[COMPLETE] North Lancashire by J. E. Marr - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hi Phil,

Section 5 is spot PL OK! Congratulations!

By all means, record other stuff first! It's tricky - I think it could be an interesting or possibly delightfully odd project, but I really don't want to con you into doing something you might not enjoy. And heaven knows most readers already have a list of projects they don't have time to get to.

It looks like he did revise it for subsequent editions. The scan in the IA link in your post has a short 'preface to the second edition', which suggests he changed things artistically and amended some matters of presentation as well. The BL catalogue says the year of publication of the first edition was 1845, and that the second edition was published, with a different press, in 1847, so I guess those are the dates to bear in mind as you settle on your text if you decide to go ahead with this. And now I'll stop, because most people don't find this stuff terribly interesting!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All done - sorry it took so long , 'twas my fault . I volunteered as a guinea pig and didn't expect it to be quite as hard work, and by the time it finished and I drove home through peak traffic I was incapable of remembering I was cataloguing

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/north-lancashire-by-john-edward-marr/,

Thank you both , crossing now to our outside broadcast ....

Anne
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks, Anne! Could I correct one typo in the summary - 'geographically diverse' rather than 'geographical diverse'? Sorry, I should have noticed that earlier.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Done
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thank you Anne and Erin! :9: :clap: :9: :clap: