COMPLETE The Life of Rev. Henry Martyn by John Hall -choc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Great! We'll wait for Laurie to get you set up as DPL. Then you'll just need to create a login for the MW, and you'll be all set!
Here is a page that explains the login process: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

I forgot to mention another thing you can check is that I have the proper file names.

The Preface is now ready for PL as well at 2:38 in length. I am a bit unhappy with the level of background hiss in this project - more than in my previous books. And I am unsure why, as my setup is the same. But I cut out what I could without adding distortion. Please let me know if you still find it too distracting overall.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
A Rough Shaking by George MacDonald
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Alright, thank you for helping me understand :thumbs:
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Preface is PL OK! You have a such a wonderful voice; the reading was very good.

P.S I will wait for MW access.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Hi and welcome! I've added you to the database as the dedicated prooflistener, so you'll be able to access the Section Compiler after you've created a login. I'll send you a couple of documents by private message that explain the process further, in case anything on the Wiki page that Hannah linked for you needs clarification.

Please let me know how you'd like to be credited on the catalog page. Some readers/listeners use their forum names or pseudonyms; others use their real names. It's up to you. For now I have your catalog name down as ErickMcFarlow (easily changed if you like).

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Laurie Anne
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Thank you, and the name is fine.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thank you both so much!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Readers needed for:
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Chapter 1 is PL OK! Your reading is very good
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thank you, Erick. That is encouraging, as I have been unsure about my reading so far in this book due to trying it during a flare-up of chronic illness. I hoped it wasn't coming across much how I've been short of breath while reading!

I have a couple more chapters recorded but need to patch one where my computer skipped during recording and do the basic edits on the second. Hope to have them ready for you soon.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Take your time, fix the errors, and we will be fine :thumbs: Thanks
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

In my head I am going, 41 pages in section 14! That's going to be a long DPL, but, as it says in the job description, Dedicated Proof Listener, I will be dedicated to listening to it, no matter how long it is. Hope things are going well, I can't wait to hear your voice again. Thanks
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks for your dedication despite the daunting appendix, Erick! :lol: Yes, I thought that looked too long for one section but couldn't be sure until I had started recording and found my pace. The only reason I am leaving numbers of pages in my completed chapters so far is to get an idea of how long each page is taking. So, as I talked over with our MC before you joined this project, I will be splitting the section 14 into 2 or 3 sections. That should be a relief for all! :D

I just recorded the patch and hope it isn't obvious beyond my critical ears, so there are two more sections ready for PL.
Chapter 2 - 27:26
Chapter 3 - 11:49
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Alright, I will PL later, thanks
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Chapter 2 is PL OK! Great reading. I will PL chapter 3 sometime later, I have some things going on this weekend though. Thank you
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks. And no problem -- recording is going slowly here with busy weeks as well.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 4 is ready for PL at 26:57 in duration.
~ Hannah
Readers needed for: