COMPLETE: The English Restoration and Louis IV by Osmund Airy - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Barbara!
He would expect that, at the least.

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: April 10th, 2018, 8:15 am Hi Barbara,

Section 4 is up:

17:44

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/englishrestorationandlouisxiv_04_airy_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam

It's PL OK Pam. "The machinery of government", yes.
Best,

Barbara
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Barbara!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: April 13th, 2018, 8:56 am Hi Barbara,

Section 5 is up:

17:33

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/englishrestorationandlouisxiv_05_airy_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam

PL OK, Pam.

Following on an earlier project of ours I took up Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror", which I enjoyed immensely once. Now it's a painful read. Everything's so awful!

Best,

Barbara :(
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

It is a painful read!

Thanks, Barbara.

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: April 18th, 2018, 8:16 am Hi Barbara,

Section 6 is up:

18:01

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/englishrestorationandlouisxiv_06_airy_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam

It's PL OK! and my education continues...

Best,

Barbara
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Barbara!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: April 25th, 2018, 6:02 am Hi Barbara,

Section 7 is up:

23:17

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/englishrestorationandlouisxiv_07_airy_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam
PL OK! And at last our author's prose takes flight...

I had never heard of Stenai (Stenay). It is upriver from Verdun and was the site of (says Wikipedia) "the last battle of WWI". Hundreds of Americans were sent to their death there on 11th November 1918 though it was known to their "hotshot"commander that the Armistice was on the point of being signed. Probably hundreds of Germans died there that day too?

Best,

Barbara
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Oh my gosh I didn't know that, Barbara. So awful!

Thanks!,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

pnagami wrote: April 28th, 2018, 7:28 am Hi Barbara,

Section 8 is up:

23:36

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/englishrestorationandlouisxiv_08_airy_128kb.mp3

My best,

Pam
Pam, I've given you PL Notes because at 16:24.50 you say "army" when you meant to say "enemy". Hope that's not too nitpicky.

I love the Hôtel de Ville, so unique in its Renaissance elegance. I came across it unexpectedly early one misty Sunday morning walking towards a rendezvous with a friend on the other bank of the Seine. I'd never heard of it and felt as though I'd made a great discovery. My friend assured me that it was quite well-known. :mrgreen:

Best,

Barbara