[COMPLETE][Solo] The Seen and the Unseen, by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

I got a little bit behind here at LV. It will take me a couple more days to catch up.

Happy Easter to you and yours.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: March 31st, 2018, 2:59 pm I got a little bit behind here at LV. It will take me a couple more days to catch up.
no stressing over this one at all, as you know, Linny :) I have time. And as I said...you will not get the third chapter of this story any time soon LOL so maybe you even want to wait until you can listen to the entire story together.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
linny

Post by linny »

Both sections are PL OK. Looks like the next section will be a lot of running around and deal making. :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 6:44 am Both sections are PL OK. Looks like the next section will be a lot of running around and deal making. :lol:
you have no idea :lol: but it will take a bit of time still....
thanks for the PL ok. Right on the first go, yay :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hey Linny, I did have a bit more time this afternoon, so I figured, I shouldn't let you wait too long for the finale. So here is the showdown for the two diamonds :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_19_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 22:46 min.

8 stories completed, 4 left to do... 8-)

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

I got lost. I thought the jeweler had it.

Section 19 pl note:
0:58 – Mr. Darcre could scarcely believe that the profusely perspiring little man addressed himself to him, but Mr. Fungst removed all misapprehension on that score by twitching Mr. Dacre by the lapel of his coat.
I hear label
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote:I got lost. I thought the jeweler had it.
well not for long, they sold it to the Duke of Datchett ;) and that's where the story kicks in in the third chapter
Section 19 pl note:
0:58 – Mr. Darcre could scarcely believe that the profusely perspiring little man addressed himself to him, but Mr. Fungst removed all misapprehension on that score by twitching Mr. Dacre by the lapel of his coat.
I hear label
oh I kept hearing a distinct "p" sound and not a "b" so I went and checked the pronunciation to see what you mean. I actually thought it was "LAY-ple" and that's what I said, but now I see that it's pronounced "le-PELL" :shock: how curious to pronounce it on the last syllable, it sounds almost French. Well, this is definitely one word I always said wrong :lol: I probably never heard it yet, but only read it in books.

Here is the corrected file, only "by twitching Mr. Dacre by the lapel of his coat" is re-recorded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_19_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 22:47 min.

Thanks ! You prevented me from making a fool of myself yet again. :oops:

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Spot check PL OK!

I'm glad I could help. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hi Linny, remember me ? I thought it was time to read another chapter in here. Here is the first chapter of the curious case of Mr Groome and Mr Goad.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_20_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 22:09 min.

Wishing you a nice weekend :) And as always, I'm not in a hurry, you know that.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Sonia,
It's been a strange couple of days around here. My husband is being transferred so I'm arranging to close the apartment in one state and all the craziness around moving his items either back home, to Qatar, or Colorado. I do wish they would make up their minds what they are doing to our lives. :roll: Oh well, time will tell.
linny

Post by linny »

This is an interesting tale. :thumbs:

6:13 – possible pronunciation –
; but, to mu unutterable amazement, old Groome was calmly ascending the dais at the end of the room. And not only ascending the dais, but, advancing to the piano, he seated himself a the keyboard.
I hear closer to days. I’m accustomed to this word being two syllables. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dais

Pronunciation at 8:41 is closer to my expectation and different than what I heard at 6:13.
Charging into the crowd, I reached the dais just as old Groome was coming down the steps.

16:20 “No, only-it was the queerest thing-at a concert at the Apollo the other night there was a man named Goad-Isaac Goad.
I hear Not
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: May 7th, 2018, 11:27 am 6:13 – possible pronunciation –
; but, to mu unutterable amazement, old Groome was calmly ascending the dais at the end of the room. And not only ascending the dais, but, advancing to the piano, he seated himself a the keyboard.
I hear closer to days. I’m accustomed to this word being two syllables. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dais

Pronunciation at 8:41 is closer to my expectation and different than what I heard at 6:13.
Charging into the crowd, I reached the dais just as old Groome was coming down the steps.

16:20 “No, only-it was the queerest thing-at a concert at the Apollo the other night there was a man named Goad-Isaac Goad.
I hear Not
oops, I think I really also saw "not only" :lol: I will definitely change that. The sentence sounded strange to me anyway. Now I know why.

As for dais...I'll have a listen and think about whether I will change it. Is is really incomprehensible ? ? l'll ponder it.

Thank you, Linny, as always. And good luck with your moving house. Always stressful, I can feel for you. So you may be moving to Qatar ? :shock:

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

If you wanted to leave dais the way it is I’m sure that’s ok. It caught my ear so I wanted to point it out to you.

I don’t move, just him. We own our home so to move out for 6 months here and a year there would be too expensive. I stay and maintain home base. He goes and we meet up when and where we can. It’s hard sometime but he really likes his work so it is what it is.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: May 8th, 2018, 6:52 am If you wanted to leave dais the way it is I’m sure that’s ok. It caught my ear so I wanted to point it out to you.
here is the corrected file. I indeed left the dais like it was. I think it's understandable. I only changed "No, only-it was the queerest thing" and nothing else.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_20_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 22:10 min.
I don’t move, just him. We own our home so to move out for 6 months here and a year there would be too expensive. I stay and maintain home base. He goes and we meet up when and where we can. It’s hard sometime but he really likes his work so it is what it is.
ah ok, yes if involves so much moving, that's probably not feasible for you either, since you have your own job as well. :hmm: Well, as long as it works for you. And you can always visit him in his exotic work locations. :)

Trying to record my next chapter now !

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Kitty wrote: May 9th, 2018, 8:24 am And you can always visit him in his exotic work locations. :)
Exactly! We do get some interesting vacation locations which we otherwise would not have the opportunity to enjoy. :9: