[solo] The Goddess by Richard Marsh - kit

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 30th, 2018, 12:50 pm

WiltedScribe wrote:
October 30th, 2018, 12:04 pm
[I don't hear it, either! I think they work for you because your recording environment is better. I read that optimal settings differ from person to person, depending on where they record and how much noise they have to deal with. Who knows, maybe when I don't have a fan blowing beside me, your settings will work just fine for me? :P
phew I'm relieved. Yes it's probably a difference in environment. Get rid of that fan :lol:

In any case, your reading is a pleasure to listen to and that's the most important thing in a solo :) And I'm really curious how all this will develop.

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » December 21st, 2018, 10:45 pm

Chapter 4 is ready for PL. :) Murder is afoot! Clues are found! Angry men are angry! :lol:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | Zeus the Tragedian | Dramatic Reading Collection | One-Act Play Collection 13 | The World's Story Volume IX | And more... | To come...

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 22nd, 2018, 9:07 am

yay another chapter :9: and you're funny synopsis is quite to the point :lol: these guys really don't love each other. I can't believe that Ferguson simply makes evidence of the woman disappear without a bad conscience. :shock: For all he knows all the signs point to her being the murderess. What cheek.

Excellent dialogue between the doctor and Ferguson, wonderfully heated atmosphere. :thumbs: Great job, again, Tomas, and of course PL ok.

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » February 22nd, 2019, 3:53 pm

Hey Sonia,

Just checking in to say I'm still around and have this in mind. It's been a matter of finding time and keeping on top of the other obligations I have here. I'll try to record some more chapters in the coming weeks.
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Goddess | Zeus the Tragedian | Dramatic Reading Collection | One-Act Play Collection 13 | The World's Story Volume IX | And more... | To come...

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » February 23rd, 2019, 1:59 am

thanks for the update, Tomas :) no stress, I'll keep the project open. Have a nice weekend :)

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » April 23rd, 2019, 1:42 pm

Hey Sonia,

Nope, still haven't forgotten about this. :wink: Evidently time was limited for the past few months, but I will hope for the best come spring. I should probably set a goal to get this done in time for Halloween. That might help ease it along.

Thanks for your patience!
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » April 23rd, 2019, 11:00 pm

WiltedScribe wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 1:42 pm
I should probably set a goal to get this done in time for Halloween. That might help ease it along.
sounds like a good plan, Tomas 8-)

I just checked, that leaves you 26 weeks for 22 chapters. So that would be about a chapter a week (with a few to spare for holidays). Ambitious, but can be done.

Good luck ! I'll be here to PL :)

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » June 19th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Hi Sonia,

Doing my due diligence to let you know I'm not MIA. :) This past week was uncharacteristically busy for me, so my recording time was drastically reduced. I'm trying to find a good stretch of free time so I can knock out a few more chapters for this. Fortunately my holidays are in a month, so that time may be coming! And if it doesn't, feel free to chastise me LOL.

The October goalpost still stands, too. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 19th, 2019, 11:20 pm

WiltedScribe wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 4:36 pm
Fortunately my holidays are in a month, so that time may be coming! And if it doesn't, feel free to chastise me LOL.
:lol: I will !
The October goalpost still stands, too. :thumbs:
gotta love optimism ;) But yes, if you are doing a good recording session one day, a lot can be done already. It's not impossible.

Thanks for the update, Tomas ! And I hope this week will be less busy for you.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » August 20th, 2019, 2:00 am

Hi Tomas, just a short hello to ask if this is not forgotten ;) Haven't heard from you in a while, I hope all is well :? Any holidays in sight ?

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » August 21st, 2019, 10:05 pm

Hi Sonia!

Nope, I'm still here, checking in everyday (even if I forget to log in sometimes while doing so). Thank you for your patience with this. These summer months had me going hither and tither without much of a chance to find good chunks of time to record, but the original pledge of October still stands for now. I understand the chances of finishing are becoming slimmer and slimmer, but I'd like to get a few more chapters in at any rate. :P
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » August 22nd, 2019, 1:26 am

WiltedScribe wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 10:05 pm
the original pledge of October still stands for now.
you are optimistic :shock: :thumbs: but it's indeed not impossible, if you suddenly get going and record some chunks in one big session. I know that I already did that at one point. Though it's exhausting.

I'm glad I heard from you, that's the most important thing for now. Enjoy the movies !

Sonia

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » October 17th, 2019, 8:33 pm

So, I may not be able to finish this after all. :hmm: We may have to open it up to the public if it wants to see the light of day. I just have to decide whether or not I want to claim a few more chapters.

This does sadden me, since I really want to complete a solo of something. :(
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » October 17th, 2019, 11:40 pm

WiltedScribe wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 8:33 pm
So, I may not be able to finish this after all. :hmm: We may have to open it up to the public if it wants to see the light of day. I just have to decide whether or not I want to claim a few more chapters.

This does sadden me, since I really want to complete a solo of something. :(
awww I don't want you to be sad or give up. We still have time and don't need to open it as group yet. Other solos run for longer than this already. As long as I know you are still interested, I don't mind holding this for you Tomas.

The thing is: do you want to keep this book as solo, then we keep it. But if you think it doesn't interest you anymore and that is maybe the reason why you keep postponing the recording, then of course it's better to open it as group. Just let me know.

I would see a solo as follows, it may make it easier for you to complete. Imagine it is already a group project and you claimed ONE section. Just try to do this section in your two-month deadline, like you would with any other project. Then when you did that, imagine you claim the next section, and so on. With a steady pace of 1 section every 2 months, it may take a while, but it will be finished eventually (and still well within one life-span :lol: ) Maybe seeing it this way isn't such a daunting task as seeing all these sections assigned to you in one go.

In any case, let me know. If you don't want to give up yet, I still believe you can do it :) (now how is this for a pep-talk ?)

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 19th, 2019, 2:28 am

any updates on this project, Tomas ?

Hope all is well :)

Sonia