[COMPLETE] Wilk, psy i ludzie by Adolf Dygasiński - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Wilk, psy i ludzie by Adolf Dygasiński (1839 - 1902).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/wilk-psy-i-ludzie-by-adolf-dygasinski/
Narrator, prywaty nauczyciel z Małowieży, przygarnia wilcze szczenię, potomka rzekomego wilkołaka, starając się go wychować w towarzystwie swoich psów. Takim obrotem sprawy jednak nie są zachwyceni miejscowi, a i w samym wychowanku wkrótce zaczyna brać górę natura przodków. (Piotr Nater)
Jako malarz zwierząt zajmuje Adolf Dygasiński w naszej beletrystyce współczesnej miejsce naczelne. Nikt mu dotąd w tym kierunku nie dorównał. (z przedmowy)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://polona.pl/item/wilk-psy-i-ludzie-w-puszczy,Mjg0MDY4MTA/14/#info:metadata
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Wilk, psy i ludzie. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Wilk, psy i ludzie, by Adolf Dygasiński. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Wilk, psy i ludzie by Adolf Dygasiński. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Wilk, psy i ludzie, by Adolf Dygasiński. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename wilkpsyiludzie_##_dygasinski_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. wilkpsyiludzie_01_dygasinski_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Piotrek81 on December 24th, 2018, 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Here comes a short nature-themed solo.

Just one question. The full title of the text I'm reading from is "Wilk, psy i ludzie. W puszczy", "W puszczy" being the other of 2 stories contained in the tome. This solo will focus just on the first story, i.e "Wilk, psy i ludzie". What title should I use for the project?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

I'll be happy to PL the project!
-nina-
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Thanks, Nina :)
I have 3 sections so far, recorded and roughly edited.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think I agree with you. If the title of the volume you are working form includes the titles of two separate stories, and you're only doing one story, it makes sense to title the project using the story title.

It's like choosing one play out of "Mr. Playwright's Greatest Plays" - the title of the project would be the play title, not the title of the compilation.

I'll MC. Be back in a bit with the MW. In the meantime, feel free to start uploading to my folder.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I uploaded sections 1-3
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moved to Going Solo. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Sections 1 and 2 PL OK.
In Section 3, at 5:13 in "nalog i wspolna dola" word "nalog" is repeated (marked for deletion). The rest is OK
-nina-
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Re-uploaded. New runtime is 24:23
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 5 has been uploaded. Section 4 has already been recorded but it'll take some time to edit so if you want to hear the story in the right order, Nina, you may want to wait a bit more.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 4 has been uploaded.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The last section has been uploaded.
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81 wrote: December 5th, 2018, 12:52 pm Re-uploaded. New runtime is 24:23
Now PL OK. Will listen to the rest later today or tomorrow!
-nina-
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

There's a small correction in the last segment:
6:23 reads "urwiplociem", the source is "urwipolciem".
All the other segments are PL OK
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Re-uploaded. I think I've always thought "urwipłoć" is the right word :D You live and learn, including your own native language.