[COMPLETE][Solo] The Seen and the Unseen, by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the long-awaited solution of the mystery of the Stormy Petrel robbery.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_23_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 10:54 min.

No hurry, as always, Linny :)

Thank you

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

PL OK! Two stories to go. That's exciting.

I enjoyed this line; "What the something’s that?”. It's such a nice was of saying it instead of the four letter words we generally hear replacing 'something's'. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 24th, 2018, 5:28 am PL OK! Two stories to go. That's exciting.
thanks for the quick PL :9: And yes...5 more sections. I actually start to believe I can finish it before the project is one year old.
I enjoyed this line; "What the something’s that?”. It's such a nice was of saying it instead of the four letter words we generally hear replacing 'something's'. :wink:
haha yes true, the perks of reading PD material is that back in the days the rude words were more scarce.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And I had a go at the next story. This is quite a bit of a goosebumps-story, you'll see...

First chapter is ready. I recorded all three chapters already, but haven't edited them yet. This will take some more time, I don't like to edit too much in one session. So you can wait to listen to the whole story together, if you wish. There is no hurry, as always.

Hope you like it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_24_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:42 min.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Sonia. It's going to take me a few days to get to this so take your time editing. :wink:
linny

Post by linny »

Section 24 is PL OK. A houseboat murder mystery. How intriguing. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Linny :9: sorry, didn't get much done over the weekend. You have to wait a bit longer for the next installment

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the story goes on....let's hear what the ghosts of the past have to say :shock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_25_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 15:10 min.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

14:15 - Have you tried the finger snap after the corresponding line? I don't know if it was because I had my PL ears on but I thought it was a tone marker for an error until I hear the line.

Other than that it's PL OK.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: July 11th, 2018, 6:29 am 14:15 - Have you tried the finger snap after the corresponding line? I don't know if it was because I had my PL ears on but I thought it was a tone marker for an error until I hear the line.
LOL no I was really snapping my finger. Just the way I would include a little laugh or groan at the appropriate places. I think it works well.

Anyway, I never snap my finger to mark an error. I simply repeat the line and later cut out the error. Was it too ear-shattering ? I listened with earphones as well to test it and to me it sounded fine.

We can mark it PL ok then.

Thanks !
Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Volume was fine. I was just confused for a moment until I heard the line. PL OK it is.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the grand finale for the murder on the houseboat. Quite a good classic ghost story :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_26_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 22:45 min.

Only one story left, 2 more sections. We're getting there. :D

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Section 26 is PL OK. That was a good ghost story.

Only 1 to go. :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: July 17th, 2018, 11:46 am Section 26 is PL OK. That was a good ghost story.
thanks Linny ! yes I extremely liked this one too. One of the best in this book.

And yes, I'm so elated to think that I'm at the final story. That story is quite unusual for this collection. Not creepy at all, rather more of social criticism. Still quite good.

Still need to edit...will take me some time.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

First chapter of the final story is in :9: It's really a complete break from the usual topics of this book. I wonder why the author included it at the end. :hmm: We'll meet the Earl of Datchet (remember the diamonds of the Duchess of Datchet that went bang :lol: ) Well...both the Earl of Datchet and the Duke of Staines are not quite people I would want to have anything to do with. But I let you judge for yourself. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_27_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 23:57 min.

I have recorded the other chapter as well, only need to edit. Will be about 20 minutes or maybe a bit less even. Maybe I can finish it before I leave for my holidays.

Sonia