[COMPLETE]Common Sense, How to Exercise It by Yoritomo-Tashi-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MDoorkeeper

Post by MDoorkeeper »

OK, back to work. Chapter 9 "Lesson IX. Common Sense and Action", is uploaded and ready for PL...I think. I had a lot of trouble with the uploader, it flat out refused to work in Safari, and I had to use Firefox. I'm not sure of the URL, because, while I was trying to copy the URL, it started to try to play, and I couldn't figure out how to get it to stop! :help: So out of desperation, I just force quit the browser.

This is a guess.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/commonsense_09_tashi_128kb.mp3
Time duration: 17:40

If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll re-upload it.

Mercury goes direct this coming Saturday night. (yay!) Maybe that'll tone down all the tech problems I've been dealing with these past few weeks...or maybe that's just superstition :hmm:
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it"
--Mark Twain
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 9

PL OK

What did Yoritomo-Tashi-ans say about superstition! :D

I hope your right, maybe my "Non_Server" will serve. :roll:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
MDoorkeeper

Post by MDoorkeeper »

Chapter 10 "Lesson X. The Most Thorough Business Man" is uploaded and ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/commonsense_10_tashi_128kb.mp3
Time duration: 18:52.

Still have a lot of trouble with uploading, but I don't think its LibriVox. I think it's something gone screwy with my internet connection. Not sure what's changed, but it's being a real bear to figure out. :?
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it"
--Mark Twain
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Sect 10

PL OK

Strange you should mention that, I've also been having server problems always disconnecting me. I was wondering if it had to do with Librivox?
Helen

MDoorkeeper

Post by MDoorkeeper »

Chapter 11, "Lesson XI. Common Sense and Self-Control" is uploaded and ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/commonsense_11_tashi_128kb.mp3
Time duration: 13:55.
--Mark Twain
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 11

PL OK
Helen

MDoorkeeper

Post by MDoorkeeper »

Chapter 12 "Lesson XII. Common Sense Does Not Exclude Great Aspirations" is uploaded and ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/commonsense_12_tashi_128kb.mp3
Time duration: 13:52.

Assuming that it passes, that's one more in the "can".

I found this guys' other two books online. They're not in Gutenburg, but they're listed as public domain too. I'm trying to decide if I want to do one of them next or what.
--Mark Twain
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 12

PL OK

This was a very beneficial project!
It has been my honor to be your DPL.
Well done! :clap: :clap:
Helen

MDoorkeeper

Post by MDoorkeeper »

It was indeed! I'm thinking that it's not done yet either. There are two more by Yoritomo, and ten titles total, by different authors, in what was called "The Mental Efficiency Series", published by Funk & Wagnalls about a century ago. One hundred plus years ago, some people translated what was written eight hundred years before them! Some things - some ideas are truly timeless.

I don't think I want to do the whole series, but, I would like to read the other two Yoritomo Tashi books; after all, I went to the trouble of tracking them down, but I'm also thinking that I need more practice with works that include dialog. I need to develop further my (very limited) abilities of voice characterization. I'm no Mel Blanc, and never will be, but I think I can do better than I do now.

Maybe I can do both; start another Yoritomo book and every now and then, take a break and do a short for somebody's collection. :hmm:

I dunno, it'll come to me. As one of my ministers used to be fond of saying, "All is in Divine Order". She passed several years ago, but her words too, are timeless.
--Mark Twain
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Anne & Tom,
I am curious, why this project has not been catalogued?
Helen

MDoorkeeper

Post by MDoorkeeper »

No idea. I don't know how to do that.
--Mark Twain
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If your MC misses the fact, send them a PM - :D
I'll start things rolling
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/common-sense-how-to-exercise-it-by-yoritomo-tashi/

Thank you both :clap: :clap:

Anne