[COMPLETE]Heroines of Fiction by Howells,William Dean-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 5th, 2019, 12:49 pm I hope you got some rest! Thanks for the Howells. We will be done soon. :thumbs: Jim
yes 4 sections left. I'm sure you will give this priority now. I understand that it's exciting to finish a project. 8-)

As for rest...we spent two days in a family fun park with lots of wild rides. It wasn't so much restful as exciting. :lol:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Exciting is good. As for priority here--not so much so. I have to execute Robespierre first!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 4:55 pmExciting is good. As for priority here--not so much so. I have to execute Robespierre first!
that sounds slightly gruesome :lol: well, I won't stress you. I know these sections take a long time to record and edit. I just thought, in case you already finished them and are only holding back because you don't want to give me too much work, don't worry about that. :) I can make an effort for a final push.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 35. Veeerrry interesting: the very real and the very unreal. :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow :shock: Marjorie Daw is a wonderful surprise twist ending. I love such books. And I see we have recorded it already for a short story project. Miggles is a totally likable character as well. I loved both book suggestions. A very fun chapter.

And PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yeah, I liked it. Thanks, Sonia! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: what happened !!!! all done ?

ok, I cannot promise to do them all over the weekend, but it would be cool if the project could get archived. :9: So I'll do my best

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I put all three in the MW. Please do not hurry. I was too close to wait. Jim :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

well I had a go at the first section already. Nice job on the difficult creole accent :thumbs: This was a wholly unknown author or topic to me. Interesting though.

PL ok.

Two more to go...but it's late here, so it will be postponed till tomorrow. Monday at the latest.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and it's DONE :clap: the final two chapters are perfectly PL ok as well and another interesting listen. It was the first thing I did this morning (didn't even have my breakfast yet). I found it interesting that the Western American fiction had more male than female heroines, true probably because of the rough Western, Cowboy and Gold-rush settings. Even though one could have fitted in a strong heroine there as well.

Well I must say, this was a wonderful rollercoaster through the English literature. So many books I didn't know and some I'd like to know better. Definitely a great addition to our catalogue. Now we only need to record all those books mentioned here (the ones that haven't been recorded yet 8-) )

So I can start cataloguing now. I'll post back when I have the finished link. Maybe even before you are up.

Excellent job, Jim !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here it is, phew this took a long time to upload. Well it was many long sections, so it's understandable:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/heroines-of-fiction-by-william-dean-howells/

Moving it too Completed Projects. Great job !

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sonia, you are amazing. Thanks so much for your interest and support on this project. I enjoyed it as well and learned a great deal. Yours, Jim :D