbeg link - http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17125
I think that's a different book, but it is very possible that Gutenberg will get a copy of this one too; we should watch for it. Thanks!
Laurie Anne
david wales

Post by david wales »

The gutenberg link referenced is to another William book, not this new one, William Again.
Peace, David
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Yes, you're right about the PL'ing -- he won't be able to read along with the text, but that's fine for standard PL'ing.
Laurie Anne
david wales

Post by david wales »

zip file with pics of title page info for Crompton William Again

https://librivox.org/uploads/chocoholic/Richmal_Crompton_William_Again.zip
Peace, David
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Thanks!
Laurie Anne
david wales

Post by david wales »

Hi Laurie Anne, Just finished putting in the chapter titles and I noticed that you put in 00 for a preface or intro. But there is not such a thing in this book. Sorry, I must have filled out the form wrongly. Is it horrible to remove the 00? (If it is difficult, I was thinking I could put the frontispiece dialogue in 00):

"Good morning, little boy," said the visitor.
"Umph!" replied William.
"What's your name, dear?" she asked.
"Peter," said William.
Peace, David
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Done! The software automatically adds a section 00 when you check "yes" to the question about whether there's an introduction. No trouble at all to get rid of it!
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Moved to Solos.
Laurie Anne
david wales

Post by david wales »

Peace, David
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I am already hooked. Such a great story, and your energy and personality make it super engaging and fun to listen to! I just have a few PL notes:

First of all I want to point out that I do not have the book, so I am just going off of what I heard. If I mention repeats they may be in the text, but I have little way of knowing so I am mentioning them just in case. I am mentioning a bit of banging or rustling in some places. They do not necessarily need to be rerecorded/removed as they are not too distracting, but I thought I'd mention them just for your awareness for future recordings, also some of them seem like they would be really easy to remove and would improve the quality just a little bit. Sorry for the length, here goes:

0:13 banging
0:26 banging
1:44 banging
2:27 heard "what wrote that read"
10:17 “can’t” seems to be cut off (missing the ‘c’ sound)
12:27 rustling
16:06 rustling
19:48 rustling
20:46 heard "people's what and what can"
21:01 "oh mercy spare me...." repeated
24:56 rustling
25:24 plot jump, maybe missing text?

Sorry if I seemed nit picky, just pointing out the things that stood out to me. Really enjoyed it though, and can't wait to hear the next chapter!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them