[COMPLETE]SOLO [PORTUGUESE] O Mulato, by Aluísio Azevedo - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Sonia, forget about it! I just got it! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That was thrilling! :9:
A million thanks and sleep in peace... :thumbs: Next step will be to upload the chapter 2 and repeat the process till it becomes natural.

Many hugs,

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, Sonia! There it goes... I finally got the second chapter to be uploaded, and moreover, beautifully put it into the MW. :D :9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_02_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 36:43 (precisely 1-minute difference from the first chapter)

Going to my bed...
Thanks, and Goodnight,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Great, I'm glad you managed. Yes you need to press ENTER to validate some fields, and for others you need to push the "Save" button. After a few sections you will be used to it.

Could you also change the Section names to Capitulo instead of Chapter maybe ? This is what people will see later on in the finished project.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I think we can move this to Going Solo by now. I hope we can recruit some of your fellow Brazilian LibriVoxers to help out PLing some parts.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: February 23rd, 2018, 3:21 am Could you also change the Section names to Capitulo instead of Chapter maybe ? This is what people will see later on in the finished project.
Hello, dear Sonia! Good afternoon! I surely can do it later! Thanks again for your stimulation!😍
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: February 23rd, 2018, 5:16 am I think we can move this to Going Solo by now. I hope we can recruit some of your fellow Brazilian LibriVoxers to help out PLing some parts.
😍💜
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, Sonia! How are you doing? Still too cold? The Beast from the East is still around?

Well, I'm still around with my recordings, and as you've said, I feel thrilled by seeing the MW growing bigger and bigger. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_05_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 48:48

Going to take some rest now.

Take care!
Many hugs from Brazil, :9:

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Adriana

I see you have worked well these last days :clap:
How are you doing? Still too cold? The Beast from the East is still around?
yes it's still very cold but they promised a bit better weather for the weekend. We'll see

Since you don't have a DPL yet, and I had a bit of time, I was just now listening to your first chapter and it's very nicely read. :) Clearly enunciated and slow-paced enough that I can follow with the text. I understood most of the story I think. So I guess Maria Rosa will soon meet and fall in love with the "mulato" from the title ? :wink: And her father is probably against this marriage. That's what I'm guessing for now.

I found a few small things which need corrections:

> at 7:50: (p. 7): lithographias vulgares – you say “tipographias” if I’m not mistaken and that is a bit of a change in meaning, I think

> at 9:00: (p. 7) deitado no capim – you say “sentado”, I’m not sure if there is a change in meaning, I let you decide if it needs correcting

> at 35:34: "Fim de O mulato de Aluísio Azevedo." – this needs to be cut out, it is supposed only to come at the final chapter of the book. The book is not finished yet after chapter one so it makes no sense to put it there. ;)

What I found funny, was that for the name Maria Barbora, you always say Barbosa. But at least you stay consistent throughout the text, so I think you need not correct that one. That's why I didn't note the time-stamps down for that one. I only found it remarkable and I was wondering whether maybe you know someone with that name, and that's why it was more common for you.

In any case, a great start for the book. I'm sure people will like listening further after this intro. :9:

If I find some more time I will check another chapter still but it may not be before Monday.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_01_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 34:56

Hello, dear Sonia! Are you doing well?
I would like to thank you immensely for having spent a long time minding the PL of my first chapter's reading. Thank you very very much for that! I can understand you have your commitments, and doing this job requires too much dedication and spare time, which is rarer these days.

Thank you as well for the compliments! I swear I did my best. Mistakes happen, but we can always correct them, thank Lord! About the funny part of me reading D. Maria Barboba instead of Barbora it's due to the common Portuguese surname. Maybe the author meant Bárbara, which is a name, and not a surname, who knows? LOL Anyways, the book is quite old, and since that is not a so relevant character, I decided on calling her that way. :lol:
And your ear is definitely fabulous, pretty impressive, even why you are not listening to a text which language is familiar to you. Also, you can get the essence of the story. Very good! Congratulations! What a gifted person!

Have a wonderful weekend! :9:

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Adriana
sacciotto wrote: March 3rd, 2018, 7:34 am Thank you as well for the compliments! I swear I did my best. Mistakes happen, but we can always correct them, thank Lord!
yes that is the good thing with Audacity, editing is quite easy once you are used to it.

You corrected the two places perfectly :thumbs: Just something strange happened. I pointed them out at 7:50 and 9:00 and now your corrections are at 7:41 and 8:50, exactly 10 seconds earlier....what happened ? Was I mistaken when I noted down the time or did you by mistake cut out 10 seconds somewhere ? :shock: We need to check that I fear unless you know for sure nothing happened. It's strange that it's exactly 10 seconds in both cases. So it must have happened before 7:40.
About the funny part of me reading D. Maria Barboba instead of Barbora it's due to the common Portuguese surname. Maybe the author meant Bárbara, which is a name, and not a surname, who knows?
well yes I thought she was called Maria-Barbara as her first name, and the author is not mentioning her family name at all. He also said somewhere (p. 10) that she went to see the shrine of Saint Barbara I think, if I'm not mistaken, so I thought that was her patron saint and she was named after her.
And your ear is definitely fabulous, pretty impressive, even why you are not listening to a text which language is familiar to you. Also, you can get the essence of the story. Very good! Congratulations! What a gifted person!
thank you :oops: yes I think I pay attention to detail which is good for a Prooflistener :lol: But I'm only able to do that because you are reading so beautifully. If you were racing through the text and totally mumbling, I would not understand anything. So I have to thank you for being considerate to your listeners. :)

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_06_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 31:21

Hello, Sonia! :D

My production is growing, aha? It feels really enthusiastic! I can't wait to see the MW all filled up. And sorry if I forgot to mention: I cut out some breathing of mine. :oops: That's why you've noticed the irregularity in the timeline.

I guess you might be right about the reference of Sta Barbara. I thought about it later, too, but then I'm afraid I recorded too much up to now to be re-recording all those parts where her name is said. What do you think?

Anyways, tomorrow I want to read chapter 7! :clap: I'm having fun with the reading. Aluísio Azevedo's works are quite remarkable!

A warm hug,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: March 3rd, 2018, 1:46 pmAnd sorry if I forgot to mention: I cut out some breathing of mine. :oops: That's why you've noticed the irregularity in the timeline.
oh so that's the reason, ok then. Well you always need to point out what you changed, prefereably with the time-stamps to make it easier for the DPL. Because technically I should check everything you changed, even the tiny bits. Because it could be that you cut out to much by error and I would need to catch that. :?
I guess you might be right about the reference of Sta Barbara. I thought about it later, too, but then I'm afraid I recorded too much up to now to be re-recording all those parts where her name is said. What do you think?
yes I think as it is a personal name, it doesn't matter so much after all.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, dear Sonia! :D

Here Am I with my seventh recording of this current work! And it seems that each novelty prepares us for a new job. I apologize again for not telling about the cuttings, because I didn't think that would be that important. Now I know, and next time you'll be informed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_07_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 32:33

Best regards, :9:

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Good evening, Sonia!

I have been work really hard here, and just reached the eighth chapter! :clap:
Unfortunately, we still don't have a candidate to PL them, but that's ok. That will happen sooner or later.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_08_azevedo_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 45:16

Have a peaceful end of night, :9:

Adriana
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, dear Sonia! Are you ok?

Another weekend for me to record more! :D
And here's the proof of what I'm saying:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mulato_09_azevedo_128kb.mp3
Duration: 3132
Chapter: 9

How about your projects? Growing bigger and biggers as my first Solo?! It feels so exciting!

A warm hug from Brazil, :9:

Adriana