[COMPLETE][SOLO]The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shalott

Post by Shalott »

Hey,

Sorry for the long time between responses. I get working on the corrections, and I don't need the french pronunciation. I should be fine

Eva
Shalott

Post by Shalott »

Hello,

Here is the updated chapter 1,

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/kinginyellow_01_chambers_128kb.mp3
Length 23:41

Chapter two and three are in works, I've just been sick recently :|
Eva
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Take your time eva :thumbs:
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Eva :)

I just wanted to mention that from now on I'll take this project in charge as MC for Carolin. I see you are still in need of a DPL and since I was always curious about this book, I'll put myself up for that job as well.

I will make some changes to the first post and please remember that from now on you'll upload all new files to my folder "Kitty", so we keep the project in one folder. No need to reupload the first chapter, I can move that file to my folder.

Looking forward to working with you.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

All right, I had a listen through the entire section 1, because I wanted to know the book from the start. It's already a very good opening chapter, already I get a creepy Lovecraftian feeling in all this. I am surely going to like this book. 8-)

One question: I see there is a dedicatory poem before the text. Why did you not want to include that one ? Since the author originally had a reason for including it, it might be nice to have the book complete. :hmm: We could insert it as Section 0 if you still wish to do it.

> at 0:25-0:33: for the French motto, some pronunciation is off there, so it’s hard to understand. Would you like me to do you a soundfile so that you can try to emulate the accent ? That way you hear how it should sound. I speak French and it would be no trouble for me. :)

Apart from that, the story itself is excellent. A good start. Looking forward to the next sections.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Just for info: the file transfer into my folder (Kitty) is now complete and the file in the MW has been correctly renamed.

Sonia
Shalott

Post by Shalott »

Hey Sonia,

Sorry for take so much time to respond. I would love it if you would do a sound bite for me. I was basing it off the previous version (and my very long ago french). I don't mind putting in the dedication poem, but I found it awkward for placing. I like the idea of doing a separate section for it, but I'm pretty easy either way.

Thanks,
Eva
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Shalott wrote: March 25th, 2019, 10:51 amI would love it if you would do a sound bite for me. I was basing it off the previous version (and my very long ago french).
here is the soundfile. I first read every word very slowly, and then the part of the sentence more fluently. At the end, the three parts together, like they would sound fluently.

I hope it helps :) https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/kinginyellow_french.mp3
I don't mind putting in the dedication poem, but I found it awkward for placing. I like the idea of doing a separate section for it, but I'm pretty easy either way.
I organized you a section 0. ;) So I would say you start by saying the into disclaimer "Section 0 of the The King in Yellow... etc", then as section title: "The King in yellow is dedicated to my brother" and then you start with the poem.

Then for the first chapter you could already use the shortened intro disclaimer, as it's not the first section anymore.

Looking forward to the next parts :)

Sonia
Shalott

Post by Shalott »

Hey,

Got the dedication poem finished

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/kinginyellow_00_chambers_128kb.mp3

Length 1:19,

I have the second section done, but I still need to edit it. I'm hoping to have it up later today or tomorrow and then I'll go back to section one and do those changes

Eva
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Shalott wrote: March 26th, 2019, 10:28 am Got the dedication poem finished
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/kinginyellow_00_chambers_128kb.mp3
super, Eva, a great mystical start into the collection. :thumbs: Poem is PL ok.

Sonia
Shalott

Post by Shalott »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

an excellent chapter again, Eva. I really start to like the mysterious vibe of this whole plot.

What I find so revealing and amusing is that the narrator always insists that he is "just as sane as Mr Wilde" :lol: considering all the others think that Wilde is indeed insane, this doesn't bode well for the narrator's sanity. ;)

I found two small things to correct this time:

> at 4:16: “Reputation damaged at Dieppe, France.” – you forgot to say “reputation”, which is quite a crucial word in this ledger though

> at 29:26: “End of Section 2” – you say “section 3” ;)

thanks ! and have a nice weekend

Sonia
Shalott

Post by Shalott »

Hey,

I fixed up section two, if you want to take another listen. I'm working on the french part of section one as well, and should have it up in couple of hours at the latest. The soundbite really helps! Thanks! :D Have a good day!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/kinginyellow_02_chambers_128kb.mp3
Length 29:34

Eva
Shalott

Post by Shalott »

So I got the first section finished sooner than I thought... I'm still not very confident in the french bit, but if you have any specific tips off of this one, I would appreciate it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/kinginyellow_01_chambers_128kb.mp3
Length 23:36

Eva
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Eva, will try to PL today or tomorrow at the latest. Just to make sure, it's only a Spot PL required, right ? You did not re-record it all ? If so you need to put the status to Ready to SPOT PL ;)

thanks for letting me know

Sonia