POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

~Amy
knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

Oh, I'm sorry, that's actually the unedited one.

Here is the correct link.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/elsieatnantucket_02_finley_128kb.mp3

18:55

Sorry about that!
~Amy
knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

~Amy
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 2 Chapter 2
PL notes:

5:48 stumble..comfortably.
5:51 stumble..after
12:55-12:59 empty space

*almost there.
Helen

knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

~Amy
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 2 Chapter 2
Spot PL OK :thumbs:
Helen

HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 3 Chapter 3

PL note: Hi Amy, before I go any further, please check your recording. I stopped after two very early errors.
00:39-40 slight stumble: to...
00:48-stumbles
Helen

knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

Hi Helen,

I'm really sorry about that. I must have missed those when I was checking the recording.

Here it is, again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/elsieatnantucket_03_finley_128kb.mp3

25:28

Sorry about that!!!
~Amy
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 3 Chapter 3

PL notes:
03:02 slight stumble,
06:29 slight stumble, then a repeated line "listening to the roar..."
09:35: incomplete sentence..(dialogue moves on).

Amy, at this point I stopped listening.
Amy, since you are new at recording, may I suggest listening to your recording before submitting it for PL
Helen

knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

Hello,

I'm really really sorry about that. I guess it's just taking me longer than expected to get used to listening to and editing recordings correctly.

I've checked it again, so it should be good.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/elsieatnantucket_03_finley_128kb.mp3

25:02

Thanks for your patience!
~Amy
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 3 Chapter 3
PL Notes:
3:02 slight stumble, 06:29 slight stumble, then a repeated line
"listening to the roar..."
9:35: incomplete sentence..dialogue mores on

* Third Time for sect 3
These are the same errors as last three times and I am stopping at the same place. However, now,
I am stepping down as DPL for this project.
Amy, you have my best wishes.
Helen

knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

Hello,

I am really, really sorry about that. I think that something went wrong as I uploaded it. I fixed the mistakes, but perhaps, the edited recording did not get saved.

I have re listened to it now and edited it, so I really think it will be good this time.

24:54

Thanks for letting me know, Helen. I understand that you're no longer able to help with this project. Thank you for the help you have given!

Jo, how do I go about looking for a new DPL?

Thanks!
~Amy
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Amy,

You can advertise for a new DPL in the Listeners Wanted forum using the template below. Just copy the code below and use it to make a new post in Listeners Wanted.

Code: Select all

[color=indigo][size=18][b][LANGUAGE: GENRE]Elsie at Nantucket by Martha Finley[/b][/size][/color] 
[quote]Elsie and her family travel to Nantucket Island to spend the summer. The Raymond children and others learn important lessons. After a delightful summer, they journey on to Lansdale, Ohio to visit Aunt Wealthy. - Summary by Am[/quote] 
[b][color=blue]This solo project is looking for proof-listeners. A [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/Glossary#d][u]DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener)[/u][/url] would be preferred, but until one is found we need PL for completed sections.[/color][/b] 
[list][*][b]New to proof-listening?[/b] Please read [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=724][u]this FAQ[/u][/url]. 
[*][b]Level of PL[/b]: Standard 
[*][b]Please consider these points during proof-listening and comment on them as appropriate:[/b] 
[list][*]Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions at the bottom of this post (below the magic window)? 
[*]Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time. 
[*]Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time. 
[*]Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading? 
[*]Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?) 
[*]Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording (see instructions in the first post of the project thread, below the Magic Window)? 
[*]Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?[/list] 
[*]Please respond in the [b]Project thread[/b]:https://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=69471	
[i][color=blue]Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.[/color][/i] 
[*][b]Text[/b]: See first post of project thread. 
[*][b]File lengths[/b]: See Notes fields in the Magic Window. 
[*][b]Which sections need PL?[/b]: the Magic Window for "Ready for PL" sections. The Magic Window below is displayed for reference, you can see what sections need listening at a glance. [i][color=blue]Please make sure to read the most recent posts in the project thread to make sure no other listener has claimed a section since the Magic Window was last updated.[/color][/i][/list] 
[MW]12807[/MW]
Jo
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can DPL!