COMPLETE The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald (Version 2) -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald (1824 - 1905).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-princess-and-curdie-version-2-by-george-macdonald/
A year has passed since Curdie's adventures with young Princess Irene and the hostile goblins deep in the mountain. As Curdie grows up, his faith in the elusive royal Great-Great-Grandmother is fading. When a thoughtless act plunges him into that mysterious presence once again, what will come of it? And what has happened to the good king and his little daughter by this time? ( HannahMary)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/36612
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Princess and Curdie. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • Say:
      "The Princess and Curdie, by George MacDonald. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • Say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • "Recording by [your name]
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Princess and Curdie, by George MacDonald. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename princessandcurdie_##_macdonald_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. princessandcurdie_01_macdonald_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags (just leave those blank!)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: carolin
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by HannahMary on April 14th, 2018, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I have a DPL interested in this project: Original Elsa.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi hannah, i can pick this up again :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

All set and ready to go :thumbs:
Carolin
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks so much, Carolin! I'll aim to fill in the MW today.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Chapter 1 is ready for PL at 12:33 in length! I will message Elsa to let her know we are all ready.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

And chapter 2 is ready for PL at 14:18 in duration.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Plus chapter 3 ready at 23:35
~ Hannah
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Oh wow great start! Lets go off to going solo :thumbs:
Carolin
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

I'm here and will listen to the first chapters soon. Looking forward to hearing this story again!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I'm glad to catch you before you did any PLing, Elsa, as I have edited and re-uploaded all three files. I'm re-thinking my pace that was slower than my usual (based on a children's audiobook narrator I enjoy.) But I don't know that it sounded natural enough for me. See what you think of these ever-so-slightly sped-up files. If they sound unnatural to you, I'll switch back to the originals and see what you think. But when I recorded the next three chapters today (not edited yet), I settled into a bit smoother rhythm... I hope!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Sections 4-6 ready for PL. Times are 9:03, 8:54, and 8:45.
~ Hannah
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

Chapters 1-3 PL OK
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

I will check consistency of style when I continue listening. I didn't notice anything unusual with the quality of the sped up files. If anything, Chapter 3 sounded slower than the others. Loving the story so (I'm surprised how much is new to me again). Your voicing of the Great-Great-Grandmother is well done. I like how you made her voice thin at first and strong later. Good depiction.
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

Chapters 4-6 PL OK

Your reading is smoother now, as you said. I'll let you decide if you want to re-record the first chapters or not. They are just fine as they are, but if it would bother you to not change them, I will he happy to PL those chapters again. But perfection is not necessary!