[SOLO] Dracula by Bram Stoker - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

Dracula by Bram Stoker (1847 - 1912).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/dracula-version-4-by-bram-stoker/

Dracula is an 1897 Gothic horror novel by Irish author Bram Stoker. It introduced Count Dracula, and established many conventions of subsequent vampire fantasy. The novel tells the story of Dracula's attempt to move from Transylvania to England so that he may find new blood and spread the undead curse, and of the battle between Dracula and a small group of men and a woman led by Professor Abraham Van Helsing. - summary by Wikipedia
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/345
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; Fantastic Fiction/Horror & Supernatural Fiction; Fantastic Fiction/Gothic Fiction; Fantastic Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales; Historical Fiction; General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900; Classics (Antiquity)

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Dracula, by Bram Stoker. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Dracula, by Bram Stoker. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Dracula, by Bram Stoker. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the chapter, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Dracula, by Bram Stoker. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename dracula_v4_##_stoker_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. dracula_v4_01_stoker_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader [img]
      Please use your BC login.
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: dlolso21
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I would be happy to DPL :)

I enjoyed pling your sections from Coppertop very much and would love to hear you read some more :wink:
~Tiffany
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

Wonderful, thank you so much!
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Corinne,

I can MC this for you. This is long for a first solo, but let's go for it.

MW is set up and started.

I have made a few changes to the first post. You can edit the first post - there is an "edit" button at the top right of the post when you are logged in. The Magic Window (MW) is up and started.

1) shortened the file name and added a v4 to indicate this will be the fourth version of Dracula in our catalog.

2) removed the sections on ID tags - our software will add these during the catalog process

3) removed the generic workflow login image and replaced it with a note to use your BC login

4) added dlolso21 as the destination uploader folder

As a soloist you are your own BC. Here is some information on how to access and manage the MW. There is a lot of information here, you might want to set up a bookmark in your browser.

Jo's simplified first-time login instructions (with pictures):
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs

Workflow instructions for BC's and DPL's:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ
Now in the wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

Once you set up a password in the Workflow, remember that it is stored separately from your forum password and that changing one will not change the other. Also, please use this combination of login and password for the uploader as the generic one normally pictured in group projects has only permissions in the workflow to upload files, nothing else.

Since we already have a DPL, I am moving this over to Going Solo.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.

David O
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Tiffany,

Welcome, glad to see you here. You should have MW access.

David O
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thank you! I do have MW access :thumbs:
~Tiffany
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

Thank you so much for editing that page, I am going to be a little better at catching those in the future hopefully.
Thank you also for the information, the links that explain the process seem clear enough so hopefully I can continue without many further errors.
I set up my login and I believe I am ready to go and start recording and updating!

I said it before I'll say it again -- Thanks both of you!

Corrinne
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

the first chapter is ready for PL!
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Wonderful reading of the first chapter! It is PL OK :D
~Tiffany
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

And the second chapter is ready for PL!

Sorry about the wait, I've been moving
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Chapter 2 is PL OK!

Moving is a pretty big job! I hope it is going well and that you get settled quickly :D
~Tiffany
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

Chapter 3 is ready for PL!

I'm settled-ish. I'll get there haha
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

chapter 3 is PL OK!
~Tiffany
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

UPDATE:
I am still here and will be posting the next chapters soon, just got caught up in summer shananigans!
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Thank You for the update.