[SOLO] Young Folk's Treasury V6 Famous Travels & Adventures - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Young Folk's Treasury - Vol. 6 - Famous Travels & Adventures by Hamilton Wright Mabie (1846 - 1916). -

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/young-folks-treasury-vol-6-by-hamilton-wright-mabie/

Historical vignettes of selected locations throughout the world and many of our early explorers as well. Fascinating travel adventures throughout Europe, Asia, America, etc. for young and old alike. Perfect for the armchair traveler who enjoys learning of our global past... ( BettyB)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/youngfolkstreasu06mabi
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
    IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =
    =
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Young People's Treasury - Vol. 6 - Famous Travels & Adventures . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Young People's Treasury - Vol. 6 - Famous Travels & Adventures , by Hamilton Wright Mabie. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Young People's Treasury - Vol. 6 - Famous Travels & Adventures by Hamilton Wright Mabie. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Young People's Treasury - Vol. 6 - Famous Travels & Adventures , by Hamilton Wright Mabie. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename youngpeoplestreasuryvol6_##_mabie_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. youngpeoplestreasuryvol6_01_mabie_128kb.mp3)
  5. Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Hamilton Wright Mabie
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Young People's Treasury - Vol. 6 - Famous Travels & Adventures
    Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    Any questions?
    Please post below
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Mary Ann Spiegel will be MC and DPL for this project.
BettyB
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Here I am! I'll get you set up Betty! Looking forward to another travel adventure!

MaryAnn
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

I've filled up the MW and I am realizing the Mr. Mabie was more of an editor than an author. The majority of these stories are written by other people.
Do we need to change anything because of this?

Betty
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

When I looked him up, I realized that he was one of the editors on World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern (which I read for and curated some volumes for). For those volumes, we set the author as "various", and read the author's name as part of the introduction to each section (when an author was listed).

MaryAnn
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

It appears by the table of Contents that he might have written 10-15 of these chapters. Would it be ok to leave things as they are and just read the author's names at the end of their chapter? Even the Intro is written by somebody else... Rather odd I think.
Betty
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

That's fine Betty. You're the BC, so however you want to handle giving the various authors credit is fine with me.

MaryAnn
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

And the adventures begin....

Two chapters read for PL. Thank you again for booking another journey :D

Betty
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Yeah! Cubs win second game of the split double-header and we are off on another adventure! Only a sweep could have better!

MaryAnn
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Is it possible to make the text source become a link to my book?

Betty
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

It should work now Betty. Just a formatting issue with the link.
MaryAnn
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Two more up and thanks for the link.

Betty
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

A few more ready for PL.

Betty
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Betty,
You are PL OK through 7.

Looking forward to the next few sections - especially cliff dwellers and mammoth cave - both spots I've visited as a child.

MaryAnn
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

I'll try to make you proud.... :lol:

Betty