COMPLETE: The Adventures of Mabel by Harry Thurston Peck - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hey, Jo. In my projects page, this book is listed with Lyndon Orr as the author. :hmm: Why do you suppose that might be?
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:45 am Nice job, April! The whistling sounded perfect! I couldn't have done half so well. :thumbs:
My whistling does not sound as nice as my husband's whose whistling I recorded. lol
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

adr6090 wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 12:47 pm
mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:45 am Nice job, April! The whistling sounded perfect! I couldn't have done half so well. :thumbs:
My whistling does not sound as nice as my husband's whose whistling I recorded. lol
Haha! Clever woman! Well, it sounds great.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 12:48 pm
adr6090 wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 12:47 pm
Haha! Clever woman! Well, it sounds great.
Thank you!!
April
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:46 am Hey, Jo. In my projects page, this book is listed with Lyndon Orr as the author. :hmm: Why do you suppose that might be?
Lyndon Orr was a pseudonym of Harry Thurston Peck. However it was originally entered in the database as the reverse (Peck as a pseudonym of Orr). We usually default to real names so when I get a chance I can change it, but first I would like to find confirmation that this is accurate.
Jo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:30 pm
mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:46 am Hey, Jo. In my projects page, this book is listed with Lyndon Orr as the author. :hmm: Why do you suppose that might be?
Lyndon Orr was a pseudonym of Harry Thurston Peck. However it was originally entered in the database as the reverse (Peck as a pseudonym of Orr). We usually default to real names so when I get a chance I can change it.
Oooohhhhh. Thanks for the info! :D
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Please take note of Chapter 2 in the mw.
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 2 is PL ok!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello. Chapter 4 is now complete and in the mw.
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nice job on chapters 3 and 4. :) I do have some notes for you on both of them. Both chapters have a few places where you left a pause that seemed somewhat long to me. These are easy to fix by just cutting out a little of the silence between your words.

Ch 3:
The disclaimer needs to be read exactly as stated in the first post of the project: "This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" You said: "This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. If you wish to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" Perhaps I should also mention that since this is a solo, you have the option to use the shortened disclaimer on each chapter after chapter 1: "Chapter [number] of The Adventures of Mabel by Harry Peck. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
Long pause at 1:01 "He in turn would put.... his great head"
Long pause at 1:38 "till she came out into the.... open country"
At 2:49, you said "he would nibble the street grasses". I expected to hear "sweet grasses"

Ch. 4:
This chapter seemed a bit noisier than the others. Did you remember to do noise reduction on it? If so, you may have just been recording at a noisier time or place. I don't think it's enough to be a big problem, but thought I should mention it, in case you just forgot.
The disclaimer is fine on this one, but at the very beginning, you said "Chapter 10" instead of "Chapter 4"
At about 0:52, you said "What she should see" instead of "What should she see", and this was followed by an audible mouse click. Mouse clicks are easy to cut out, so that's a quick fix. Switching the word order here makes the sentence not make as much sense, though.
Long pause at 4:00 "soaked the sponge full of..... warm water"
Long pause at 16:31 "following the.... hoof prints"
Long pause at 21:40 "did not seem as if it could ever.... be broken"
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 7th, 2018, 8:27 pm Nice job on chapters 3 and 4. :) I do have some notes for you on both of them. Both chapters have a few places where you left a pause that seemed somewhat long to me. These are easy to fix by just cutting out a little of the silence between your words.

Ch 3:
The disclaimer needs to be read exactly as stated in the first post of the project: "This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" You said: "This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. If you wish to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" Perhaps I should also mention that since this is a solo, you have the option to use the shortened disclaimer on each chapter after chapter 1: "Chapter [number] of The Adventures of Mabel by Harry Peck. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
Long pause at 1:01 "He in turn would put.... his great head"
Long pause at 1:38 "till she came out into the.... open country"
At 2:49, you said "he would nibble the street grasses". I expected to hear "sweet grasses"

Ch. 4:
This chapter seemed a bit noisier than the others. Did you remember to do noise reduction on it? If so, you may have just been recording at a noisier time or place. I don't think it's enough to be a big problem, but thought I should mention it, in case you just forgot.
The disclaimer is fine on this one, but at the very beginning, you said "Chapter 10" instead of "Chapter 4"
At about 0:52, you said "What she should see" instead of "What should she see", and this was followed by an audible mouse click. Mouse clicks are easy to cut out, so that's a quick fix. Switching the word order here makes the sentence not make as much sense, though.
Long pause at 4:00 "soaked the sponge full of..... warm water"
Long pause at 16:31 "following the.... hoof prints"
Long pause at 21:40 "did not seem as if it could ever.... be broken"
Hello,
I have now fixed the errors that you had mentioned for both chapters. :oops:
Thank you.
April
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

3 is PL ok now. 4 is PL ok, except for this one:
mightyfelix wrote: February 7th, 2018, 8:27 pm At about 0:52, you said "What she should see" instead of "What should she see", and this was followed by an audible mouse click. Mouse clicks are easy to cut out, so that's a quick fix. Switching the word order here makes the sentence not make as much sense, though.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:31 pm 3 is PL ok now. 4 is PL ok, except for this one:
mightyfelix wrote: February 7th, 2018, 8:27 pm At about 0:52, you said "What she should see" instead of "What should she see", and this was followed by an audible mouse click. Mouse clicks are easy to cut out, so that's a quick fix. Switching the word order here makes the sentence not make as much sense, though.
I did switch the words. Ear twister? They are so similar that I guess my tongue just could not get it correct. I am sorry and I hope that now it is correct. It is in the mw.
April
April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

adr6090 wrote: February 11th, 2018, 2:17 pm
mightyfelix wrote: February 11th, 2018, 1:31 pm 3 is PL ok now. 4 is PL ok, except for this one:
I did switch the words. Ear twister? They are so similar that I guess my tongue just could not get it correct. I am sorry and I hope that now it is correct. It is in the mw.
April
Yup. That's one of my least favorite phrases to read, because I often stumble over it. PL ok now! :thumbs:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 11th, 2018, 2:49 pm
adr6090 wrote: February 11th, 2018, 2:17 pm

April
Yup. That's one of my least favorite phrases to read, because I often stumble over it. PL ok now! :thumbs:
:thumbs:
April