[COMPLETE] Haus des schwarzen Magiers, Bulwer-Lytton - ava

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ClaudiaSterngucker

Post by ClaudiaSterngucker »

Hi Erin,

Your Thanksgiving poem is so beautifully read, I love it! :9: I have problems with this poem at the moment, I just don't seem to be able to find the right tone...nothing I do feels right. I recorded many versions this afternoon, but I cannot say yes to even a single one of them. The 'feeling' must be right about a recording - do you experience that, too?

Great, thanks a lot for the new link, the gentleman who pronounces the words speaks very clear! I'm using this link quite often. It's an online dictionary that translates German words into different languages and also provides inflection charts and recordings.

https://www.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/

How many languages do you speak?
Claudia

"Aus Druckerschwärze entstehen Dinge, Menschen, Geister und Götter, die man sonst nicht sehen könnte." Erich Kästner
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hi Claudia,

Thank you very much! It's very good of you to say such generous things. As for the poem, I know it's easy for me to say this, but it probably isn't as bad as you think. I'm completely serious. How you hear it will be very different to how someone else hears it. This has happened to me. I have uploaded files that I wasn't happy with because I told myself 'you're overthinking it, just upload it, and if a listener doesn't like it there are other readers' versions available', and then been told that such-and-such about the poem was good. I know that I wasn't 100% happy with it, but maybe somebody else ended up liking it.

I like the link! German speakers never believe me when I say it, but I love the sound of German. It's such a beautiful language.

I've been really cowardly and only recorded in English! And to be honest, there are days when I'm in front of the mic and it feels as if I don't even speak my own language! Some days are just like that, I guess. I speak three languages, though if I'm completely honest, not all to the same level, and certainly not all to the level I would like. I realise that's nothing for someone in Switzerland!
ClaudiaSterngucker

Hi Erin,

Oh, I can understand that you like the sound of German - I do, too! Not my terrible Swiss German accent, but real and beautifully spoken German. It sounds sooooo educated in my ears. :mrgreen:

I know the feeling of sitting in front of the mic and feeling like you don't even speak your own language...and of starting to seriously dislike my mouth, lips and nose. I so admire you and many other narrators here that can speak without making mouth and nose noises. It's probably speaking technique; being able to form words without moving the mouth and tongue unnecessarily...the whole thing slowly drives me mad. A wise friend from Wales told me yesterday that difficulties and roadblocks always happen when doing something worthwhile...

It's great and a huge achievement to speak three language...and it's absolutely NOT nothing for someone from Switzerland! I do also speak three language fairly fluent and am dabbling in several other languages. One of them is Welsh, as I'm fascinated by Celtic culture and language.
Claudia

"Aus Druckerschwärze entstehen Dinge, Menschen, Geister und Götter, die man sonst nicht sehen könnte." Erich Kästner
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hi Claudia,

I love that you're interested in Welsh! That's really exciting!

Your friend was right. If this were easy, everybody would do it. Even with all of the helpful videos and online manuals and things, it's still a lot to learn. But here's the thing - you are learning, but it's just in lots of small steps so you don't notice it. I will tell something that happened to me so you know I'm not just saying that. I saw a friend I hadn't seen in about two years. We were catching up, and she asked, out of blue, if I had been having elocution lessons. It wasn't lessons, but it was recording! I hadn't really noticed a difference when I worked on it every week, but she certainly did.

Just keep going. It's isn't something that happens overnight.

PS I listened to your Thanksgiving poem and I liked it!
ClaudiaSterngucker

Lieber Bernd,

Abschnitt 3 ist bereit. Vielen herzlichen Dank und ich wünsche Dir ein schönes, vielleicht sogar schneereiches Wochenende! :mrgreen: :thumbs:

Liebe Grüsse

Claudia

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/hausschwarzenmagiers_3_bulwer-lytton_128kb.mp3.mp3 27:22
Claudia

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Claudia, bitte pass auf Deinen filenamen auf - dieser hier hat zwei mp3's ganz hinten!

Du kannst auf das PL warten bevor Du's aenderst - wenn's sonst nix ist, kann ich das auch selber im uploader machen. In diesem Fall bitte schreib ein "FILENAME" oder so ins MW, damit ich das nicht vergessen tu'.

Danke !
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hallo Claudia,

bis auf den Filename ist Abschnitt 3 PL OK. :thumbs:
Availle wrote:Du kannst auf das PL warten bevor Du's aenderst - wenn's sonst nix ist, kann ich das auch selber im uploader machen. In diesem Fall bitte schreib ein "FILENAME" oder so ins MW, damit ich das nicht vergessen tu'.

Danke !
Ich habe im MW den Abschnitt mit "FILENAME" markiert. :wink:

Ich wünsche Euch noch einen angenehmen Sonntag. :D
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

:thumbs:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
ClaudiaSterngucker

Dankeeeeee! :clap: :D :9:

Es ist das doppelte 'mp3', nicht wahr? Bei mir steht im Computer nur eines am Schluss, und sobald ich es hochgeladen habe, waren es plötzlich zwei. Ich dachte, Librivox hätte eines hinzugefügt, deshalb traute ich mich nicht, es wieder zu stibitzen. Wird sofort erledigt! :mrgreen:
Claudia

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Wenn Du (mit audacity?) den filenamen vergibst. brauchst Du das .mp3 nicht selber anhaengen - audacity macht das automatisch.

Wenn Du's doch selber anhaengst, dann kommen eben zwei heraus. ;-)
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
ClaudiaSterngucker

Ja, ich arbeite normalerweise mit Audacity...ich habe jedoch ein paar Mal 'beschissen' und die Dienste von Auphonic in Anspruch genommen, jedoch ist meine freie Zeit abgelaufen und für Nachschub fehlen mir die Mittel. Schande, ich weiss - mein jüngerer Sohn meine auch stirnrunzelnd, warum ich denn nicht gleich die ganze Arbeit selber machen würde. Schliesslich könne man fehlendes Audacity - Wissen leicht von Tutorials lernen! :oops: :mrgreen:

Dieses Mal sollte der Filename stimmen. Yoda täte sagen: "Die Dummheit gross in dir ist."

Abschnitt 4 ist bereit und im Magic Window.
Claudia

lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

ClaudiaSterngucker wrote:Abschnitt 4 ist bereit und im Magic Window.
Abschnitt 4 ist PL OK. :thumbs:
Bernd

reader page of lorda

ClaudiaSterngucker

Herzlichen Dank, Bernd! :9:

Verschneite Grüsse aus der Schweiz :D

Claudia
Claudia

ClaudiaSterngucker

Ciao Bernd,

Abschnitt 5 ist bereit im Magic Window. Ich wünsche Dir einen mega schönen Freitag...bald ist Wochenendeeee! :9:
Claudia

lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

ClaudiaSterngucker wrote: Abschnitt 5 ist bereit im Magic Window. Ich wünsche Dir einen mega schönen Freitag...bald ist Wochenendeeee!
Abschnitt 5 ist PL OK. :thumbs:

Auch Dir ein erholsames Wochenende. :D
Bernd

reader page of lorda