COMPLETE Journal Tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson-iq

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Thanks, great listening.

I don't know how critical it is , but you've left out " For more information or to volunteer, please visit Librivox.org. Maybe you could just make an effort to include it in the rest of the sections?

Section #2 PL OK.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Is he using the shortened solo introduction?
"Chapter [number] of The Journal of a Tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson by James Boswell. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."

The first section, either 00 or 01, needs to have the full introduction, but the rest can use this shortened intro.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

icequeen wrote:Is he using the shortened solo introduction?
"Chapter [number] of The Journal of a Tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson by James Boswell. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."

The first section, either 00 or 01, needs to have the full introduction, but the rest can use this shortened intro.

You are correct. I didn't read further to see about the shortened intro. The complete intro is in the first section so the rest rest are OK as read.

Thanks for filling me in.

aniroo
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Awesome! Thanks aniroo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ogus

Post by ogus »

For #1 (which is the second section) I was simply following the instructions:

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:

If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Only if applicable, say:
"[Chapter title]"

Best wishes

Anthony
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Yes, I see that now. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

aniroo
ogus

Post by ogus »

I'm pleased the business of the introduction was sorted out.

Sorry about the delay in recording section 3: I have been busy with two trips abroad. But the section is now posted. Please note that about 2/3 the way through there is a quotation in Greek which I do not know how to pronounce and so instead have read out Boswell's translation of it (in a footnote). If you think that this is not good enough, please say so.

Anthony
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #3 PL OK.

I looked for the Greek quotation but could not find any words, only (words in Greek) in parenthesis. I tried several types of download, Epub, HTML and full Text. Never saw any Greek. Just the "words in Greek" and the translation. I don't know how you saw the actual Greek, unless you used another source. It sounded great to me and I don't know what other choice you could have made.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6018 this is the source I used.

aniroo
ogus

Post by ogus »

Yes; I was using a book because it is easier to read from than the Gutenberg. I then found, during section 4, that my book differed significantly from the Gutenberg text. So I went toe the local university library and borrowed another edition which looks to be consistent with Gutenberg. So, section 4 posted.

Anthony
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 4 PL OK :clap:

Thanks,
aniroo
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

ogus wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 9:18 am Yes; I was using a book because it is easier to read from than the Gutenberg. I then found, during section 4, that my book differed significantly from the Gutenberg text. So I went toe the local university library and borrowed another edition which looks to be consistent with Gutenberg. So, section 4 posted.

Anthony

What is the copyright date on the book you are using?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ogus

Post by ogus »

Copyright of book edition is 1909. In any event, it seems to be identical with the Gutenberg version.

Anthony
ogus

Post by ogus »

Section 5 posted. Samuel Johnson was pompous and reactionary in his views, but I hope that you find this interesting material!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 5 PL OK :clap:

Well read.

I did like the part when JOhnson said that Jesus was like the sun of righteousness. It sounded like something my dad would have said. I think he would have made a whole sermon on it in fact and brought in the "Son of righteousness" as well.

Thanks,
aniroo
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

ogus wrote: March 1st, 2018, 1:53 am Copyright of book edition is 1909. In any event, it seems to be identical with the Gutenberg version.

Anthony

Perfect!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!