[COMPLETE] Aleriel; or, A Voyage to Other Worlds - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/aleriel_10__copernicus_w-lach-szyrma.mp3

3' 07"

Your name seems to be linked to a pile of books on the solo forum. You must do this full-time. I suppose it keeps things fresh, rather than concentrating on just the one project!

Nigel
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

The chapter title in the intro and outro should be Part 2 Chapter 2 (not chapter 10).

Yes, I am working with quite a few readers right now. I try to "read" three books a week.
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

I'm just working from the chapter numbers on the MW. Perhaps I confused the issue for you at the beginning when we discussed how the chapters and parts should be formatted for the read. I could go back and change everything to keep the chapters and part numbers in harmony with the printed text ( which is only available online and doesn't remember where you last were, annoying!), this will prove very time consuming for me and may give me some technical problems. Until I hear from you re' this I will continue as per. I am preparing 11, 12 and 13 at the moment.

Nigel
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Nigel,
The section and chapter numbers are identical in Part 1 (e.g. section 1 is chapter 1,....section 7 is chapter 7). Switching to the section numbers for Part 2 is not a big issue as the section numbers 9, 10, 11,... are sequential. Consequently it is not necessary to go back and change the early intros.

Some readers prefer to use section numbers at the beginning of the intro to keep it very easy for the listener. They then mention the part/chapter information at the end of the intro before the chapter title.
Dave
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

Ok thanks Dave, I will just use your section numbers, intead of chapter numbers, but be sure to mention each section number at the beginning, remembering, as you requested recently, to speak them after the book title and author and librivox plug.. and understanding that I only need to do that at the beginning or intro of each section. Hope I've got that right?

It will save me a lot of work. I keep original raw files for each chapter for retakes purposes, then record and edit in the re-take and then go on saving seperate files for each of the mastering processes which finally I end up with a mastered product.. that I THEN convert to mp3 for upload. Phew! This probably explains why I try and PL my work fairly thoroughly as well, to avoid the necessity of re-takes.

I can't imagine many listeners reading along with the audio on this one. (It's an intriguing and historically important book, to SF disciples, if they can get past the over-zealous religious bias) as it is rather difficult to access the text, which is not there in the gutenberg project library.

All the best

Nigel
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

Also I will continue to say "chapter --" using the MW consecutive numbers, instead of the PROPER chapter numbers, otherwise it might further confuse the listener.
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

11 PL OK.

Nice read. Yes, serious fans of sci-fi will I think find this book very interesting.
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

I have a feeling that I have incorrectly announced the wrong number on one of the files I recently uploaded. When you spot it, let me know and I will re-upload an amended version.

I used to get PAID for this...How times have changed.

NC
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

I've listened to the intros and outros and the numbers appear to be correct (except that beginning with Part 2 Chapter 1 the number refers to the section number, not the chapter number).
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/pt_III_chapter_15__mars_the_voyage_128kb.mp3 4' 32"

Part III Mars- The Voyage Through Space chp 15

N
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/pt_III_chapter_14__mars_the_voyage_128kb.mp3

4' 32"

Last file incorrectly numbered. God..it's complicated!

N