Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 29 through 33 are PL OK. :)
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Thanks, Patty Marie!

I've uploaded some new sections (up through 40) and will do that section intro edit soon :)

Best,
John
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

34 - 40 PL OK. :)

Now we're getting into the chilling plot developments with character as evil as Milady without even her beauteous exterior appearance.
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Oh yeah, finally Mourdant shows up to speed this story along! ;)

I've completed a bunch more sections (up to 51). Also, somehow I screwed up the order of the files in the MW last time... so the mis-spoken chapter number is in 29 (previously chapter 27 was marked due to my errors).

Can't wait to catch up to Athos and Aramis in England!!
Hope all's well,
-John
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Yes, the build up of this story is a bit slow which is why, I guess, it isn't the subject of movies as are The Three Musketeers and The Man In the Iron Mask, but once it gets to England it's one of my favorites, along with D'Artagan's caper with General Monk at New Castle in a later volume. These are going to be a nice distraction from some drama goimg on in my life this week, but everything important is well.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 41 through 46 are PL OK. I'll have the pleasure of getting to the remaining ones soon.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 47 through 51 are PL OK.
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Hi Patty Marie - I've finished more recording drafts :) Sorry for the delay and hope these drafts will still provide some respite from the drama! I've left off at a suspenseful spot, though - D'Artagnan and friends on a boat with Mourdant hidden away..... :shock:

I also love the interaction between D'Artagnan and General Monk in the next volume!!

Best wishes and hope that all of importance is truly well,
John
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I've downloaded and listened to all the new files, John, and they're all PL OK, unless you want to correct the pronunciation of Greenwich the few times it appears https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/greenwich-mean-time . I'll get back during the week to mark them in the magic window and give the locations of Greenwich if you want to adjust them.

Yes, you left off at a suspenseful moment. I'm rather glad I know what's coming.

The drama is at a lull right now. I had to file a suit because the manager of the building my apartment is in claims that the former owner of my apartment remodeled the living room and balcony area illegally, so I have to restore it to the original condition. He threatened me--for the third and "last" time--with legal action to force me if I don't do it voluntarily; so I've filed a discovery suit to find out if the remodeling really is illegal and whether something he did in the common area last fall, that looks suspicious, is perhaps illegal. My lawyer has done all the preliminaries for discovery, so we're waiting for documents and for the other side to be notified. If the man is true to form, there'll be an angry explosion of deprecation and insults when he receives notice. I'm keeping calm and Librivoxing. :wink:
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Thanks Patty Marie! I'm also glad you knew what was coming - thus, I didn't leave you too much in suspense :wink: I'll go ahead and correct the Greenwich mispronunciations if you give me the times of each error.
pattymarie wrote: February 24th, 2019, 10:44 am unless you want to correct the pronunciation of Greenwich the few times it appears https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/greenwich-mean-time . I'll get back during the week to mark them in the magic window and give the locations of Greenwich if you want to adjust them.
Guess what??? I finished draft recordings for ALL the remaining chapters! Onto Volume III!! :clap:

Sorry to hear about all the apartment drama... landlords and other tenants and, well, generally other people I guess, can get pretty insane when it comes to property and money and such. Sounds like you're on the best track forward - Sending my best wishes your way :D

All the best,
John
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Wow! I've got them all except section 77 that gets a 404 "not found" message. You'll need to re-upload that, I think. Put me in as dpl on volume 3.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 71 through 76 are PL OK; 78 through 88 are PL OK.

Section 89: purely optional, at 1:13-14 "contended" sounds like "contented."

Section 90 is PL OK.

Section 77 is still missing.

I'll get back later to mark these in the MW and find the locations of "Greenwich."
Pattymarie
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

pattymarie wrote: March 6th, 2019, 2:10 am Sections 71 through 76 are PL OK; 78 through 88 are PL OK.

Section 89: purely optional, at 1:13-14 "contended" sounds like "contented."

Section 90 is PL OK.

Section 77 is still missing.

I'll get back later to mark these in the MW and find the locations of "Greenwich."
77 is not on the server.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

O.K. here are the locations for "Greenwich:"

Section 64 at 14:36

Section 65 at 3:40 (here your read it as "Greenich" which isn't too far off.

Section 68 at 6:36

Interestingly, there are six other occurrences of the name in all of which you pronounced it correctly. :D

Now to start marking all of these in the MW. A notification just popped up. With luck that will be a new file from another project to listen to while while I'm doing that secretarial business.

Edit: It was a perfect five-minute file that carried on till I got to section 89. :D
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Hi Patty Marie - thanks for proofing all those chapters! And, whoops, sorry for missing Chapter 77 :? Well, the revised chapters (including the mispronunciation of "contended" in 89) and Chapter 77 are all uploaded and ready for you :)

I've also posted the next volume in the "New Projects Launchpad" - so please join there :)

@Lynne - I added your "-lt" to the project as well.

All the best!
John