[COMPLETE][DUTCH]Verspreide verhalen door ALG Bosboom-Toussaint - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Paezra

Post by Paezra »

I've recorded the next section. But as it is quite long I'm having trouble finding the time to edit.
I'm halfway now. I have a few weeks off from work this month and will try to make some headway then.
It would be good to finish the first book and start at the next.
Paezra

Post by Paezra »

After recording and editing section 5 was longer than 60 minutes, so I broke it up in two parts.
Hopefully I did it the right way. I checked the size of chapters to come, and don't see a risk at this happening there.

Section 5 :
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/verspreideverhalen_05_bosboom-toussaint_128kb.mp3

Section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/verspreideverhalen_06_bosboom-toussaint_128kb.mp3
Paezra

Post by Paezra »

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

No activity or contact from reader since last February. Abandoning this project.
MaryAnn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

this project is resurrected and will be finished by Agnes, thank you so much. Looking forward to our collaboration :)

Tu préfères qu'on continue en français ou anglais ?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I checked the last 3 sections by Paezra and they were beautifully narrated and all PL ok. :thumbs:

Now on to the remaining stories.

Sonia
Agnesvdb62

Post by Agnesvdb62 »

Dear Sonia,

I'll continue this project as solo. I hope to finish it within a reasonable time. English is perfect and better than French for the Dutch.

Best regards.

Agnes
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Agnesvdb62 wrote: July 24th, 2022, 11:28 amI'll continue this project as solo. I hope to finish it within a reasonable time. English is perfect and better than French for the Dutch.
ok great that this project has restarted. Looking forward to your stories. :)

Sonia
Agnesvdb62

Post by Agnesvdb62 »

Dear Sonia,

It took some time, but finally, here's section 7 of Verspreide Verhalen. It's old Dutch language, so it took some time. But the story is nice.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/Verspreideverhalen_07_bosboomtoussaint_128kb.mp3
37:11.

Don't hesitate to give your comments of request to improve.

Have a nice evening.

Agnes
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay, super :) oh I see you started with a longer chapter. I thought maybe you would want to start with the final story that had shorter chapters.

I will PL the chapter tomorrow, it's a bit late today. But looking forward to it.

yes, unfortunately the public domain texts are all so old that often the language is a bit dated :?

I'm glad you managed though.

will give feedback tomorrow

BTW do you manage to enter the MW ? Because as BC you could also update the MW, or do you prefer me to do that for you ? I'll do it this time so you can see what it will look like. Just copying the link to the right column and setting the status to Ready for PL and writing the length in the Notes section.

oh and careful with the filename, never include capital letters ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Agnesvdb62 wrote: August 16th, 2022, 12:30 pmIt took some time, but finally, here's section 7 of Verspreide Verhalen. It's old Dutch language, so it took some time. But the story is nice.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/Verspreideverhalen_07_bosboomtoussaint_128kb.mp3
listened to the first chapter and it's nicely narrated. I couldn't notice that it was troublesome for you to read, it sounds very fluent. :thumbs:

Just a few small edits to make:

> the technical settings are wrong: the bitrate should be 128kbps constant and the sample rate 44,100 Hz. Did you update Audacity ? Otherwise the settings should have stayed the same as in the French project

> from 18:36 to 18:38: between "niets teruggekeerd" and "Als ik u volkomen" - the pause is a bit long, I would shorten to under 2 seconds

> from 20:26 to 20:29: between "digte weefsel der...." and "‘O Doctor! " - pause too long, I would really try not too exceed over 2 seconds, it feels very long for a listener. Usually up to 1.5 maximum is fully enough to make a break

> the filename needs to be all in small letters (you had a capital V): verspreideverhalen_07_bosboomtoussaint_128kb

thanks, great start

Sonia
Agnesvdb62

Post by Agnesvdb62 »

Dear Sonia,

I made the corrections. Hope it's fine now with the sample rate and bitrate. I didn't really make a change. As for the update, I'm not sure.

I start the next section somewhere this week.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/verspreideverhalen_07_bosboomtoussaint_128kb.mp3

Have a nice evening.

Agnes
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Agnesvdb62 wrote: August 29th, 2022, 12:20 pmI made the corrections. Hope it's fine now with the sample rate and bitrate. I didn't really make a change. As for the update, I'm not sure.
hm bizarre, it is still the wrong bitrate and sample rate. :hmm:

Section 7 is now PL ok. I changed the sample and bitrate for you now and reuploaded, so no need to do it this time.

But best to check your Audacity settings once more:

To permanently save settings to Sample Rate, do the following:

> go to Edit
> go to Preferences
> choose "Quality" in the left column
> set "Default Sample Rate" to "44100Hz"
> press OK

Check in the lower left corner of your Waves-Window whether the "Project rate (Hz)" is really 44,100

to save the bitrate, this is changed while you export your file:

> go to File / Export Audio
> open Options in the lower right corner (maybe in the newer version it's already open)
> select the following settings: Bit Rate Mode: Constant / Quality: 128 kbps
> press Ok

These settings should be saved now until your next manual update.
I start the next section somewhere this week.
yay, looking forward to it. And it's a shorter section this time.

thank you

Sonia
Agnesvdb62

Post by Agnesvdb62 »

Dear Sonia,

I took some time, but here's section 8 of Verspreide verhalen.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/verspreideverhalen_08_bosboomtoussaint_128kb.mp3
31.08 minutes.

I hope it's according to your expectations. Of course, I'm waiting for your comments and suggestions.

I'll start section 9 ASAP.

Have a nice evening.

Agnes
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Agnesvdb62 wrote: September 28th, 2022, 1:35 pmI took some time, but here's section 8 of Verspreide verhalen.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/verspreideverhalen_08_bosboomtoussaint_128kb.mp3
I hope it's according to your expectations. Of course, I'm waiting for your comments and suggestions.
excellent, it's a treat to listen to your narration. :clap: I am really enjoying the story, even if I don't understand everything, but I get enough to follow the story.

And I see you managed to get the technical settings right again :thumbs:

Only a few small things to edit this time:

> at 0:21: you forgot to say "Lord Edward Glenhouse" before "hoofstuk". Best say the full title of the story each time. To make it easier for your I mentioned the full title in the Magic Window for each section

> at 19:23: "Ook had hij de zelfvoldoening, van mij" - there is a creaking chair in the background, I would suggest re-recording this part

> at 30:55: "Verspreide verhalen, door A. L. G. Bosboom-Toussaint" - you only say this part at the very last section of the project. Here simply say "Einde van sectie acht". You can read the exact wording of intro and outro in the first post, under the Magic Window.
I'll start section 9 ASAP.
super, thank you so much. The next two sections are a bit shorter than this.

Sonia