[COMPLETE] Old Granny Fox by Thornton W. Burgess - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Section 5, in which Reddy Fox proves himself a good grandson/cub, is now up for proofing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/oldgrannyfox_05_burgess_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude
......................................................................................

"Your legacy is not what they say about you, but how they live differently because they knew you."
linny

Post by linny »

:clap: I've missed these two characters.

I normally wouldn't note this but you always read so perfectly I thought you might want to take another listen. I'm ok with marking this PL ok if you don't want to change it.

14:57 - When he reached the edge of the Big River, he hurried along the bank until he reached a place where the water seldom freezes.
This sounds as if there is an M at the end of water. It's almost as if you got tongue tied with water and seldom.
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Okay I trimmed the muffled bit out and have uploaded the revised file. See if this sounds better for you. Same length of course.

cheers
Jude
......................................................................................

"Your legacy is not what they say about you, but how they live differently because they knew you."
linny

Post by linny »

Great edit. PL OK. :thumbs:
tonnyx

Post by tonnyx »

I just wanted to say that I'm delighted that you're still reading books! My kids enjoy your Burgess readings. Thanks!
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Section 6 (16:38) is up and ready to PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/oldgrannyfox_06_burgess_128kb.mp3

It was sure nice to get a compliment (blush)

cheers
Jude

linny

Post by linny »

I think the compliment was wonderful and well deserved. :9:

Do you want to leave a note in the summary (or a readers note in the audio) about the text numbering the chapters incorrectly resulting in chapter 15 being skipped? I didn't notice it in the last section but when this one started with chapter 17 I had to go look it up. :roll:
linny

Post by linny »

Section 6 is pl ok. Finally a good meal for the cleaver little duo. :D
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Section 7 (length 15:21) is up and ready to PL ... time to find a new dinner or two

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/oldgrannyfox_07_burgess_128kb.mp3

I hadn't noticed the skipped Chapter 15 either. I think a note in the summary would work best because no content is missing - just incorrect numbering.

Good on your sharp wits :clap:

Jude

linny

Post by linny »

Section 7 is PL OK.

I have mild dyslexia and numbers are something I struggle with. It makes me awfully aware of them. Either that or I'm just bound to get lucky every now and then. :wink:
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

A very interesting Section 8 (length 15:03) is up to PL now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/oldgrannyfox_08_burgess_128kb.mp3

I've been wondering how Mr. Burgess would handle the inevitable chicken dinner for the foxes, and I have to say I'm impressed. Very responsible and thoughtful.

cheers
Jude

linny

Post by linny »

I agree, that was very impressive.

Section 8 is PL OK. :D
JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

Just one more section to go after this one - Section 9 (length 9:10) is ready to PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/oldgrannyfox_09_burgess_128kb.mp3

cheers
Jude

JudeSomers

Post by JudeSomers »

And we're done! (barring corrections) with Section 10 (length 10:53)

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/oldgrannyfox_10_burgess_128kb.mp3

Cheers everyone and it's been fun as always. Will sign up after the Christmas season for - probably - Jerry Muskrat. Love reading Thornton Burgess books.

Jude

linny

Post by linny »

You've done a wonderful job, Jude. It has been a pleasure to listen for you. I wish you a wonderful Christmas season and look forward to working with you on a future project.

There is one small correction in section 9.
0.20 Chapter 26: Farmer Brown’s Boy Sets A Trap
I hear 16