COMPLETE [SOLO, RUSSIAN] Vladislav Khodasevich, Poetry and Translations-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Владислав Ходасевич (1886 - 1839), Стихи и Переводы .

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/poetry-by-vladislav-khodasevich/

Владислав Ходасевич (1886 - 1939) — русский поэт, критик, мемуарист и историк литературы, пушкинист.
Отец поэта был из польских дворян, мать из крещеной еврейской семьи. Отсюда его интерес как к русской, так и к еврейской литературе. Эта аудиокнига представляет как оригинальные стихи Ходасевича (книга стихов 1920—1922 гг. "Тяжелая лира"), так и переводы с иврита.
Vladislav Khodasevich (1886 - 1939) was a Russian poet and literary critic. His father was a Polish nobleman, and his mother was of Jewish descent whose family had converted to Christianity and gave her a Catholic upbringing. This audiobook presents both Khodasevich's original poetry (A Hefty Lyre collection) and translations from Hebrew poets.
(Mark Chulsky)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://imwerden.de/publ-4763.html https://imwerden.de/publ-2481.html
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ==
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Первая секция стихов и переводов Владислава Ходасевича. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Владислав Ходасевич, Тяжелая лира, cтихи. секция 1-я"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "#-я секция стихов и переводов Владислава Ходасевича. Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс является общественным достоянием."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Say:
      "Тяжелая лира, #-я секция" or
      "Переводы, #-я секция [автор]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец # секции"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец сборника стихов и переводов Владислава Ходасевича. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename poetry_##_khodasevich_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)[/b]
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

6. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by chulsky on January 27th, 2019, 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mark,

I'd be happy to MC this for you.

I don't read Russian, so can you explain the two texts you plan to read from? How are they related to each other? (That helps me label them correctly on the catalog page.)

Thanks.
MaryAnn
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 1st, 2019, 9:41 pm ... can you explain the two texts you plan to read from? How are they related to each other? (That helps me label them correctly on the catalog page.)
Thank you, MaryAnn, and Happy New Year!
These are two books by the same author, one is his own poetry, the other is translations. I just thought it would be more expedient and less work for everyone than doing two very short books, I did it before, and Ava did not mind:
https://librivox.org/poetry-by-nikolay-gumilyov/

However if you don't think it is a good idea, I'd be happy to separate them, no problem :-)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Hey Mark,
Thanks for the explanation. Seems fine to me as well.
MaryAnn
gingema

Post by gingema »

I will do PL for Бялик и Черниховский.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Gingema! I will PM you when we get there.
MaryAnn, Gingema is volunteering for sec.5, 7, and 8... I don't know if that entitles her for the MW access :hmm:
Last edited by chulsky on January 12th, 2019, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

No problem! Gingema, I've added you to the MW.
MaryAnn
marinal88

Post by marinal88 »

Re: project " Владислав Ходасевич, Стихи и Переводы by Владислав Ходасевич (1886 - 1839)" by Mark Chulsky.
Dear Book Coordinator, I have done PL for earlier Mark's projects and available now to help with Khodasevich book - "Владислав Ходасевич, Стихи и Переводы by Владислав Ходасевич (1886 - 1839)".
Please include my name as PL. Thanks,
`Marina
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Marina!
Gingema have volunteered for a part of the book (viewtopic.php?p=1540259#p1540259), we will work together! :9:
marinal88

Post by marinal88 »

PL completed for Vlad. Khodasevich, parts 1,2 and 3.
Part 2, at 0:37 - соседский vs. соседний.
The rest is fine. :clap:
`Marina
gingema

Post by gingema »

Bialik - PL OK