COMPLETE[NF solo]A Mind That Found Itself by Clifford Wittingham Beers-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Amy --
Can I switch a chapter or more out and replace them if they haven't been PL-ed yet?
Thanks,
TD
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

That would be okay for me. I haven't started to PL yet, because I forgot to check the email alert box and didn't know you'd uploaded a few chapters already. I'll get on to it in a few days, or after you have posted here to say that the chapters have been switched.
TomDaley wrote: July 5th, 2018, 7:48 pm Amy --
Can I switch a chapter or more out and replace them if they haven't been PL-ed yet?
Thanks,
TD
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Thanks! I'll post or re-post this week.
TD
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Tom,
Sure. Please rename the files with the section numbers instead of chapter numbers. This project wasn't setup with a Section 0 so all the files are one more than the chapter numbers. You have to say that you have a preface in the book to get a Section 0. If you can't, I should be able to change it globally when it is cataloged.
Have a good night.
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Shall I append the Intro to Chapter One and repost as Section One to make the Chapter Numbers correspond with the section numbers? I can then rename the section title "Intro and Chapter One?" Might that work?
I reposted the Intro and first four chapters, replacing what I had, and can post (or repost) up to chapter 14 tomorrow. I'm down in SC this week and planned on recording as much of the remaining chapters of the book as I can this week, but don't want to create additional problems for you folks in numbering the sections.

(I won't put the new links on this forum for what I've reposted until I hear from you.)

Thank,
TD
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

I have had a quick listen to the intros and outros up to Chapter 4. So the intros/outros are now consistent with the filenames and there is an intro with _00_ in the filename. Algy, as the other solution would involve a lot of re-recording, it could be easier to adjust the section numbers in the MW (though I don't know how easy or difficult that is).

One PL note for the Introduction - add 'End of Introduction' as an outro at the end of the file.

Glad to meet a man who reads the publishers' information at the beginning of a book! I do that myself, but I think few others do.

TomDaley wrote: July 15th, 2018, 5:39 pm Shall I append the Intro to Chapter One and repost as Section One to make the Chapter Numbers correspond with the section numbers? I can then rename the section title "Intro and Chapter One?" Might that work?
I reposted the Intro and first four chapters, replacing what I had, and can post (or repost) up to chapter 14 tomorrow. I'm down in SC this week and planned on recording as much of the remaining chapters of the book as I can this week, but don't want to create additional problems for you folks in numbering the sections.

(I won't put the new links on this forum for what I've reposted until I hear from you.)

Thank,
TD
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

You don't have to change the recordings or the section titles at all. The only change needed is for the file numbers to be updated so that the section number matches the file number. The file numbers won't match with the chapter number, but that is all. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It would be great if I could add a Section 0. Unfortunately, there is no way I know of to do that. It is a flaw in the system.When the book is being setup, you have to indicate the book will have a Preface to setup a section 0.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I updated the ones that are in the MW now so Section1- the introduction is named 01, Section 2-Chapter 1 is 02, Section 3-Chapter 2 is 03, Section 4-Chapter 3 is 04, and Section 5-Chapter 4 is 05.
These ones are all set now. Please adjust the filenames for the others before you upload them and everything will be fine.
Sorry for the trouble.
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Posted up to section 15.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amindthatfounditself_14_beers_128kb.mp3
11:28

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amindthatfounditself_15_beers_128kb.mp3
18:43

Will record "End of Introduction" fro section 1 Tomorrow and resubmit.

Thanks
TD
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Chapters 1, 2, 3 are PL OK! (I'll use the chapter numbers to refer).

It's a compelling book and a very elegant reading!
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Thanks!
Recording a bit from South Carolina instead of Ohio for a few days. Hope there’s not too big a difference in room sound.
TD