[COMPLETE][solo] Adventure Flemington by Violet Jacob - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi,
I followed your correspondence here. 1 and 2 are all yours. Late here, so will be entered tomorrow.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Ok, Nann, I mm trying to enter your claim to the magic window but without success. Is it possible you don't have a catalogue page? If so, how would you like to be credited in the librivox catalogue? Do you have a personal url which you would like us to link to your name? Sorry for the delay.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

miss stav wrote: June 15th, 2018, 12:16 am Ok, Nann, I mm trying to enter your claim to the magic window but without success. Is it possible you don't have a catalogue page?
Hi Stav

I just tried and managed to get the reader assigned to the sections. Maybe her reader page went up in the meantime. No problem now. All is perfectly assigned. :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Chpt 1 Prologue is PL ok.

I did find a stumble somewhere in the second minute but it was a simple edit so I just uploaded it to my audacity and cut out a piece and am now reuploading it. Since I have access to the MW I will just enter it. I'll put a link here aswell just in case.

Other than that, it was great reading! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/flemington_01_jacob_128kb.mp3 21:19
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Win2017 wrote: July 16th, 2018, 5:11 pm Chpt 1 Prologue is PL ok.

I did find a stumble somewhere in the second minute but it was a simple edit so I just uploaded it to my audacity and cut out a piece and am now reuploading it. Since I have access to the MW I will just enter it. I'll put a link here aswell just in case.

Other than that, it was great reading! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/flemington_01_jacob_128kb.mp3 21:19
can you please tell me where you cut out that stumble, so I can do a Spot PL. I noticed your new file is 1 minute and 19 seconds longer than the original file. :shock: Surely that can't be explained by a simple cut out of a stumble. :? We need to make sure the new file has correctly uploaded.

It is always best to let the reader correct any mistakes and then do a Spot PL, so that all is in order in the final upload. :)

Sonia
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I understand about the DPL not editing, and that was an oversight on my part.

The blip occurred around 2:00-2:20 (the script was '...to whose presence he was now...'), as for explaining why there is so much added time I have no idea, as I did not change anything else. I even listened to the end and the beginning but... nothing...

I can re-listen to the whole thing if you want, or maybe there was a mistake made with the original time that was given(not to put my mistakes on others :) ) When I did the small cut I didn't even remove half a second, so the time change makes no sense. As I said though I can re PL it, or someone else as I already did so maybe my quality will have fallen.... :?
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Win2017 wrote: July 17th, 2018, 10:03 am The blip occurred around 2:00-2:20 (the script was '...to whose presence he was now...'), as for explaining why there is so much added time I have no idea, as I did not change anything else. I even listened to the end and the beginning but... nothing...

I can re-listen to the whole thing if you want, or maybe there was a mistake made with the original time that was given(not to put my mistakes on others :) ) When I did the small cut I didn't even remove half a second, so the time change makes no sense. As I said though I can re PL it, or someone else as I already did so maybe my quality will have fallen.... :?
good news, I downloaded both files and they both had the same running time. The reader simply made a typo in stating the time in her post. So there are no unaccounted seconds in your upload. I also Spot PLed the edited blip and you did a good job. Thanks ! Section 1 is definitely PL ok now and you don't have to re-PL it all.

Sonia
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I'm ironing out my bugs (and I hope it doesn't hurt them too much!) and am having fun reading this. I still need to work with Phil's videos on how to fix mistakes. I can re-record a paragraph or a sentence and delete the bad one, but I don't know how to do much more than that.

I will finish up Chapter 2 today. I am having fun with this, and will gladly claim the next three chapters.

Thank you,

Nan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nedge wrote: July 17th, 2018, 12:03 pmI still need to work with Phil's videos on how to fix mistakes. I can re-record a paragraph or a sentence and delete the bad one, but I don't know how to do much more than that.
I think if you can re-record a corrected sentence and paste it into the previous bad spot, that is the main thing you need to know about editing. :) Trying to make the new sentence sound as much alike as the old one is the only difficult thing really in editing. But with practice this will get better and better.

Sonia
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Ok, great looks like everything is cleared up.

Just out of curiosity, Nedge, I am wondering what program you use. Some people use garage..something... or another one I don't remember, and then Audacity, I use Audacity. I had a really hard time figuring out Audacity at the beginning. But now it is so simple and I can edit really easily. The frustrating part was people always said that to me, that in the beginning its really hard but it gets better, and I kinda rolled my eyes, but it is true! :lol:

Great start to a book! What a mischevious one that Archie is. The end of the chapter was hilarious. :lol:
Hope Kuerschner

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Hi Hope! I use Audacity. I'm sure it will all be as clear as day -- it's a LOT clearer than it was a month ago, after all. :) Thank you for the encouragement.

Here is Chapter 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/flemington_02_jacob_128kb.mp3 20:50
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you all. I am sorry for not being around. Nann, chapters 3, 4 and 5 are all yours.
Stav.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I don't usually jump in an put the chpts in the MW but I was ready to PL so...

PL notes for chpt 2:

9:26) My name is Archibald Flemington... (the end of the word in bold wasn't' said)

9:36) ...rather taken aback. Painters in those days...,

And I think at the end there was like 7 or 8 seconds, I don't know if it matters that much, but maybe just try to keep it to 5 seconds.

Other than that everything was good. :D
Last edited by Win2017 on July 19th, 2018, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope Kuerschner