[COMPLETE] Rough and Ready by Horatio Alger Jr. - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

Rough and Ready OR Life Among the New York Newsboys by Horatio Alger, Jr. (1832 - 1899).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/rough-and-ready-or-life-among-the-new-york-newsboys-by-horatio-alger-jr/
Join Rough and Ready for his adventure on the streets of New York City. Working as a newsboy, Rough and Ready tries to support himself and his sister on his meager earnings. Unfortunately, their stepfather is seeking to kidnap little Rose, getting an education is hard work, swindlers are trying to trick him out of his money, and thieves are planning nefarious deeds. Luckily for Rough and Ready, he makes some good friends along the way. Summary by Tori Faulder
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55142
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure; Children's Fiction/General; Children's Fiction/Historical; Action & Adventure Fiction; General Fiction; Historical Fiction; Literary Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: New York, Ragged Dick, street children, newsboys

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Rough and Ready OR Life Among the New York Newsboys. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Rough and Ready OR Life Among the New York Newsboys, by Horatio Alger, Jr.. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Rough and Ready OR Life Among the New York Newsboys by Horatio Alger, Jr.. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Rough and Ready OR Life Among the New York Newsboys, by Horatio Alger, Jr.. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename roughandready_##_alger,jr._128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. roughandready_01_alger,jr._128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: craigdav1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by tfaulder on December 11th, 2018, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.

edit: I shortened the file name. Long names lead to mistakes. Let me know if any changes are needed. Do you want to advertise for a dpl or do you have someone you'd like to invite?
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

Well, jenniferrd did the proof listening for the last book in the series that I read. I'll send her a message and see if she is interested in listening to this one too.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

I'm interested! Thank you!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

jenniferrd wrote: August 28th, 2018, 1:23 pm I'm interested! Thank you!
As soon as Tori acknowledges your post, I'll add you to the team.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Moving to the Going Solo forum to keep the Launch Pad tidy.
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

I'm happy to have jenniferrd join. I'm looking forward to collaborating on another project with her. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back. It has been a crazy few weeks with school starting and our annual DC trip. I should be on here more this coming couple of weeks.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Craig - if you can put me in now as DPL, I can get these chapters PL'ed! :D
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Done! Sorry about the delay....traveling.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

No problem, Craig.

Section 1 and 2 - PL OK! :clap: :clap:
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

Thank you both! :D :clap:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

I just noticed that your file names have a _ before the .mp3. It probably doesn't have any impact but as our books are hosted by Archive.org it might. If you could rename the files, upload them and then change the link in the MW that would be great. Thanks.
DaveC
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

I will PL these shortly - real life has been busy the last few days. :D
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Section 3 and 4 - PL OK!

Wow, I think I want my son to listen to this one, he thinks we're really mean to make him wash dishes, clean his room, and help mow the yard! :shock: :shock:
tfaulder

Post by tfaulder »

My niece too:)

Real life invades me all to frequently as well. I'll be trying to get several sections in this week/weekend, but don't worry if it takes time for you to get to them.