[COMPLETE]SOLO Stories of the Scottish Border by Mr and Mrs William Platt - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: October 21st, 2018, 1:17 am Thanks for the link to Replay Gain. I have tried to access it, but my computer tells me that it can't open the file. When I go onto the internet, what opens is https://www.file-extensions.org/filetype/extension/name/digital-camera-raw-files. I can't actually find the file you mention. The page is full of download buttons that are adverts.
:shock: how did you get to this site ? Usually we never had a problem with this link before. :hmm:

What computer do you have, is it running on Windows ? If you right-click the link I sent you, it should tell you "do you want to open or save replaygain.ny (2.41 kb) from forum.audacityteam.org?" Is that not what is happening ?

Sonia
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Apologies for the delay in pling, I have had some 11-13 hour work days and am finally getting back to a normal schedule. should be able to pl tomorrow!
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Heh, ho. When I right click the link, I am asked if I want to save the link, or copy it. There is no mention of 'run'. I'm using Windows 7, and my computer doesn't recognise the type of file. When I look for it on the internet, I get embroiled in all sorts of gubbins.
Maybe I just put a jinx on technology.
J
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Aside from the pl notes of the previous page, it is ok, so just add 5 seconds of silence to the end, change the introduction from “introduction of” to “section 1 of” and de amplify by -2 and changing the authors names if you choose to as you discussed before.

Do you know how to fill out the MW? if you do not know how just let us know and someone will explain it. I will put section 1 in so you can see. if it is your first time logging into the MW you will have to reset your password I believe. :D

I will pl section 2 tomorrow, but the url is incorrect, it should be as shown below, essentially the same as section 1 except with a 2 instead of a 1 in the url.
storiesofthescottishborder_02_platt_128kb
You are doing a great job! I think chapter 1 had a great sound and I would not change anything else about it! :thumbs:
~Tiffany
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 11:51 amHeh, ho. When I right click the link, I am asked if I want to save the link, or copy it. There is no mention of 'run'. I'm using Windows 7, and my computer doesn't recognise the type of file.
no need to "run" it. Click on "save as" and first save it in a folder. It will "run" later on in Audacity.

I gave you all the step-by-steps in my previous post, here a reminder:
Replay Gain plugin for Audacity: - http://forum.audacityteam.org/download/file.php?id=4668

1. Save the file to your computer - your desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it.
2. Now browse to the folder in which Audacity is installed. It's probably in C:\Program Files\Audacity) and then open the Plug-Ins folder.
3. Drag the file you saved into the Plug-Ins folder.
4. When next you start up Audacity, you will be able to select the whole recording (Ctrl+A on Windows), then go to Analyze | ReplayGain, and it'll tell you how much to amplify your file to get to about 89 dB.
it should run on Windows. If it still doesn't, then there is always Checker to tell you the volume. It's not as handy as ReplayGain, but it will do the job too ;)

Sonia
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Section 2 just has a few little things, in the intro you need to change it to 'section 2' instead of 'section 1' and the end should be 'end of section 2, introduction of Stories of the Scottish Border...' and as mentioned above the url needs to get changed
aside from that it sounds great!
~Tiffany
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

storiesofthescottishborder_02_platt_128kb

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: October 25th, 2018, 11:28 am storiesofthescottishborder_02_platt_128kb

have you reuploaded this to the wrong folder maybe ? I do not see it in my folder. You always need to copy the entire link the uploader gives you.
Should look like this: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/storiesofthescottishborder_01_platt_128kb.mp3

this is the only file I have right now. It seems you uploaded it once again today. Did you maybe name your section 2 also with the number 1 ? In that case the old file is unfortunately replaced by the new one, which in this case would be Chapter 2.

We need to check this ! But I'm waiting for your confirmation.

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

storiesofthescottishborder_03_platt_128kb.mp3

5mins 57secs
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes thanks, that's the correct link for Section 3 now. :thumbs:

Do you manage to get into the Magic Window to update the sections with the links yourself ? You should be able to log in as BC.

Sonia
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Looks as though I have lost Section 2.

Will do it again.

J
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jhiu wrote: October 25th, 2018, 1:09 pm Looks as though I have lost Section 2.
Will do it again.
aww I'm sorry to hear that :( Didn't you save the file on your computer somewhere ? I have a special folder for each of my projects and always save the respective recordings in those folders. That way they are easily found back if needed.

no wait !!! I think I found section 2 back. It's this one, isn't it ?
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/Platt_History_of_the_Border.mp3
I put it back in the MW, so it won't get lost again.

Tiffany already gave you PL notes on this section. viewtopic.php?p=1517744#p1517744
If you correct those, you only have to re-name the file, reupload and then we're all set. Nothing is lost, no need to redo anything. :)

Please ask if there are any problems. We'll sort it out, don't worry.

And I see you managed to get into the MW :9: Only one more thing, once you copy the link there, please also change the status to Ready for PL (in the last column). Then the DPL will see that on her list.

Sonia
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

If you for some reason you lose a file again on this project I will probably have it. I always download chapters I pl. :D
~Tiffany