[COMPLETE] Selections from the Principles of Philosophy by Descartes - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

And section 2 as well!
I have quite a bit of free time coming up so hopefully I am going to go through recording it all quickly. No worries if PL takes a little longer. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

Section 3 is in as well :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Craig, a question for you:
The project generator put the year of birth-death of the translator in the intro. Is that something that needs to be said? It feels a bit out of place...

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Section 4 is ready for PL :)

Readers needed:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Foon wrote: August 8th, 2018, 3:29 am Craig, a question for you:
The project generator put the year of birth-death of the translator in the intro. Is that something that needs to be said? It feels a bit out of place...
It generally is included in the intro. In a solo recording one can be a bit more flexible but I would think it should always be included in the first intro and the last outro.
Foon

Post by Foon »

craigdav1 wrote: August 8th, 2018, 5:25 am
It generally is included in the intro. In a solo recording one can be a bit more flexible but I would think it should always be included in the first intro and the last outro.
Thanks. I was just surprised that we do that for translators, but so far I haven't come across the same practice for the author's years of birth/death. I'll just keep including it, no problemo :)

Readers needed:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Foon wrote: August 8th, 2018, 5:30 am
craigdav1 wrote: August 8th, 2018, 5:25 am
Thanks. I was just surprised that we do that for translators, but so far I haven't come across the same practice for the author's years of birth/death. I'll just keep including it, no problemo :)
After some discussion with another Admin, I/we recommend NOT including the dates.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Alright! I'm gonna edit my first post then and edit the sections I've done so far tomorrow.

Thanks for checking!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

New versions for sections 1-4 are uploaded without the year of birth-death of the translator.

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Section 5 is uploaded as well. :)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Section 6 is ready to rumble! :lol:

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sections 7 & 8 are ready to go!

I'm giving you quite a to do list for when you come back from your holidays, eh Larry? ;)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

The Preface is up too.

I've decided to include only 1 letter in it (from Descartes to the person who translated his work from Latin to French), since it really serves as a preface. There is 1 other letter, and while interesting in its own right, it seems kind of odd to me to add it to the preface. Is that OK?

Readers needed:
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

The philosophy at LV is that the body of the text should be read as written. Including materials that precede or follow the text is at the reader's discretion.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Alright, then I'm gonna stick with this.
Thanks for the quick response!! :D

Readers needed: