[Complete] d'Artagnan Romances, Vol. 1: The Three Musketeers by Dumas -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

The d'Artagnan Romances, Vol 1: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (1802 - 1870). Translated by William Robson (1785 - 1863)

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-dartagnan-romances-vol-1-the-three-musketeers-by-alexandre-dumas/
The d'Artagnan Romances are six volumes that intertwine exciting events (real and fictionalized) from 17th-century Europe and the life of the most adored French musketeer of that period, Charles de Batz-Castelmore d'Artagnan. Volume 1 introduces d’Artagnan as a young man, seeking to earn the glory of serving in the King’s Musketeers. While in pursuit of this aim, d’Artagnan befriends three musketeers – Athos, Porthos, and Aramis – who aid him in adventures against their King’s adversary, the cunning Cardinal Richelieu. "One for all, and all for one!" (jvanstan)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1257/
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Alexandre Dumas) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Dumas
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 68
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
  • Original publication date (if known):
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; Crime & Mystery Fiction; Historical Fiction; Romance

Keywords that describe the book: cardinal richelieu, king louis xiii of france, queen anne of austria, george villiers, 1st duke of buckingham, the siege of la rochelle, comte de rochefort, cardinal armand jean du plessis, the red eminence

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of The d'Artagnan Romances, Vol 1: The Three Musketeers. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "The d'Artagnan Romances, Vol 1: The Three Musketeers, by Alexandre Dumas. Translated by William Robson [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of The d'Artagnan Romances, Vol 1: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. Translated by William Robson. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of The d'Artagnan Romances, Vol 1: The Three Musketeers, by Alexandre Dumas. Translated by William Robson"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename dartagnan01_##_dumas_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. dartagnan01_01_dumas_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Alexandre Dumas
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: The d'Artagnan Romances, Vol 1: The Three Musketeers

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Patty Marie has graciously offered to DPL :)
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I'm in for dpl on this.
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Yay! :D Thanks Patty Marie!

I plan on submitting some recordings this weekend.

Best,
John
pattymarie wrote: July 9th, 2018, 1:04 am I'm in for dpl on this.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All set and moving to Going Solo as we have the team assembled.
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Hi Patty Marie,

I've completed several draft recordings, up until d'Artagnan's friendship-forming swordfight against the Cardinals Guards - I had to at least get that far ;) Hope all's well and I look forward to your thoughts!

Best,
John
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Hooray!

Section 0 is PL OK.

I'm downloading the others.

Just a heads up. I'm leaving for a month in England - actually a few days more as my return date is September 1. I'll only be taking my phone which I'm not good at using for anything except calls and uploading photos to Facebook, but I'll take some ear plugs and try to do some listening and PL Notes during the trip. If I can't do any or very much, I'll catch up upon return.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 1 PL Notes;

10:01 The abreviation Mme. in the clause "whereas Mme. d’Artagnan was a woman, and still more, a mother" is for "Madame" [mah 'dahm]. Mademoiselle for a married mother? :wink: You'll recognize the abbreviation for Mademoiselle when it turns up, as I think it might in this book. It's unmistakable.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 2 through 5 are PL OK.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Hi John and Lynnet,

Just to let you know I'll be traveling for the month of August with only my phone that I'm not good at using for internet activities, plus I may not have a lot of time for listening, but I'll catch up in September on anything that's posted while I'm gone.

Hope you're both having a good summer.

Oh, Lynnet, I'm going to be in England - walking on the coast and in the wilds of Northumberland. Hope I don't run into any Simonside trolls or such. :wink:

Best to both of you.
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Hi Patty Marie,

Thanks much! I've addressed the Mme error in section 1 - good point ;) I've also added a few more recordings (up to section 10).

Best wishes for safe and fun travels!
John
pattymarie wrote: July 28th, 2018, 3:02 am Hi John and Lynnet,

Just to let you know I'll be traveling for the month of August with only my phone that I'm not good at using for internet activities, plus I may not have a lot of time for listening, but I'll catch up in September on anything that's posted while I'm gone.

Hope you're both having a good summer.

Oh, Lynnet, I'm going to be in England - walking on the coast and in the wilds of Northumberland. Hope I don't run into any Simonside trolls or such. :wink:

Best to both of you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

pattymarie wrote: July 28th, 2018, 3:02 am

Best to both of you.
Spectacular countryside, so enjoy! My family over there are moaning about the heat... not as hot as here, but no A/C in most places.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Lynnet wrote: July 29th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Spectacular countryside, so enjoy! My family over there are moaning about the heat... not as hot as here, but no A/C in most places.
Thanks for the heads up about the heat, Lynnet. I'll be sure to pack some light clothes as well as the long sleeved t-shirts and warm jacket I've needed in previous northern English summers. Twenty-something years ago, I shivered in the rain on Lindisfarne in August even with a fairly heavy jacket on.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 1 and 6 are PL OK.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 10 PL Notes

At 7:59, 8:38, 9:03, 9:08, 9:23, 10:15, 11:30, 13:20, 17:04, 17:30, 18:35, 18:57, 19:07, Mademoiselle/Madame.

Optional: 1:01 "habitué" https://www.dictionary.com/browse/habitue
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Thanks much, Patty Marie! I hope your trip is going well :)

I spent the week before my University's classes begin recording chapters! So, there are plenty of recordings to listen to now ;) We're up to chapter 50!

All the best,
John

pattymarie wrote: July 30th, 2018, 1:37 pm Section 10 PL Notes

At 7:59, 8:38, 9:03, 9:08, 9:23, 10:15, 11:30, 13:20, 17:04, 17:30, 18:35, 18:57, 19:07, Mademoiselle/Madame.

Optional: 1:01 "habitué" https://www.dictionary.com/browse/habitue