COMPLETE[NF solo]A Mind That Found Itself by Clifford Wittingham Beers-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

A Mind That Found Itself An Autobiography by Clifford Wittingham Beers (1876 - 1943).

At twenty-four, Clifford Beers, Yale graduate and son of an old New England family, was confined to a mental institution, where he experienced and saw terrible mistreatment of patients. Eight years later, after his time in another institution, he wrote A Mind That Found Itself, exposing the inhumane conditions of these institutions. Beers went on to found an outpatient center for mental health, the Clifford Beers Clinic, in 1913, and is considered the founder of the American Mental Hygiene Movement. ( Skip Corris (self - information from Wikipedia))
This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/a-mind-that-found-itself-an-autobiography-by-clifford-whittingham-beers/

• Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11962
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: Q6K3EMUt
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I am working on setting this up for you.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will leave you on the launchpad for a while to be more visible to proof listeners.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

This looks interesting! Do you have a DPL? Happy to volunteer if you don't!
Last edited by eggs4ears on June 21st, 2018, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I added you as DPL. If you had other arrangements, Tom, let us know,
Now I will move this to Going Solo.
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Thanks! Appreciate your help. Been in and out of town fixing up old house to sell and bringing stuff down to new house. Will post first chapters this week.
TD
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Tom,
Yes, you should put them in the MW, too. You can update the Section titles. I can help with either or both. Just let me know.
Have a good night!
Amy
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Posted Intro and First Two Chapters.
Please make sure I'm doing this right.
Thanks!
TD
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Tom,
You are doing it right. Your section titles look great! I added the lengths of the recordings in the notes section, and changed the status to Ready for PL. That will be all you need to do with the others.
Cheers!
Amy
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Thanks, Amy!

TD
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Skipping a bit; uploaded Chapter 10
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amindthatfounditself_10_beers_128kb.mp3
7:46

Thanks,
TD
SkipCorris