[COMPLETE] Hildebrand and His Times by W.R.W. Stephens - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, and definitely the road to Canossa is coming up!

The upcoming alliance, in the next section, between the HRE and the Normans, squeezing the Papal States from the north and south, will define the whole game for the next 100 years.

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: September 25th, 2018, 8:10 am Hi Barbara,

Section 13 is up:

12:22

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/hildebrandandhistimes_13_stephens_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam
PL OK, Pam. Because I had read a history of Byzantium earlier this year, I thought Gregory might be getting knights together for the First Crusade. Google disabused me.

Best,

Barbara
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Barbara,

Yeah that comes right after him, I think.

Thanks!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Ann and Barbara,

I have replaced the old link to the text with a new one because of a missing page in the scan.

Thanks,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: September 27th, 2018, 7:42 am Ann and Barbara,

I have replaced the old link to the text with a new one because of a missing page in the scan.

Thanks,

Pam

Thanks, Pam.

Best,

Barbara
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Barbara,

Section 14 is up:

10:50

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/hildebrandandhistimes_14_stephens_128kb.mp3

The revolt of the Saxons.

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: September 29th, 2018, 8:18 am Hi Barbara,

Section 14 is up:

10:50

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/hildebrandandhistimes_14_stephens_128kb.mp3

The revolt of the Saxons.

My best,

Pam
PL OK. I have a better grasp of events now. Thanks Pam.

Best,

Barbara
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

You are welcome and thank you, Barbara!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 8:14 am Hi Barbara,

Section 15 is up:

12:41

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/hildebrandandhistimes_15_stephens_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam
PL OK.

High drama! Pope kidnapped from Santa Maria Maggiore!

BTW, first morning in Rome (well pre-internet) this colonial tottered out of the hotel, turned a corner, and came upon that basilica. Entered - it was filled with music, incense, gold and wall to wall cardinals. I had never seen anything so splendid (until a bit later on when I "discovered" the Baths of Caracalla around another corner).

Best,

Barbara
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Cardinals in all their splendor--that I have never seen even in Rome!

Thanks, Barbara!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: October 8th, 2018, 7:18 am Hi Barbara,

Section 16 is up:

20:32

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/hildebrandandhistimes_16_stephens_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam
And it's PL OK. I am constantly amazed at all the overland travel the various representatives and the attendees at councils accomplished. I can understand river or sea travel but, through the German forests and over the Alps? I am preparing the first Section of Hester Piozzi's travels in Italy - wait till you hear how she crossed the Alps!

To give you some idea...

http://sites.psu.edu/hannibal/wp-content/uploads/sites/19112/2014/10/elephants-alos.jpg

Best,

Barbara
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks, Barbara!

I know just how you feel. It is very annoying to have those elephants rolling off the cliffs when traveling in the Alps.

I await Hester's adventures with pleasure!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson