COMPLETE More About Pixie by Mrs. George DeHorne Vaizey-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

That was a great chapter and you did a wonderful job with it. PL OK.
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

I am still here. Family stuff has takeover for a while. Am aware of projected June deadline for completion. Will certainly try to meet that.
Judi Mason
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for checking in Judi. You can certainly adjust your target date, if that is needed.

MaryAnn
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

ch 25 uploaded.
I updated my browser and now everything is haywire, including audacity.
and I may have wiped out ch 24. pls let me know if I have to re-upload.
Judi Mason
linny

Post by linny »

25 is PL OK.

You just moved sections around a little. It happens to me all the time. I straightened them back out for you.
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

Thanks for rescuing the chapters!
Chapter 26 is posted.
My voice sounds a bit hoarse in places -- I think because of all the volcano pollutants in the air. Let me know if you want me to re-record. I think it might sound OK for the Miss Munns character?
Judi Mason
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

Chapt 27 is posted. A very short one.
Judi Mason
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

And Chapter 28
Judi Mason
linny

Post by linny »

Wow! You've had a busy day. I’m so excited. I have to admit that I’ve become hooked on this cast of characters.

I didn't realize you are on the big island or that the debris had traveled so far. Stay safe and healthy.
linny

Post by linny »

My husband tells me the debris can travel worldwide and that's a contributing factor to the prior ice age. I'm so simple minded on this subject.

I do like the voice for Mrs. Munns and all chapters are PL OK. :thumbs:
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

I am in Honolulu, not the Big I. We are frequently afflicted by vog, or volcanic smog. Many have to walk around with inhalers. And it's so much worse these days. But not as bad as being directly in the path of a wall of lava.

I hope to finish recording the coming week, and with the editing the week after.

I need to write the summary. Will run it by you. How do I insert it into the correct box?
Judi Mason
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

JUDIMASON wrote: May 12th, 2018, 1:10 pm I need to write the summary. Will run it by you. How do I insert it into the correct box?
Judi,

You can just post it here in the thread. As long as you make it clear when it's "final" (vs a draft), I'll then copy it into the catalog record behind the scenes.

Happy Mother's Day!

MaryAnn
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

Ch 29 posted.

There may be an error in the text...?
At 6:54…should be “snorted” instead of "snored"? I read it as presented. Let me know if you want me to change it.
Judi Mason
linny

Post by linny »

Oh goodness. I was so wrong. I just knew he would turn out to be Bridgie’s long lost beau. :9:

6:53 They snored with excitement at the mystery of the first lock, and wrapped their hands in their pinafores to keep them safely out of the way, since the Captain said that it was impossible to be too careful in such places.

I looked it up and found out the origin of the word snore in Old English was to 'breathe heavily' and wasn't necessarily tied to the noise one can make when sleeping. That definition does work for the sentence however if you want to treat it as a typo I certainly won’t object. You are pretty much word perfect on the text and this minor word change wouldn’t change the meaning. For now I'm marking it as PL OK.
JUDIMASON

Post by JUDIMASON »

Ch 30 is posted.

I did not change "snoring".

What do you think about this as a summary?

Pixie is older, her world becomes wider. The stories of her sister Bridgie and her brother Jack emerge, and also that of an intriguing neighbor, Miss Sylvia Trevor.
Judi Mason