[Complete] d'Artagnan Romances, Vol. 1: The Three Musketeers by Dumas -lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Guess what? I finished draft recordings for the whole thing!! :9:

Next, Volume II: Twenty Years After! I'm super excited to get that project going :D

All the best,
John
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Just got back and am thrilled to find the book done. Starting to download. Put me in as dpl for the Twenty-years Later. I think that's my favorite of the series, overall, though I get a great laugh at D'Artagnan's caper with General Monk in the next one.

BTW I my late night connecting flight from Paris on the route New Castle - Paris - Istanbul on Air France was cancelled after we'd all been boarded for inability to find something the plane needed, and I was assigned to the same flight the next day and given a night in an airport hotel, so I had an unplanned for day in Paris during which I visited the Marais and the Place des Vosges with a statue I had totally forgotten of Louis XVIII looking handsome, ebullient and gallant on horse back. I thought of you, John, when reading direction "Chateau de Vincennes" as the end point of the line I had to take to the station "St. Paul - Marais."
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

PL Notes:

Section 10
14:58-59: Mademoiselle/Madame

Section 11
I'm listening again to locate the mistake I think I heard the first time through.

Sections 12 through 20 are PL OK.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

In two re-listenings of section 11 I haven't heard the one use of Mademoiselle in place of Madame that I thought I'd heard there, so I'm marking it PL OK. If it is there and I'm missing it now, a one time slip is nothing like calling a married woman Mademoiselle throughout a chapter, or worse the whole book.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 21 through 30 are PL OK.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 31 through 43 are PL OK.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Chapter 44 PL Notes

6:17 comprises/compromises in the phrase "a certain letter from Madame de Chevreuse which singularly compromises the queen,".
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 45 through 50 are PL OK.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 58 PL notes:

0:54 accursor/accuser in the phrase "If an angel appeared to that young man as an accuser of Milady" in the fourth paragraph of the chapter.

Sections 51 through 57 and 59 and 60 are PL OK.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 61 through 68 are PL OK. :)
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

I was excited to see that you ran right through these sections! Thanks much, Patty Marie! Sorry to hear about the flight troubles :/ But, at least you got a free day ;)

I've revised the final sections and uploaded them for spot PL. Also, I plan to start recording drafts of vol 2 this week. Starting volume 2 will be bittersweet, having left d'Artagnan in such a great place in this volume only to begin by finding out how little progress he's made in 20 years!

All the best,
John

pattymarie wrote: September 1st, 2018, 3:23 pm Just got back and am thrilled to find the book done. Starting to download. Put me in as dpl for the Twenty-years Later. I think that's my favorite of the series, overall, though I get a great laugh at D'Artagnan's caper with General Monk in the next one.

BTW I my late night connecting flight from Paris on the route New Castle - Paris - Istanbul on Air France was cancelled after we'd all been boarded for inability to find something the plane needed, and I was assigned to the same flight the next day and given a night in an airport hotel, so I had an unplanned for day in Paris during which I visited the Marais and the Place des Vosges with a statue I had totally forgotten of Louis XVIII looking handsome, ebullient and gallant on horse back. I thought of you, John, when reading direction "Chateau de Vincennes" as the end point of the line I had to take to the station "St. Paul - Marais."
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Chapters 44 and 58 are PL OK.

Section 10 PL Notes

Sorry to come up with one more correction, that is if you want to make it. In a last re-listen to chapter 10, I finally found what it was I thought was wrong but couldn't relocate. It wasn't the Mme/Mlle thing. It's that at 5:02 there's "in articulate sounds" rather than "in inarticulate sounds" - an easy mistake to make with the word "in" and the prefix "in" coming right together, but it does give an opposite meaning to the sentence.

Here's the full context: "“Pardon, gentlemen--par--” murmured the voice, which could now only be
heard in inarticulate sounds."

There are admins who would say not to bother about it, so it's up to you.
Pattymarie
jvanstan

Post by jvanstan »

Hi Patty Marie - so sorry for taking this long to address the final edit! :oops: But, I've got the final draft for Section 10 ready :)

I've been a bit distracted during the fall semester (teaching overload at the University)... Starting soon I'll be tackling Vol II!

Hope all's well,
John
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 10 is PL OK. I guess this is ready for the catalog. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Pattymarie
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Working on it.